Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: 2018-2019 State of US Ladies' Skating

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    Beverly I think does indeed deserve a spot! You're right, I forgot about her. Sorry, Beverly!
    I don't think Emmy should be competing junior. And I think Ting should move up. But it means that she and Starr will have to battle it out for the SA spot. Actually, that's probably a good thing. Make them compete and earn it!
    Emmy cannot stay junior; she can’t compete with the juniors doing 3A, triple-triples and quads.
    OTOH...
    Emmy cannot compete senior because she doesn’t have a triple-triple.

0 Not allowed!
    No, she can be a senior internationally too, as she's in the same age category as Alina
    She can but I don't think that means she should. She's still an inconsistent competitor and she's not yet old enough that it'll be completely embarrassing to have her lose to Russian 13 year olds. As a senior she will be buried, especially if she continues to be inconsistent.

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I agree, just saying that she CAN...

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    Emmy cannot stay junior; she can’t compete with the juniors doing 3A, triple-triples and quads.
    OTOH...
    Emmy cannot compete senior because she doesn’t have a triple-triple.
    Emmy brings a lot to the table, IMO She may not have the technical goods, but she should continue to keep highlighting the strengths of her skating while she works on the other stuff. Her skating skills are really good and she has great performance ability.

I think she should move up senior and do what she can. I think she can continue to get Challenger events and continue to gain international experience.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Emmy brings a lot to the table, IMO She may not have the technical goods, but she should continue to keep highlighting the strengths of her skating while she works on the other stuff. Her skating skills are really good and she has great performance ability.

I think she should move up senior and do what she can. I think she can continue to get Challenger events and continue to gain international experience.
    I agree that this is what she should do. Senior GP events might not be realistic for her at this point, but she can continue to develop and hopefully begin trying out 3-3s in competition. Maybe she'll become a less nervy competitor with more experience, maybe not. I do think that she has outgrown the junior level. Other than the technical elements, she has the appearance of and skates like a senior lady. She just won't fit in on the junior level.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    No, she can be a senior internationally too, as she's in the same age category as Alina
    I know she CAN but she shouldn't imo.

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Mariah Bell was added to the cast of The Ice.
    http://fs-theice.com/cast/

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25