2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 71 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Only did doubles, according to TSL.

For what it's worth, she seems quite positive on social media, so hopefully that will translate into happy skating too.

But she did them in a program, right? If so, I think there’s a good chance she’ll be able to add back her triples by the time she competes in Russia.

frida80

Record Breaker
Hanna is wearing a boot :( in the second photo here (posted tonight):

(Wishing Hanna a speedy recovery. And BTW, Belated Happy Birthday to Audrey Lu. :hb:)

Yes, TZ had posted video of Ryan Jahnke and Ben Agosto teaching skating skills to a large group on World Arena Skating Academy's very first day:

Per the post from Spirals on Aug 29, Ting was assigned to Ostrava before the results from Austria were known.

I know that it is possible for USFS to change its mind, but :laugh15: FWIW :hopelessness:, my gut is that it will not.

I expect Ting to be there along with her training mates Camden and Yelim Kim.

(Shallow aside: I love Ting's costumes, esp. her SP costume. :luv17:)

If you're counting senior assignments for junior-eligible skaters (such as for Akari), then Maxine Bautista had Philadelphia International.

So she is injured. Sigh... thanks for confirming it.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Never ever been to a figure skating competition in my life. How much for just seeing the US ladies sp and fp? $200? $250 for good seats?

loopy1217

Rinkside
Never ever been to a figure skating competition in my life. How much for just seeing the US ladies sp and fp? $200? $250 for good seats?

I think it depend on the event. I went to Skate Canada last year to see Karen and Shoma, I was able to get a pretty good seat (5th row from the kiss and cry section) and able to see them up close in practice session for $160 in
Stubhub.

The other things to also keep in mind is travel cost (Regina is not cheap to fly to) and hotel cost.

Us champ is about 900-1200 last year? But it has autograph session so I guess it’s more worth it?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I think it depend on the event. I went to Skate Canada last year to see Karen and Shoma, I was able to get a pretty good seat (5th row from the kiss and cry section) and able to see them up close in practice session for $160 in
Stubhub.

The other things to also keep in mind is travel cost (Regina is not cheap to fly to) and hotel cost.

Us champ is about 900-1200 last year? But it has autograph session so I guess it’s more worth it?

Thanks. I don’t plan on going to the autograph session. And I live 30 minuets from Detroit so I’m just driving there.
I think I can only afford to see the ladies sp and lp; for “just ok” seats , about how much is that?
I’m asking because single session tickets aren’t on sale yet.

temadd

Final Flight

I bought all session tickets in the lower section, row 9, corner of the arena for 475 so my guess is that 2 events would be less than 200

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
But she did them in a program, right? If so, I think there’s a good chance she’ll be able to add back her triples by the time she competes in Russia.

Taking with a grain of salt because it’s The Skating Lesson, but they had specifically said that re: Champs Camp, Gracie “did doubles in her runthrough, left out the spins, fell on a spiral” (and then they discussed with Meagan Duhamel whether she would be ready at the grand prix, and Meagan said that she expects her to show up prepared to skate well). Also, they said that Karen (injury) and Bradie (they weren’t sure why and thought it was strange, since she did the summer comp recently) didn’t “do their jumps” (? Assuming meaning didn’t show their full content) in their run-throughs either. I don’t remember them saying anything about Mariah.

evasorange

Final Flight
Taking with a grain of salt because it’s The Skating Lesson, but they had specifically said that re: Champs Camp, Gracie “did doubles in her runthrough, left out the spins, fell on a spiral” (and then they discussed with Meagan Duhamel whether she would be ready at the grand prix, and Meagan said that she expects her to show up prepared to skate well). Also, they said that Karen (injury) and Bradie (they weren’t sure why and thought it was strange, since she did the summer comp recently) didn’t “do their jumps” (? Assuming meaning didn’t show their full content) in their run-throughs either. I don’t remember them saying anything about Mariah.

Everybody seems to be sleeping on Mariah this summer. I've barely heard a word about her even tho she's been active in summer shows and stuff. I'm hoping she can rise to the top of Us Ladies this season, for me she has ten times the charisma and performing abilities of Bradie and she doesn't seem to have quite the ur struggles as Karen. Come through Mariah!!

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Mariah is good, her problem is that she rarely skates clean. I hope she can put together two programs more this season. If she does that she could medal most places she competes.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Thanks!

I think Dave’s info is generally pretty accurate, so I’d tend to believe it. And it fits with something else I heard - that Gracie was reportedly doing triples before Champs Camp, but not yet in her program. Keeping my fingers crossed for her!

rnois13

On the Ice
Tsl doesn't care about Mariah, but according from her last interview she's been working harder than last year. She also said that she understands Raf's language and is ready to apply it. So we could expect positive improvements from her.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker

That's puzzling none of the top ladies showed anything substantial. I have to think something might be wrong with the ice so that they don't want to take the risk of jumping triples??

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
That's puzzling none of the top ladies showed anything substantial. I have to think something might be wrong with the ice so that they don't want to take the risk of jumping triples??

I doubt that it had anything to do with the ice quality. Gracie and Karen make sense, Bradie is a bit puzzling. Perhaps she wanted to primarily get feedback on her program and show that she is working on components (or maybe she has a minor injury that she does not want to aggravate).

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
TSL also said the pairs (other than Nate and Deanna) also left out jumps... USFS has done crazier things than told them not to do triples i guess.