2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

MarinHondas

Final Flight
did haley beavers retire? she doesn't post much on training/skating on her instagram anymore. i was really looking forward to her making a comeback...so much potential.

She recently posted a video on Instagram of a few jumps. The caption says she was injured for almost 5 months and couldn’t skate. Seems tough. Don’t know if she can regain form and make nationals. Guess we will see.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmT6KsFl2Hf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1b5492hw3jjxr

frida80

Record Breaker
Hanna has been replaced in JGP Canada with Gabriella. I’m happy for Gabriella but seriously bummed for Hannah.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Do you know what she is studying?

She is studying Communications, according to the video she did with the Olympic Channel. And I think she might compete, but only at Nationals this year. She recently posted herself doing stuff on the ice. I guess her injury is healed. She was seen to be doing waltz jumps.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
This is a bummer. I hope all is well with Hanna.

Same. I love Gabby’s skating, really strong PCS and big jumps but Hanna had a lot of real potential to medal. She just posted all those 3-3-3-3’s too:( hope she heals quickly if she’s injured. Hope everything is well though.

WesleyFox

Rinkside
Keeping up with this thread is like homework, but it keeps me SO PUMPED!!
Besides EVERYBODY.. who is everyone's favorite US Lady? The one(s) you're really rooting for?!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Besides EVERYBODY.. who is everyone's favorite US Lady? The one(s) you're really rooting for?!

I’m gonna go ahead and root for bradie. She can really make it. So, it’s taken me a long time, but , Go Bradie!!!

It’s just too hard to root for ultra talents like Angela and Karen. I don’t feel I have the energy to root for them and end up disappointed.☹️

princessalica

Final Flight
I’m a Gracie fan. I’m absolutely rooting for her. I really want to see a softer side of Courtney hicks. She’s got so much power, but there could be more to the story is she were to be refined. And not usually counted in contention, but I like Hannah Miller.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Right now Bradie is the strongest. She can learn a 3z-3lo over the summer and executed it in a competition already, that shows her potential. She is 20 but she has a body of a 15, and it will probably stay this way. I like Karen but I am very frustrated to see over the years, it is the same under-rotation problem...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

International senior: Bradie
International junior: Hanna or Ting
International novice: Alysa

macy

Record Breaker
I’m a Gracie fan. I’m absolutely rooting for her. I really want to see a softer side of Courtney hicks. She’s got so much power, but there could be more to the story is she were to be refined. And not usually counted in contention, but I like Hannah Miller.

speaking of Hannah Miller, she posted an instagram video yesterday of some nice choreography and part of a spin. caption:

"i'm getting excited to start competing. my sprained ankle is finally healed up and i'm headed to New York next week for Middle Atlantic Championships. it's not easy to come back from 6 weeks without jumping. but, i am thankful to be healthy and doing what i love"

poor girl can't seem to catch a break with injuries. hoping she stays healthy and has a good competition. anyone know who else is competing there?

andromache

Record Breaker

Senior: Ashley - who I think is basically retired lol. So I'll go with Gracie. (Honorable mentions to Bradie for her jumps and work ethic and Starr Andrews for having cool programs!)

Junior: Ting and Pooja - two very different skaters who are intriguing for different reasons

MarinHondas

Final Flight

My favorite is Karen. I think besides the jumps she has the best skating skills, spins, musicality(Of the US ladies). Her jumps are big too but of course, she does have lots of issues with them :( anyways, speaking of Karen... bad news. She withdrew from US classic.
https://twitter.com/sywtwfs/status/1035033918511046656?s=21

Hope if it’s the injury, she heals soon. I want to think it’s just that she needs more time to prepare after coming back from injury.... but we don’t know. :(

frida80

Record Breaker
My favorite is Karen. I think besides the jumps she has the best skating skills, spins, musicality(Of the US ladies). Her jumps are big too but of course, she does have lots of issues with them :( anyways, speaking of Karen... bad news. She withdrew from US classic.
https://twitter.com/sywtwfs/status/1035033918511046656?s=21

Hope if it’s the injury, she heals soon. I want to think it’s just that she needs more time to prepare after coming back from injury.... but we don’t know. :(

Oh god not again. Wearing a boot is never a good sign.