2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I’m baffled on how freaking Bradie Tennell got higher PCS than our Wakabond Higuchi.

(Is saying this illegal?)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Haven't had a chance to watch the FS from AC yet, but it was reported in the Japanese news after SP that Wakaba was not feeling with her leg. Hope it's nothing serious and that she'll be able to get better by GP.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m baffled on how freaking Bradie Tennell got higher PCS than our Wakabond Higuchi.

(Is saying this illegal?)

Talking about other skaters in the Japanese thread is ;) The announcement is clear in regards as to what can be posted outside the comp threads.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Any recent video on Marin Honda? I feel I haven't seen her for a while. She showed sp in summer shows, how about her LP? Any videos of her performing it?

leoleo

Medalist
Any recent video on Marin Honda? I feel I haven't seen her for a while. She showed sp in summer shows, how about her LP? Any videos of her performing it?

there was a very short video of it on jpn tv a few weeks ago. She seems to be working quietly, she said in her last interview that training is very intense over there at Raf's. At least she's focused. I hope it pays off

update: it's like we summoned this :laugh: this small video of marin training in the USA just came out today
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6u1ae3

ioanna

Record Breaker
Scoring 218.16 in her first competition of the season and skating that difficult FS with two triple axels, Rika Kihira has everything she needs to become World Champion if she keeps it together.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Congrats Rika for the successful senior international debut! Amazing skate and jumps :love:
And also congrats for the world record score in the free! Amazing job :love:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to Rika. Impressive free skate and big score. I don't know if another japanese did so well in her first senior competition.
I just hope that she's not ready to soon.

laiyamanika

On the Ice
Congratulations Rika!
I'm so proud of her clean 3A!
I really love her FS especially her step sequence. It was mesmerizing. :love:

leoleo

Medalist
Yeah i too am praying she doesn't peak early then loses momentum at the most important competitions :bow:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yeah i too am praying she doesn't peak early then loses momentum at the most important competitions :bow:

Me too!! But this was not perfect so she didn’t exactly peak. She fell on the SP and she had trouble with the 3S and I think with the 3Lo too. She’s struggling with the transitions, really. She used to have super difficult transition into the 3Lo but she slightly changed it and now she changed it again. She’s trying to make it work. The 3S is her most consistent jump but because she added those complicated entry and exit it became a struggle. I hope she gets it right next time! It looks absolutely amazing when she does! [emoji7] But props to her adjusting into the choreo and not losing her feel for the music.
By the way, I’m pretty sure both Nepela and ACI had a mismatched audio because all the skaters seemed off their music in both events.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I
Wow Rika! The Japanese ladies are in many ways just as strong as the Russians. Rika if she does both 3A is going to be a world contender if not fav for gold. The points. Such a blood bath in Japan Wakaba, Rika, Satoko, Main et al I love the Japenseladies as they are quite musical and good at presentation. It is easily possible we could see just like last year no Russian lady on the podium though a Japanese sweep is possible it might be unlikely with Bradie, the Russians and Carolina and risking Koreans. This is going to be good but it is really nice to see such positive skates from the Japanese ladies already.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Is it too wishful to see Rika as a possibility for GPF, 4C, and Worlds gold right now?! Because if she keeps skating like that it’s possible :)