2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

pearly

Record Breaker
God I wonder if Jackson is like "dammit Karen, we said you're not allowed to write it's our skates."

I'm guessing she'll never utter the words "boot problems" again. I'd put it in her contract.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is probably in Waterloo for programs? What famous choreographer is there?

Karen may be there for skate fitting. Jason went to Waterloo for Jackson skate fitting last summer and practiced at TCC while trying-on the skates.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Well I'm glad a new boot company was accepting of her despite her reoccurring boot issues. They commented on her post with a smiley face so it must be okay that she's open about it. Hopefully she'll build a better relationship with Jackson and maybe finally get over these issues she's been having.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Maybe Nathan helped put in a good word for her :) - but hope she can settle her boot issues and focus on her great skating and further improvement instead.

tothepointe

On the Ice
Well I'm glad a new boot company was accepting of her despite her reoccurring boot issues. They commented on her post with a smiley face so it must be okay that she's open about it. Hopefully she'll build a better relationship with Jackson and maybe finally get over these issues she's been having.

Wasn't the USFS skate tech who did all the alterations to her old boots in the first place a Jackson employee? I hate to jump in on this converation again but it seems like Karen has a honeymoon period when it comes to boots. On the flip side if she does feel more comfortable in brand new boots all the time a larger company has the production capacity to make it happen.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Wasn't the USFS skate tech who did all the alterations to her old boots in the first place a Jackson employee? I hate to jump in on this converation again but it seems like Karen has a honeymoon period when it comes to boots. On the flip side if she does feel more comfortable in brand new boots all the time a larger company has the production capacity to make it happen.

I don't know what a Jackson employee potentially working on her old boots has to do with anything. I think a good portion of her "boot" problems come from a mental block and if she has a better relationship with a company, maybe she'll be able to get through that. Just being hopeful.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, re Gracie:

On Mar 20, Micah Tang (who trains at Ice Den Scottsdale) posted a very nice photo with her, along with this comment:

It's been great to have you at the rink! Thanks for stopping by for a month. Gonna miss you lots! 😭😭😭

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkNLiNgCk7/?taken-by=tangmicah

Gives the impression that Gracie is moving on?​

Hanna Harrell is competing in Junior Ladies at Egna Spring Trophy. SP on Apr 6; FS on Apr 8.

(Per the Ladies column on USFS assignments page, "Zhang" withdrew on Mar 23. But not clear which Zhang.)

MarinHondas

Final Flight

frida80

Record Breaker
FWIW, re Gracie:

On Mar 20, Micah Tang (who trains at Ice Den Scottsdale) posted a very nice photo with her, along with this comment:

It's been great to have you at the rink! Thanks for stopping by for a month. Gonna miss you lots! 😭😭😭

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkNLiNgCk7/?taken-by=tangmicah

Gives the impression that Gracie is moving on?​

Hanna Harrell is competing in Junior Ladies at Egna Spring Trophy. SP on Apr 6; FS on Apr 8.

(Per the Ladies column on USFS assignments page, "Zhang" withdrew on Mar 23. But not clear which Zhang.)

Probably Emily Zhang.

temadd

Final Flight
So you want to send Ashley to Tom Z for better technical help? Really? His skaters unterotate all.the.time. I believe RAF is one of our best jump technicians around. Ashley went to him late in her skating carrier, and yet she did great under him. World silver medalist, doing very , very well with her Grand Prix events every year, except of course for last year, and she kept winning Nationals or be on top three for almost ten years.. Pretty good record if you ask me!
Because I know a Bradie, I can assure you, that no one works harder than her. She also has an amazing relationship with her brilliant coach. That’s an extra benefit.she will great.

Hi Georgia!

bubblecherry

Final Flight
With +5 GOE coming up maybe Karen should consider a new jump layout. Her 3Lz is HUGE, gorgeous and rotated, it's putting it in combo that's an issue.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
As Patrick says, Alysa is "our Lord and Savior"
We just need to not hype the heck out of her a la Gracie
So think this on here and not on NBC :)

Also, in the Bradie Tennell thread, I posted a bunch about US coaches and what needs to happen to get us better. Check 'em out! :biggrin: