2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

clippers8200

On the Ice
It's a pet peeve of mine that they leave the painted marks on the ice at Mokdong during figure skating competitions -- hoping they put a clean surface on for this gala :yay:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With South Korea now having the chance to host a GP with China pulling out, I wonder how the host picks will work out.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
If they do confirm that they can host, they should get host picks since they're the ones spending money and doing the logistics to host. They will not be able to fill up pairs and ice dance but it should be an excellent opportunity for their singles skaters because many of them are not guaranteed a GP spot. I really want them to host it.

Izabela

On the Ice
The privilege of a maximum of three skaters in each discipline is given to the organizing member, as per ISU's wordings, so if Korea is hosting the GP (even if it's in lieu of COC) and thus is the organizing member, KSU should be getting that privilege. This would be great for all their skaters, and why I hope they accept this offer. While Dabin and Cha are likely to get 2 spots, that's more difficult to say to the rest of Team Korea. With Eunsoo having her senior debut, it would be great for her to have a guaranteed 1 spot, and more likely for her to have a 2nd one. It would also be great for the entire team Korea to finally have a home advantage. Hopefully KSU doesn't disappoint.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, I just meant who we think they'll give host spots to among the singles skaters.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Yeah, I just meant who we think they'll give host spots to among the singles skaters.

Im guessing

Men: Cha - Lee - Kim (if not retired then Lee S.)
Ladies: Very difficult, I guess 3 from this 5 (Choi, Lim, Kim Y. , Park and Kim H.)
Pairs: Kim & Kam
Dance : Min & Gamelin

breadstal

Record Breaker
Grand Prix assignments are out!!! That's a shame that Korea won't hold their GP bc there were chances for more spots but well :drama:

Ladies:
Dabin Choi with 2 spots, Skate Canada and NHK Trophy
Eunsoo Lim (yey!) with 1 spot, Rostelecom Cup

Men:
Junehyoung Lee with 1 spot, NHK Trophy
Junhwan Cha with 1 spot, Skate Canada

breadstal

Record Breaker
Not gonna lie, I wanted Eunsoo to get 2 spots somehow...
Dabin is lovely but... that’s it.

I'm happy she got one bc I was worried she won't but obviously 2 spots would be amazing, I'm sure it will be great experience for her though <3 Dabin has ranking, highest scores and results in last season for 2 spots, she earned them! I love Eunsoo and hope she will have great season (Worlds is goal, hopefully it will happen :love:)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm happy she got one bc I was worried she won't but obviously 2 spots would be amazing, I'm sure it will be great experience for her though <3 Dabin has ranking, highest scores and results in last season for 2 spots, she earned them! I love Eunsoo and hope she will have great season (Worlds is goal, hopefully it will happen :love:)

Yessss! I want her at Worlds!
Of course Dabin deserves it and I’m expecting her to do well. She was really geeat at the Olympics!
By the way, when will You Young be able to become senior?? I want to see her in the senior circuit so bad! To me her and Eunsoo are the best crop of ladies from South Korea. They have a lot of personality, Eunsoo is like “diva” style and Young is so charismatic and fun! They actually make me excited to see how the next generation of Korean female skaters will be.

If Eunsoo makes worlds (which she probably will -- hasn't she beaten Dabin at Nats?), I'd say she's set for the rest of the quad. Same for Jun. Just hope they get into a good WS.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If Eunsoo makes worlds (which she probably will -- hasn't she beaten Dabin at Nats?), I'd say she's set for the rest of the quad. Same for Jun. Just hope they get into a good WS.

Last year You Young won. Then it was:

2 Choi Da-bin 190.12
3 Lim Eun-soo 185.88

In 2017, Eunsoo won and Dabin came 4th. The difference was just over 10 points. In 2016, You won, and Dabin beat Eunsoo by a couple of points.

So we'll see.

Kara

Final Flight
To be fair to Eunsoo, she had a fracture in one of her toes in her foot and didn't have a great FS.

I just hope KSU has some sense and chooses the Worlds representative off of the whole season instead of just nationals though I understand nationals is important. I'm still a bit shocked how they sent Jinseo to Worlds over Junehyeong when Junehyeong had done so well over the whole season. Just one bad day at Nationals and he was unable to go to both worlds and the Olympics. I'm really glad he got a GP spot.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So Yelim stays in juniors i guess.

Not unexpected IMO, she sadly hasn't even been to JWC (partly due to injury :( ) and it makes sense for her to stay in juniors. She's pretty underrated to me, and I hope she manages to stay healthy and deliver some strong skates internationally this season :love:

I'm really bummed for how badly SK got away with the GP assignments. Jun & Eunsoo only having one spot, and worst of all - Hanul has zero. She was amazing at WC, and she deserves better :(