2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

randomfan

Record Breaker
Ostrava.
Contenders: Kostornaya, Vasilieva, Araki, Yoshioka, Cui

Hmm...she certainly does have a good shot at the podium again. There’s no question about who’ll be winning gold, that’s for sure. We haven’t seen Vasilieva yet though, as well as Araki this season, so those two are the big question marks. A silver for Yelim should be enough, and a bronze may still put her in the running, but would likely make her an alternate.

To have a JGP one week, only to have a challenger the week after, and then another JGP in just two weeks...she must be exhausted.

leoleo

Medalist
I'm worried about both Yelim & Nana. Yelim has had 2 competitions back to back and she's already competing soon. And Nana was/is sick, i don't know how she'll perform. I don't know Vasilieva so i don't have anything to say about her chances to get silver. I'm hoping either Yelim or Nana competes well enough for a place on the podium anyway :agree:

About Eunsoo's FS, i think the concept of a flirty girl fits her so well but i found that there was not much choreography between her jumps. I hope it's just because it's early and she hasn't skated to it clean but i'd really like to see her add transitions or make the program more elaborate. Just comparing her Chicago to Mariah's, hers looks quite empty. She has been getting more than decent scores so far, i'm sure her scores would get higher if she worked on that part. I'm saying this because i love her and i'd love to see her do well. She has great potential.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Exactly, I think about three of the first jumping passes has like 0 transitions, she just skates around and the jumps don’t even match the music as well as it could/should. It makes no sense. I kind of cannot believe Akiko choreographed that program that way... I think this program needs changes, there’s still time!
First change: get rid of the “heart”!!!! [emoji23]
And I too am saying this because I really like Eunsoo’s skating, I thinks she is soooo good!!! She just needs the right program! Her SP last season was one of my favorites, her SP this season is my favorite SP so far... She has the talent, she’s like a diamond still a bit rough. She can do better than a badly choreographed Chicago...

bennorii

On the Ice
Don't know if this information has been said on GS yet, but Yura Min has teamed up with Daniel Eaton (USA). I assume that representing the USA would be easier than it is to represent KOR because Yura is already an American citizen while Daniel isn't.

believed

On the Ice
In his IG announcement, he left this comment:

danielpeaton
@sofigureout we are still trying to figure all of this out, but I am beyond excited to skate for the South Korean Federation. Hope to see you soon.

hyperbunny

Rinkside
Don't know if this information has been said on GS yet, but Yura Min has teamed up with Daniel Eaton (USA). I assume that representing the USA would be easier than it is to represent KOR because Yura is already an American citizen while Daniel isn't.

Oh, please. Let's cross our fingers that this lasts 3 seasons, her personal record for longest partnership.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I thought Dabin would retire because she can end her career with a high not at the Olympics. But after seeing Young You this season, I think she can still go to Worlds if Korean gets 3 spots with Yelim Kim and Eunsoo Lim ahead of her.
What's the status of So youn Park?

s_parks

Record Breaker
I thought Dabin would retire because she can end her career with a high not at the Olympics. But after seeing Young You this season, I think she can still go to Worlds if Korean gets 3 spots with Yelim Kim and Eunsoo Lim ahead of her.

I believe Young isn't even age-eligible for seniors yet anyways.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Any info about SoYoun Park? She is the best performer in korean ladies, with hard times with injuries and inconsistency.. but she still is a geourgous skater!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

Young isn't senior eligible this year, she's still 14. And while Yelim has competed in the US Classic as a senior, she is still in juniors this season (with Young finishing off-podium on her second event, Yelim is the only Korean lady who could possibly go to JGPF). As for Dabin, she has two GP spots, and while I don't believe she'll be able to go to finals unless a major upset happens, she is so far the top Korean senior lady. She and Eunsoo will have a tough competition for that 1 ticket for Worlds (which I am very sad about, although darling squritle may weigh a little bit heavier on my scale, I love them both :sad4:).

Soyoun is still competing, but so far she's not doing any Challengers. We'll probably have to wait until Nationals to see her...

Don't KOR just have one spot at worlds this year? It will probably go to Eunsoo, and then she might be able to get two spots for next season unless she breaks the top two.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Don't KOR just have one spot at worlds this year? It will probably go to Eunsoo, and then she might be able to get two spots for next season unless she breaks the top two.
i hope Eunso can be more consistent so she can crack top 10 Worlds. She's actually not that inconsistent because even with mistakes she scored around 120s but total score of 180s is not enough to secure top 10. she need 190s like Dabin did. Can't wait for GP to start

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If Yelim has the highest ranking points after nationals maybe fed can give her the worlds spot, since she's eligible for senior competitions anyway.