2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
:console:

Helsinki and NHK have open spots left too. Lots of opportunity for her if North America doesnt come thru

I’m thinking Helsinki :)

If she gets NHK she'll have back-to-back GPs, and I already have another darling of mine who does back-to-back... SA is ideal and SC makes sense in her getting Dabin's spot. That darling squirtle did two challengers because she wanted that second spot, less than a week left until SA and radio silence aaaaaarrrrrrrrgh :ddevil:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's pretty normal that it takes a couple of days to get updates on spots. Sometimes it takes longer. Often it's not announced right away even when the skaters have confirmed.

leoleo

Medalist
You Young's 4LZ! idk where it is from, it was posted by some korean account on my feed https://twitter.com/moonlitterrace/status/1052192046079823872
that is unexpected... I just find it funny how all these junior ladies are going for the most difficult quad like why the 4LZ especially?!
I was hoping they'd focus on working on her URs issue and consistency, i hope they will tackle that problem. It's really the most important for her!

edit: it's from Tom's IG account, i did not see that! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo_swdsF50A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He captioned it "Progress on developing 4Lz for @young_you_0527 with a clear back outside edge."

serephy

On the Ice
You Young's 4LZ! idk where it is from, it was posted by some korean account on my feed https://twitter.com/moonlitterrace/status/1052192046079823872
that is unexpected... I just find it funny how all these junior ladies are going for the most difficult quad like why the 4LZ especially?!
I was hoping they'd focus on working on her URs issue and consistency, i hope they will tackle that problem. It's really the most important for her!

edit: it's from Tom's IG account, i did not see that! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo_swdsF50A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He captioned it "Progress on developing 4Lz for @young_you_0527 with a clear back outside edge."

:eek:

Looks pretty good! She has nice height, maybe a bit ur but hopefully they'll be able to clean that up!

leoleo

Medalist
Well he did say "Progress on developing" so it's not like it's there yet! (At least it's an outside edge tho :)) i don't see her going for it in competition soon anyway! she has other issues that matter more right now. Maybe Tom just wanted to join the recent 4lz wave by posting it on IG :laugh: And we haven't even seen a clean 3A yet.

Kara

Final Flight
Gah Tom fix her combos first!!!! Jumping from fad to fad isn’t gonna help when she still has problems with that.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Gah Tom fix her combos first!!!! Jumping from fad to fad isn’t gonna help when she still has problems with that.

I try not to think about her jumping the 4Lz too deeply. Young has always been the daredevil out of the trio.
Doing harder jumps definitely helped her triple jumps though. Her salchow and axel looks much better when you compare them from 2017 when she relied so much on rotation and her Lipinski-axel technique

kimi492

Final Flight
It’s a work in progress obviously - I love all the usual suspects run in and slam Young per usual - the shade in Toms post tho LOL

Also Eunsoo wasn’t Dabin’s replacement - WTH!!!
They must consider her a threat to leave her out like this. I’m really praying she gets skate America - can’t Raf do something - I would think a coach such as him could politic a little for her

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It’s a work in progress obviously - I love all the usual suspects run in and slam Young per usual - the shade in Toms post tho LOL

Also Eunsoo wasn’t Dabin’s replacement - WTH!!!
They must consider her a threat to leave her out like this. I’m really praying she gets skate America - can’t Raf do something - I would think a coach such as him could politic a little for her

It's not slamming her to point out that it doesn't make sense for a skater who struggles with URs to suddenly try quads. It's the same argument people had about Mirai trying the 3A (though she is not Korean, the comparison is applicable imo)

kimi492

Final Flight
Huh? When was that?
2010-2011 Yuna was assigned but declined to go and then had her year off. When she came back in 2012-2013 season she wasn’t invited to any GP’s. Imagine an Olympic champion coming back and not being invited to GP’s it’s freaking laughable. This is why this whole GP circuit is a bunch of nonsense.

kimi492

Final Flight
It's not slamming her to point out that it doesn't make sense for a skater who struggles with URs to suddenly try quads. It's the same argument people had about Mirai trying the 3A (though she is not Korean, the comparison is applicable imo)

I wasn’t even referencing you in particular but someone else who loves to degrade Young in particular to the point it’s quite mean-spirited and terrible. I don’t know how I feel about any of the young girls doing quads but if everybody else is trying Young might as well.

This comment is everything:

lynjean8712The caption literally says developing ie working on and here y’all mini technical experts go in the comments. ���� But when it’s other girls y’all shockingly silent. Yea okay. Congrats Tom can’t wait to see how it develops

kimi492

Final Flight

lynjean8712The caption literally says developing ie working on and here y’all mini technical experts go in the comments. ���� But when it’s other girls y’all shockingly silent. Yea okay. Congrats Tom can’t wait to see how it develops

The same technical experts that say that we shouldn’t care about flutzing? It’s quite laughable.

Nah it's just funny that TSL thought that was "at least +3".

Nah it's just funny that TSL thought that was "at least +3".

since when we take TSL serious? they should stick to gossip

Yuzuru 3A got better while training the quad, could happen the same to her, who knows. UR...seems to be a problem nowdays :palmf: