2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

leoleo

Medalist
I wouldn't call Wakaba a stubborn child for deciding to keep the flip in the SP. For whatever reason, ISU has decided to devaluate the loop this season; so if the base value was closer to the flip before (5.10), now it's lower (4.90). This is why Satoko put it back in the SP. They just want to maximize their scoring potential.

it is not a smart decision tbh. If she gets a call she could end up with something like a -2. With the new GOE system, a solid 3loop would benefit her more than a flip with a ! call.

ioanna

Record Breaker
it is not a smart decision tbh. If she gets a call she could end up with something like a -2. With the new GOE system, a solid 3loop would benefit her more than a flip with a ! call.

The most she's gotten last season was ! and not always. Sometimes the flip was called clean and it received +GOE, so maybe she knows she can do it and thinks that it's worth the risk now that the loop has a lower base value. We'll see how it goes once she starts competing.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Ngl I think flip edge calls are dumb because good flip technique is closer to a flat edge anyway.

I think it’s more accurate to say that the approach to the flip entrance is almost flat (to prevent excessive curve and prerotation) and then after the 3turn or Mohawk and pick, the opposite blade should be on a shallow inside edge at take off.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Execution is more important thant BV nowadays (in most of cases). Wakaba can afford to not take the risk to put the 3F in SP. As long as she has not something like 3T-2T like combo she's fine. The other way to up her BV without 3F would be to do 2A/3lz/3lo-3lo. But that's unlikely.

leoleo

Medalist
Ljubljana:
Tomoe Kawabata (back in for 2nd event)
Rion Sumiyoshi (2nd event)

yeaaay Tomoe! i'll get to see her again! and Rion's well deserved 2nd spot.

Yerevan: Nana Araki 2nd event & Yuhana is back for her 2nd JGP spot great!
Well, Moa is out. Sad but expected.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Ljubljana:

I hope Tomoe wins a gold or silver medal

Leonardo

Final Flight
Ljubljana:

Great news. Yuhana and Tomoe are back <3

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist

leoleo

Medalist
I'm confused about these coaching changes!

According to reports, Wakaba failed to land her jumps in the run through of her FS which was changed. "I had cramps in my right leg halfway though the program. My spins and other elements were good. I need to make some adjustments (before the competition." she said

Her FS dress also isn't ready yet so she'll be skating with her Hymne à l'Amour dress at ACI.
I'm so excited to finally see her & Rika compete today! :hap93:

Nika09

On the Ice
Apparently Alina Zagitova will participate in Nebelhorn trophy instead of Ondrej Nepela. I'm really glad for her because it was very unfortunate with those dokument problems just before competition. But now chances for Mai Mihara to get gold medal there highly decreased I guess...I want and wish her to won her second Nebelhorn gold though!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Apparently Alina Zagitova will participate in Nebelhorn trophy instead of Ondrej Nepela. I'm really glad for her because it was very unfortunate with those dokument problems just before competition. But now chances for Mai Mihara to get gold medal there highly decreased I guess...I want and wish her to won her second Nebelhorn gold though!

Well, yes. Good for those who compete in Nepela though.

yude

Record Breaker
Wait! What??

I got the information during summer that Rin Nitaya is switching to Yamada/Higuchi group,
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013451.htm

but I totally didn't expect this:
So Yura Matsuda is now switching to Howa? :scratch2:
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013847.htm
No wonder she was getting choreography from J. Abbott, and her SP is by Akiko.

Are these two girls working on some kind of deal to make the switch with each other?

Thank you for the information, I wonder what happened :shocked:

Frites001

Spectator
Wakaba get called for her 3Flip this time. This time it was an "e". Perhaps she need to re-consider her technical elements in SP. Or maybe today it's just not her day...

ioanna

Record Breaker
Wakaba get called for her 3Flip this time. This time it was an "e". Perhaps she need to re-consider her technical elements in SP. Or maybe today it's just not her day...

All of her jumps had problems so it just wasn't her day.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Thank you for the information, I wonder what happened :shocked:

Well, I tried to look up a little, apparently before Yura joined Team Yamada/Higuchi in 14-15 season, she was training in Howa. She was coached by Mr. Nagakubo so it makes sense that Yura just returns to her former coaches. For Rin's case, it's quite unusual that Team Yamada would accept skaters at Sr. levels, but I guess as a student at ChukyoU she just gets in contact with both coaches quite easily. I could think of some possible pros and cons for the switch on both sides....

macy

Record Breaker
i'm a little baffled how mae berenice got higher PCS than the world silver medalist...