2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

s_parks

Record Breaker
Soyoun coming back made me so happy back at Nats, it's never a bad thing to have experienced seniors in the national team not to mention the beautiful quality of her skating. All my congratulations, Soyoun :luv17:

I was too depressed to comment yesterday (I had hoped for the girls to skate like they did at Nats and possibly get three spots for next year) but here's hoping for clean free skates for both Haein and Young :pray: Really, I don't know why them boots hate our skaters so, just look at the list: Dabin (lost a whole season due to boots issues), Yelim (had boots-related problems at Nats), Younghyun (boots snapped during his FS at Nats), Junhwan (his boots NEVER fit), and now Young :dbana:

It's a curse which can only be lifted by kicking out the all the current KSU heads.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's a curse which can only be lifted by kicking out the all the current KSU heads.

Can't we do a ritual ceremony (how do you translate 굿) with the KSU officials' heads instead of the pig's head (jk... maybe ;))

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
A glass half full person would say: Haein and Young both rocked their free skates and safely got two spots, but I am a glass half empty person and is still frustrated that the total was 14... (deep sigh) But awesome jobs ladies, I am very, very proud of you two

skatespin

On the Ice
It's not the Edeas. If it was, this would be a wider spread problem since everyone and their dog, including me, wears Edeas. Boots break sometimes. It's the cost of doing business and it can happen with any brand (remember Mirai's Jackson boot tearing at Nationals during her short program in 2016?)

I can personally testify that Edeas have some issues (perhaps not everyone has these issues though). I've been struggling with them for quite a while due to defects in the boots (ask skate techs if Edeas have a lot of defects and see what they say).... I'm trying to switch brands now but nothing really fits my feet which means that I need customs. Depending on your feet it can be really tough to get the right boots and you may find yourself constantly going back to your old worn out boots while waiting to get the next pair of new boots that will probably end up not working out.

What I've learned from skate techs is that our bodies will correct for a certain amount of imperfection (defect), but some Edeas are so bad that it is too much to compensate for and it can really come down to the degree of imperfection, boot size, boot model, and foot type for what situation you will be dealt. Some are luckier than others, but it does not surprise me to see the problems and injuries that skaters are experiencing.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Lim and Bell

The original thread on this subject in the Edge was closed until further "official" reports are released. Everything now is coming from Lim's management company. Please refrain from discussing until official reports are released by either the skating federation, ISU, or official statements from the skaters.

Should any official information be released, we will open the thread for discussion.

This is in keeping with the Guidelines regarding speculation, gossip, rumors, etc.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Eunsoo kicked some serious derriere today! I would be over the moon with a bronze medal but I'll be happy with a top 5 finish or a clean free skate.

I hope this isn't breaching the above warning, but when did the collision allegedly happen? Before or after the short? If before, it's impressive she (and Mariah) could muster up some pretty good performances!

Country
Norway
Eunsoo kicked some serious derriere today! I would be over the moon with a bronze medal but I'll be happy with a top 5 finish or a clean free skate.

I hope this isn't breaching the above warning, but when did the collision allegedly happen? Before or after the short? If before, it's impressive she (and Mariah) could muster up some pretty good performances!

It was before. The last groups in the SP was also competing late in the evening, so there hasn´t been any training afterwards, except maybe they just have started now because it´s morning now. You could also see that Eunsoo had a kind of bandage under the pantyhose in the SP. She was injuried, but you couldn´t really notice it because she was doing great :)

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I can already tell this is gonna break my heart :( Is Raf even going to be able to coach Eunsoo and Mariah - in the same flight - like this?

century2009

On the Ice
I can already tell this is gonna break my heart :( Is Raf even going to be able to coach Eunsoo and Mariah - in the same flight - like this?

I think Eunsoo will be fired/let go after this year. I think she will need to find another coach.

So far from what I have seen, Raf was a good coach to her and she has improved. But now her management screwed it up.

halulupu

Final Flight
OMG there will be an official ISU investigation on this.

However, eunsoo did absolutly great, best 3lz-3t since yuna kim. bit underscored IMO

skaterr

On the Ice
I think Eunsoo will be fired/let go after this year. I think she will need to find another coach.

So far from what I have seen, Raf was a good coach to her and she has improved. But now her management screwed it up.

Her agency didn't do anything wrong. They did the right thing to protect their skater.

skaterr

On the Ice
except blaming other people to be bully for months and racist with no evidence at all

The rink allegedly knows about Mariah's behavior and has separate their lockers, practice times, etc.

this sentence means nothing to you?

Mamamiia

Medalist
The rink allegedly knows about Mariah's behavior and has separate their lockers, practice times, etc.

this sentence means nothing to you?

Unless the rink management can provide complain records, this only shows they don't get along well if it's true but implies nothing about bully.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
UPDATE:

While the GS Forums allows discussion on official news and statements, we do not tolerate speculation, rumors, gossip, stereotyping, etc. We tried to allow discussion in the thread below, however, too many comments needed to be moderated due to the above which goes against the GS Forum Guidelines and our request to stick to the facts.

Until further notice, please refrain from discussing the incident regarding Lim and Bell.

Thanks for understanding.

ISU Statement regarding Bell and Lim

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Meanwhile...

I wish Eunsoo my very best in the LP!!!
She wasn't on my radar at all until this season and she won me over during the GP. Despite all the drama I think she'll do just fine by letting her fantastic skating do all the talking xD