2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 265 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

natsulian

Final Flight
Bradie said she’s done playing around and will put EVERYTHING on the table for the Free. Hmmm... are we going to see that 3Lz-3Lo? 🤔

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Bradie said she’s done playing around and will put EVERYTHING on the table for the Free. Hmmm... are we going to see that 3Lz-3Lo? ��

Placements aside, she's in good shape going into the LP. She really needs to get everything rotated to move up, so I think she'd be wise to get to 7 triples without her harder combo.

Bradie said she’s done playing around and will put EVERYTHING on the table for the Free. Hmmm... are we going to see that 3Lz-3Lo? ��

No reason to play it safe now. Bradie's got to blast her way past several formidable skaters ahead of her, if the USA is still hoping for three spots next year. (And that's assuming that Mariah holds on to sixth.)

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Lim and Bell

The original thread on this subject in the Edge was closed until further "official" reports are released. Everything now is coming from Lim's management company. Please refrain from discussing until official reports are released by either the skating federation, ISU, or official statements from the skaters.

Should any official information be released, we will open the thread for discussion.

This is in keeping with the Guidelines regarding speculation, gossip, rumors, etc.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:

doublequad

On the Ice
Bradie seemed a lot less secure in her SP than at 4CC. Yesterday her jumps weren't to the music, the landings were scratchy, and her energy just seemed off. I hope she does better in the free. mariah had a good problem

Amei

Record Breaker
No reason to play it safe now. Bradie's got to blast her way past several formidable skaters ahead of her, if the USA is still hoping for three spots next year. (And that's assuming that Mariah holds on to sixth.)

Yeah, she's really got nothing to gain by playing it safe because outside of her own teammate in Mariah, I can't look see anyone else in the top 9 who she can move ahead of with ease and the benefit for her is the person below her, Daleman hasn't competed for a full season and based on her nationals FS it's questionable if she's got the stamina to get through a competition FS.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Wonder if Bradie will bring back her 3Lz+3Lo now that she’s so far behind

She's hardly "so far behind." She's only 7.36 out of 2nd place, that's how close everybody is. While I don't expect her to get on the podium she can easily move up a number of spots. 3 spots for next worlds isn't dead yet but it will be tight so both girls need to be near their best.

rlopen

On the Ice
Bradie looked VERY tentative out there in the SP and just did not have the usual "spark" and grit that her SP tends to have, and even when she has glaringly obvious mistakes in her SP in the past there was more fire to it than today. Mariah skated with unbridled passion as per usual which is always great to see. (I am saddened to hear about you-know-what, though.)

macy

Record Breaker
i didn't get a chance to peek at mariah's instagram until now...omg, i really hope she's staying off all social media right now. nobody even knows the real story yet and everyone is pointing fingers and being so hurtful.

Trewyn

Medalist
i didn't get a chance to peek at mariah's instagram until now...omg, i really hope she's staying off all social media right now. nobody even knows the real story yet and everyone is pointing fingers and being so hurtful.

It is absolutely terrifying!!
I can’t imagine she’s unaware of all the hate. I really hope it won’t impact her performance tomorrow! Social media can be such a curse!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I'm a little worried that the off-ice drama will affect Mariah psychologically in the LP. She really needs to be sharp to stay in the top 7 or 8. Hopefully she isn't checking social media during the event.

oly2018

Final Flight
Looking at practice reports, Mariah was practicing well yesterday, so hopefully she is ready to go. I hope Bradie can pull up a spot or two. I actually prefer her R&J program, so I hope she can perform it well.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Looking at practice reports, Mariah was practicing well yesterday, so hopefully she is ready to go. I hope Bradie can pull up a spot or two. I actually prefer her R&J program, so I hope she can perform it well.

Really cool to see in practice, Bradie did the first 3lutz-3t, stepped out of the second 3lutz, and then did a fully rotated (according to Jackie Wong) 3loop-3t to makeup for the second combo. I like how she has a back-up plan.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
UPDATE:

While the GS Forums allows discussion on official news and statements, we do not tolerate speculation, rumors, gossip, stereotyping, etc. We tried to allow discussion in the thread below, however, too many comments needed to be moderated due to the above which goes against the GS Forum Guidelines and our request to stick to the facts.

Until further notice, please refrain from discussing the incident regarding Lim and Bell.

Thanks for understanding.

ISU Statement regarding Bell and Lim

Casual

On the Ice
She's hardly "so far behind." She's only 7.36 out of 2nd place, that's how close everybody is. While I don't expect her to get on the podium she can easily move up a number of spots. 3 spots for next worlds isn't dead yet but it will be tight so both girls need to be near their best.

Do we need 3 spots next year? Maybe having only 2 spots will spur more intense internal competition, and would become a blessing in disguise.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Do we need 3 spots next year? Maybe having only 2 spots will spur more intense internal competition, and would become a blessing in disguise.

For the majority of the last 12 years the US has only had 2 spots and I don't think it has made a difference in the quality of of American ladies. We had the brief period of Gracie and Ashley competing for the podium but other then that nothing coming close. The competition at nationals is intense but not for the right reasons. Not because the quality is so high but because everyone is at the same level of frustrating inconsistency.

Not getting the third spot isn't the end of the world but it does mean something beyond prestige and bragging rights. Another spot means increased opportunities and opening up nationals for more. It means one more girl has a chance at international competition, letting the judges see her and getting valuable experience even if she finishes outside the top 15. Tara Lipinski said she would never have won worlds in 1997 if she hadn't had the experience in 1996 when she was only #3 and placed outside the top 10. So why its not "needed" its strongly desired.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Congratulations to Bradie on a clean freeskate and a score of 143+ points and 213+ overall. She really gave the best she could. She posted on instagram after the short that she couldn't wait for the free, and clearly she wasn't lying! :) Great job!!