2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

Krunchii

Record Breaker
You Young is a year younger than Yelim, Yelim struggled last year but came back strong this year and she's never even been to JW. I'm a little worried at You Young's condition but she also has a lot more pressure on her, if she can take what she learns this season and rise up the next, then I will be happy.

Hollymolly

Medalist
Now in this week, Gyeonggi-do Qualifying game for winter figureskating comepetition( i don’t know exactly what it translated in English lol) . In the starting order, Younkung Kam in it! I’ m so happy to see her again in competitor in game, and see her stunning spin again! Good luck to Younkung!

Hear is one of my favorite vid from Younkung.
https://youtu.be/sHJSBoSrn54

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Now in this week, Gyeonggi-do Qualifying game for winter figureskating comepetition( i don’t know exactly what it translated in English lol) . In the starting order, Younkung Kam in it! I’ m so happy to see her again in competitor in game, and see her stunning spin again! Good luck to Younkung!

Good to see she's still competing, when she didn't compete in Nationals last year I thought she might've quit. Hope her injuries are fully healed!

Wikipedia says the English translation for 전국체전 is Korean National Sports Festival, so the full translation would be something like Gyeonggido Qualifiers for the National Winter Sports Festival.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

THE NEWS i have been waiting for!!! :yahoo::hap57:hope she is all healed and ready to show us what she is capable of :luv17::love:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yunkyung withdrew after the sp :( She did quite good there too, I'm worried her injury worsened.

seabm7

Final Flight
Yunkyung withdrew after the sp :( She did quite good there too, I'm worried her injury worsened.

Organization of the event was pretty bad. The last skater finished nearly midnight, which was a 4 hour delay from the original schedule. This is pretty bad even by the Korean standard.

No wonder Yunkyung withdrew. She has to be careful after an injury.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Organization of the event was pretty bad. The last skater finished nearly midnight, which was a 4 hour delay from the original schedule. This is pretty bad even by the Korean standard.

No wonder Yunkyung withdrew. She has to be careful after an injury.

4 hour delay?? :rolleye: Why should I be surprised...

Kara

Final Flight
HUUGE congrats to Junhwan and Yelim for the final. Yelim has all those pictures with everyone else so I'm really happy she got to go. She definitely looked visibly nervous, but as her first major international competition, I'm quite proud of her for how far she's come.:)

I was so happy about Yunkyung coming back, but KSU...At least it shows that she's still skating! I was seriously worried she had quit.:( YY also looking really thin..My other novice fave Hee-won did really well and even has a 3Lz now!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciHCPH6oY-s

clippers8200

On the Ice
Does anyone know if tickets are needed to watch the ranking competition? Or can someone just show up to Mokdong and watch?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Does anyone know if tickets are needed to watch the ranking competition? Or can someone just show up to Mokdong and watch?

Hailey just started a thread on the ranking comp, it said practices are free. You'll need tickets for the actual competition though.

seabm7

Final Flight

The ticket will either free or at a low price. Also the venue will not be fully occupied. You can just arrive any time to watch the competition.