2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

frida80

Record Breaker
It so irritating that they need to have all these qualifying rounds during the fall season. The schedule is already hectic!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yeap.... But you know, KSU never concered about their skaters. They even hate Queen Yuna.:slink:

Yeah, if you think about it they're half the reason why she even picked up those damning injuries. Thanks, KSU, I'm sure the skaters all need a gazillion mandatory domestic competitions to push their bodies more than they already are.
But what can we expect, when they can't even manage short track, a sport korea is historically good at, properly. (Viktor An fiasco, the bullying/abuse, etc)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Lim Eun-soo becomes 1st S. Korean female since Kim Yuna to win Grand Prix medal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlXUcHHSvek

I hadn't realized that... :eeking:
The next headline

The Other Next Yu-na Kim: Kim Ye-lim wows the crowd in Vancouver. Is she the next heir to the Korean skating throne? Find out in January as she battles the other skaters we also called the next Yuna Kim because we don't give a crap about figure skating really.

s_parks

Record Breaker
The next headline

The Other Next Yu-na Kim: Kim Ye-lim wows the crowd in Vancouver. Is she the next heir to the Korean skating throne? Find out in January as she battles the other skaters we also called the next Yuna Kim because we don't give a crap about figure skating really.

lol korea's real feelings about figure skating in a nutshell

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The next headline

You've just done the Korean press's work for them.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Bumping the thread to say: Congrats to Junhwan for being the first skater since Yuna to go the GPF! And moreover, first male Korean skater to do so!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
A pity the KSU is so incompetent/corrupt bc I'd love to see a JGP/GP/GPF sometime in Korea... exposure, man, exposureeeeeee!! Plus our darlings deserve to get hometown cheers too ;) Let them host Worlds too once in a while!

woshisunnya

Rinkside
Sorry if it was already been asked, does anyone know when is Korean National Championship? Any website that I can check schedule and buy ticket from oversea?
I am planning to go if time is workable for me, thank you in advance~

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Sorry if it was already been asked, does anyone know when is Korean National Championship? Any website that I can check schedule and buy ticket from oversea?
I am planning to go if time is workable for me, thank you in advance~

2019.01.11 - 13, no specific schedules out yet (won't come out until January). And here's the KSU's website, it's all in Korean but I can translate if you want. http://www.skating.or.kr/game/notice_list.do?sub_code=3&m_lnb=4&s_lnb=0

woshisunnya

Rinkside

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I had no idea Young was doing Talinn Trophy, best of luck to her :pray:

frida80

Record Breaker
I had no idea Young was doing Talinn Trophy, best of luck to her :pray:

It would be nice if Kfed had a page listing all those that had international assignments, like other countries. Then again, I like having her under the radar.

Tom and Tammy have four other skates competing at Tallinn. It seems like a good chance for her to tag along and get some practice for that 3A in competition. Hopefully, we’ll have video. :pray: Some angelic fan got the video from SoCal Interclub Championship. It would be nice to see if she’s feeling more confident in both her programs.

leoleo

Medalist
I can't find You on the list of competitors at Tallin anymore, did she withdraw? :( i was excited to see her again, hopefully with some improvements!

edit: forget it lmao i was checking the senior ladies like the idiot i am :laugh2:
Hopefully we'll see a 3A attempt there :) (no 4lutz please, please Tom, let's not :pray:)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'll be in Korea until December 30, once again missing domestic competitions by a week :drama:

You could go to the ranking competition? That's from Dec. 21-23. All the top skaters will be there since it's required for 4cc and national team selection.

Kara

Final Flight
So to sum up this year's grand prix:

2 JGP silvers (Yelim x2)
2 JGP bronze (YY, Haein)
3 GP bronze (Junhwan x2, Eunsoo)

The best overall results ever. Seoyoung really surprised me too. Beautiful layback. I'm so proud of all of them! Yelim and Junhwan both in the final is just so historic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3h3cV6RGQ
As for domestic competitions, my fave Jihyun continues to amaze me. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her coach were modeling their programs after Eteri's Russian ladies because the transitions into her 2Lz are a copy of Alena's into her 3F-3T. It's amazing to see her progress because I feel like it was only half a year ago she had no triples and an unstable 2A.:eeking: She grew a lot too so it looks like she doesn't know what to do with her longer limbs, but I still liked the step sequence and its frantic nature.:laugh: She and Hee-won are gonna bring it, I can feel it.:cool:

s_parks

Record Breaker
So to sum up this year's grand prix:

2 JGP silvers (Yelim x2)
2 JGP bronze (YY, Haein)
3 GP bronze (Junhwan x2, Eunsoo)

The best overall results ever. I'm so proud of all of them! Yelim and Junhwan both in the final is just so historic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3h3cV6RGQ
As for domestic competitions, my fave Jihyun continues to amaze me. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her coach were modeling their programs after Eteri's Russian ladies because the transitions into her 2Lz are a copy of Alena's into her 3F-3T. It's amazing to see her progress because I feel like it was only half a year ago she had no triples and an unstable 2A.:eeking: She grew a lot too so it looks like she doesn't know what to do with her longer limbs, but I still liked the step sequence and its frantic nature.:laugh:

Her SS have quite some potential for a 4th grader. I like looking for young talents at random domestic events too, lol. I've recently discovered this youngster- hard to tell if he's a special talent yet, but with the much shallower talent pool in korean men's fs, he had noticeably better flow across the ice than the other guys around his age. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9IZZOvqsIo
I hope we can see more depth in men's soon! It'd be exciting to see another exciting korean talent in the junior circuit after junhwan.