2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

leoleo

Medalist
so you young finally attempted the 3A in competition and landed it; although underrotated but she tends to have UR issues a lot! i hope Tom will work on that cause looking at her protocols there are so many < calls, her scores really won't go higher like this! she cannot get away with URs like some others do, it is crucial that she works on it

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The first thing Young and Tom Z should work on is her underrotation issues, not her 3A (which was also underrotated here...). The new GOE favors quality over difficulty (mostly), a no-3A fully rotated layout will be much, much better than a 3A layout with >s.

About the protocols, she definitely fell on her 3S, which jump was her second fall? I don't think it was the 3Lz+2T+2Lo, did she land her 3A and then fall?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but my sleep-deprived, sore-throated touchy self got annoyed at the fact that almost every Korean skater got their name butchered and got recording. Will delete if needed :slink:

Ladies: https://clyp.it/ygzmzl1x?token=e2458b16877b7f1590b92978a508a19b
Park Soyoun, Choi Dabin, Kim Haneul, Lim Eunsoo, Kim Yelim, You Young, Lee Haein, Wi Seoyoung, To Jihun, Jeon Gyohee, Yu Seungbeen, Jeon Subeen, Kim Minseung

Men: https://clyp.it/c1z1khc0?token=9b960acda952d33e6ef579af1998ee94
Lee Junehyong, Kim Jinseo, Cha Junhwan, Cha Younghyun, Lee Sihyeong, Park Sunghoon, An Geonhyung, Kyeong Jaeseok, Byeon Sejong

frida80

Record Breaker
The first thing Young and Tom Z should work on is her underrotation issues, not her 3A (which was also underrotated here...). The new GOE favors quality over difficulty (mostly), a no-3A fully rotated layout will be much, much better than a 3A layout with >s.

About the protocols, she definitely fell on her 3S, which jump was her second fall? I don't think it was the 3Lz+2T+2Lo, did she land her 3A and then fall?

Young You has only had four underrotations. It’s definately not as bad as I’ve seen from some people. I’ll exclude the 3A<, because she still needs to get the snap. What Tom needs to focus on is her 3Lz+3T and conditioning. Her 3Lz was rotated the first time, but under the second because she needs to build up her stamina. Same with that fall on her 3S.

vitamintea

On the Ice
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but my sleep-deprived, sore-throated touchy self got annoyed at the fact that almost every Korean skater got their name butchered and got recording. Will delete if needed :slink:

Ladies: https://clyp.it/v5stqthl?token=4219fbe0d7af9d605076c0fb327ac473
Park Soyoun, Choi Dabin, Kim Haneul, Lim Eunsoo, Kim Yelim, You Young, Lee Haein, Wi Seoyoung, To Jihun, Jeon Gyohee, Yu Seungbeen, Jeon Subeen, Kim Minseung

Lee Junehyong, Kim Jinseo, Cha Junhwan, Cha Younghyun, Lee Sihyeong, Park Sunghoon, An Geonhyung, Kyeong Jaeseok, Byeon Sejong

You should email this to Ted so he can correct these for the JGP!

frida80

Record Breaker

Ladies: https://clyp.it/v5stqthl?token=4219fbe0d7af9d605076c0fb327ac473

Your voice is lovely.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Really? It sounded professional to me. It made me think Duolingo should hire you. Very pleasant sounding.

I have a slight accent so they wouldn't, but thank you. I'm so flattered I have no idea what I should say.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Someone emailed him a clip of how to pronounce the Russian name Alena (Alyona) and he went from saying it completely wrong to mostly right. So that's a good idea. He's willing to learn.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

Only three more names are to be said in the JGP (four if you count Haein for her FS), if I email Ted I should do a new recording.

I wish there was a way to contact the announcers for the Challengers, at Finlandia Junhwan got his name pronounced as 'yoon-hoo-an' and I was like Nooo... :dbana:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Only three more names are to be said in the JGP (four if you count Haein for her FS), if I email Ted I should do a new recording.

I wish there was a way to contact the announcers for the Challengers, at Finlandia Junhwan got his name pronounced as 'yoon-hoo-an' and I was like Nooo... :dbana:

From what I've heard, the other skaters at Cricket (Bruce and Conrad at least) call him something like June (pronounced Joon like the month). So I guess his friends are getting it wrong too. Well, Conrad doesn't saying Evgenia's name right at all either, so I'm not surprised. Apparently they don't correct them.

leoleo

Medalist
With bot Tarusina & Tarakanova scoring lower than Yelim she's certainly going to the JGF :love:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Haein got bronze!!!!!! So proud of her :luv17:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Junhwan got a silver at Finlandia, but he managed to break my heart not once, not twice, but three times. I hope this was all the falls he was supposed to suffer from this season, and now his GP skates can't have any...