2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 59 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

netterina

Rinkside
Congrats to Kate Wang on her win in the North American Series novice event this weekend; I was really impressed by her! She landed a 3Lz-3T and 3F in her SP and went for (but fell on) a 3Lz-3Lo< in the FS. It's great to see novice skaters shooting for those tough combinations. Her SP is here, she's the first one to skate at ~6 min: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6s5unn

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Congrats to Kate Wang on her win in the North American Series novice event this weekend; I was really impressed by her! She landed a 3Lz-3T and 3F in her SP and went for (but fell on) a 3Lz-3Lo< in the FS. It's great to see novice skaters shooting for those tough combinations. Her SP is here, she's the first one to skate at ~6 min: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6s5unn

Very ambitious content for a novice and for a 12 year old!! She landed the lutz loop at glacier falls too. Excited to see her on the JGP next next season, she could do well!!

Willard

Rinkside
Kate Wang and Alysa Liu, storming JGP podiums everywhere?

Both have lots of potential. Both have triple triple jump combinations. Both have musicality and appear to be competitors who will fight. Both are also VERY TINY. They both need to work on their stroking power. Both of them will also grow. Great potential, needs to be harnessed well.
On a side note I understand Kate is a very well rounded person off the ice as well👍🏻

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golden Skaters,

Moving forward, it has been decided that ONLY U.S. ladies will be discussed and/or mentioned in this thread. Please refrain from bringing up skaters from other countries. Please report any posts that do not apply - DO NOT ENGAGE.

The same will also apply to other national-based threads.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Just an update to the above.

We will continue to allow folks to use other skater's names when used in a context of "stacking up" or a "mention" when needed. Please do not troll, bash, or randomly "inject" skaters' names when it is not related to the topic. Thanks!

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Heard from Lynn Rutherford on Twitter that Gracie Gold is doing well and loves training in Aston. She did an interview for SKATING magazine. Hope we get to see music info and jump layout, but also her mental and emotional state!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They didn't name everyone on the JGP to this program. Everyone they named is either a medalist from Junior Nationals or a JGP medalist, except Hanna. I'm not sure how Hannah got on the list, but she is the exception rather than Audrey being left off of it.

bennorii

On the Ice
They didn't name everyone on the JGP to this program. Everyone they named is either a medalist from Junior Nationals or a JGP medalist, except Hanna. I'm not sure how Hannah got on the list, but she is the exception rather than Audrey being left off of it.

At U.S. Nationals, they offer a pewter medal for the 4th place skater, which was Hanna.

Watch

Final Flight
Sorry if it was disussed here already, but are there going to be videos of the new programs or is it completely closed off to the public?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
At U.S. Nationals, they offer a pewter medal for the 4th place skater, which was Hanna.

OK, this is true. But they didn't name any other pewter medalists to this program so I still think she is the exception rather than the rule.

bennorii

On the Ice
OK, this is true. But they didn't name any other pewter medalists to this program so I still think she is the exception rather than the rule.

My belief is that they probably wanted to limit the number of attendees because it's the first year their piloting this program for the juniors and Champs Camp is also something of concern. Because the best junior men internationally from the U.S. are competing senior domestically, they probably didn't think of prioritizing inviting junior medalists (except Camden) from Nationals. On the other hand, with the exception of a few, the best junior ladies right now are coming up from junior domestically. I do think they've written off Kaitlyn Nguyen and possibly Emmy Ma (I believe she's gonna aim for senior internationally) too quickly, but I guess they thought their best option was to go with the junior podium at Nats. I think it's just a matter of age eligibility and who is competing at what level domestically. Again, this is what I just think is happening.

frida80

Record Breaker
Hannah was invited because she was one of the top scoring junior ladies this year. Second after Ting with a score of 184. Pooka is 3rd with 177. It's Alysa who's the extra. She can't compete on the JGP. But she's the major future star, so of course she'd be invited too.

macy

Record Breaker
Sorry if it was disussed here already, but are there going to be videos of the new programs or is it completely closed off to the public?

Not from Champs Camp. Unfortunately it's completely closed off from my understanding.