2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 245 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, are we violating the rules about talking about competition results?

But I do want to say, apart from the results ... I am so thrilled for Mariah Bell ! That's the best short program I've seen her do in such a long time. All her talent, vivacity, expressiveness, love for the sport ... and stellar jumps. Way to bring it!:love::dance3:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just watched Bradie on Youtube…..She skated very well and I was impressed by the speed and positions in her spins.

frida80

Record Breaker
Kinda. We can be vague and say they did well but we can't talk about specifics or rankings.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's Ashley on the Bridgestone Ice Desk with Nick McCarvel, Brooke Castile, and Michael Weiss. This is the pre-Ladies SP show (about 18 minutes.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYcTm3sJbg

This is absolutely Ashley's wheelhouse.:love: She's present in the moment, nothing canned ... just like her skating always. She's authentic, articulate, knowledgeable. I'm so proud of her.

If you go to this site on youtube, a prompt will come up for the Live Broadcast before the Men's SP, in about 1-1/2 hours, I think? not sure. Reportedly Ashley will be commentating for all the events this week-end.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ting is, as of seeing her live at nationals, one of my new favorites. I'm so happy for her SP today ... let's just say she vanquished any demons that may have lurked about after her tough SP at nationals. So well done, Ting!:hap93:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
No, it has to be the entire competition.

*confused*

I thought this was the latest policy:

"Effective immediately, you may discuss competitions in threads outside the Competition Forums after each segment of an event (i.e. Short Program, Free Skate, Rhythm Dance, and Free Dance), but not during the specific segment of the event that is currently on-going."

Oh, well.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to that wording, you can talk about the segment here AFTER the SEGMENT is over. You just can't talk about the segment WHILE it is happening. That's what the competition threads are for.

And any prognostication about what will happen in the NEXT segment should NOT be discussed here but in the competition thread.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ting is, as of seeing her live at nationals, one of my new favorites. I'm so happy for her SP today ... let's just say she vanquished any demons that may have lurked about after her tough SP at nationals. So well done, Ting!:hap93:

To truly vanquish her demons she needs to now show that can skate more then one clean or even semi clean program in one competition.

ssminnow

Rinkside
Mariah should have been first in PCS. I hate that PCS is basically a proxy for technical content these days.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alysa Liu is there at 4CC, and she's going to skate in the Opening Ceremonies which are .... pretty soon .... or now?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mariah should have been first in PCS. I hate that PCS is basically a proxy for technical content these days.

I just watched Mariah Bell's SP. She was fast, musical, exciting, and I'm glad she's in the top 3

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I do think the moderators are not consistent in implementing the policy. On certain threads, violations will be warned or deleted but not for others.
So, are we violating the rules about talking about competition results?

But I do want to say, apart from the results ... I am so thrilled for Mariah Bell ! That's the best short program I've seen her do in such a long time. All her talent, vivacity, expressiveness, love for the sport ... and stellar jumps. Way to bring it!:love::dance3:

natsulian

Final Flight
Sadly, PCS are a reflection of politics and reputation. Mariah has had TWO clean shorts this entire season internationally; one at the very beginning of the season and yesterday, so her PCS are not going to skyrocket suddenly. The long is where she “broke through” this season having competed several near clean or clean long programs, so if she performs a clean one here, her scores should hopefully reflect that.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Sadly, PCS are a reflection of politics and reputation. Mariah has had TWO clean shorts this entire season internationally; one at the very beginning of the season and yesterday, so her PCS are not going to skyrocket suddenly. The long is where she “broke through” this season having competed several near clean or clean long programs, so if she performs a clean one here, her scores should hopefully reflect that.

Sadly, yes... because as I know ISU tries to fight against this tendency, but seems that these are judges who ignore ISU's instructiona and memos....or have bad knovledge of them and current ruleset

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
I do think the moderators are not consistent in implementing the policy. On certain threads, violations will be warned or deleted but not for others.

The post quoted was made after the Short Program was completed, so it was not outside guidelines.

This thread records current competition chat rules, which have been in place since November:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?74476

Effective immediately, you may discuss competitions in threads outside the Competition Forums after each segment of an event (i.e. Short Program, Free Skate, Rhythm Dance, and Free Dance), but not during the specific segment of the event that is currently on-going

As to other possible moderator inconsistencies, please remember that moderators cannot cover everything at the same time. GS Staff does its best, but we do rely on all of you to report violations of guidelines when you are troubled by them.

Thank you for your concern and help.

Finally, if there is some forum issue that you would like to discuss, please consider starting a thread in the Announcements and Feedback portion of the forum here:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Announcements-and-Feedback