2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 274 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
If you search Gracie's name on Twitter, a fan posted a one and a half minute clip of Gracie from Iceworks. She wasn't doing any jumps in that clip of her performance, but she looked like she was enjoying herself and the audience was screaming loudly for her. I think getting comfortable even doing shows without jumps is an important step for her.

TA91

Rinkside
I didn’t find the clip you mentioned, but I did find this very brief clip of Gracie demonstrating a pivot for a student, and these pictures

https://twitter.com/graciegold195/status/1110189358060052480?s=21

https://twitter.com/graciegold195/status/1110197487346814978?s=21

That's from her AllAccess interview, not the show. She was showing one of the reporters how to spin.

This is the clip that was mentioned:

https://mobile.twitter.com/snowytenis/status/1114388387111350272

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm happy to see Gracie improving, but it makes me wonder even more what she was thinking entering Rostelecom last year and submitting the planned elements that she did. So many people were saying she had her jumps back but was just really nervous, and that appears not to be the case at all.

halulupu

Final Flight
Contractual agreements with sponsors, money, and a starting point for a good comback story. A clever move. She wasn't doing even one triple in practice. She obviously hadn't her jumps back yet. But now she has and will be the us number one again. Go gracie

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
Contractual agreements with sponsors, money, and a starting point for a good comback story. A clever move. She wasn't doing even one triple in practice. She obviously hadn't her jumps back yet. But now she has and will be the us number one again. Go gracie

Contractual agreements with sponsors was a reason for not withdrawing until later on in the season from her gp assignments in the 2017-2018 season, but I'm not sure if Gracie had those same or any sponsors this season. More than likely she was hoping to be farther along at that point when she was originally assigned in June, but I'll agree that the submitted layout is a little puzzling in hindsight. But I still say that getting on the ice in shows is important, because she hasn't been doing any ice shows until now, or wearing anything other than heavy sweatshirts on ice when we've seen her aside from her gp assignment.

Orlov

Medalist
Do you guys have any TV-shows in America like the Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"? Not necessarily only with kids, just any show? I really would not want to miss if it exists.

katymay

Medalist
Do you guys have any TV-shows in America like the Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"? Not necessarily only with kids, just any show? I really would not want to miss if it exists.

No. But it is fun to think who we would have for our "Ice Age Kids" version. Who would be the mentors? Who would be the hosts? Carol Heiss would be a fun mentor. Maybe Frank Carol for the Tarasova role.....Johnny Weir for the Alexei Yaguden role...

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
They tried a couple times to start a show about skating with celebrities but they were cancelled after a couple of episodes. The general public isn’t really interested in figure skating outside the Olympics.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
They tried a couple times to start a show about skating with celebrities but they were cancelled after a couple of episodes. The general public isn’t really interested in figure skating outside the Olympics.

Yeah Dancing on Ice only took off in the UK and Germany.

Orlov

Medalist
Johnny Weir for the Alexei Yaguden role...

Oh god, I would love to see it! :) I love Johnny!

And let him come to us at "Ice Age Kids"! Then the children will compete with each other and they will be judged in the 6.0 system by invited judges. Usually it's famous coaches or athletes (Bestemyanova, Dmitriev, Gordeeva, Sotnikova). One could invite Johnny as a judge, he knows Russian. I am sure if Johnny would have asked, he would have been definitely invited - we love foreigners. And TAT knows him, he was her student.

I would like to see Johnny in our show so much! :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If you search Gracie's name on Twitter, a fan posted a one and a half minute clip of Gracie from Iceworks. She wasn't doing any jumps in that clip of her performance, but she looked like she was enjoying herself and the audience was screaming loudly for her. I think getting comfortable even doing shows without jumps is an important step for her.

patinartphoto recorded Gracie triple toe at IceWorks show:

That's from her AllAccess interview, not the show. She was showing one of the reporters how to spin. ...

No less than anchor Natalie Morales, who has interviewed many Olympians (including figure skaters) for Access and for the Today show. :)