2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

s_parks

Record Breaker
Not unexpected IMO, she sadly hasn't even been to JWC (partly due to injury :( ) and it makes sense for her to stay in juniors. She's pretty underrated to me, and I hope she manages to stay healthy and deliver some strong skates internationally this season :love:

I'm really bummed for how badly SK got away with the GP assignments. Jun & Eunsoo only having one spot, and worst of all - Hanul has zero. She was amazing at WC, and she deserves better :(

Yelim worked with wilson on choreo this season(for one or both programs, idk), I believe, so I'm looking forward to that at least. And just hoping for no injuries, as it looked like she had one at the time of nats just this past season as well.

Junhwan and Eunsoo only getting one spot isn't really surprising, but I think jun hwan will pick up a second later. Its too bad about haneul though.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Its too bad about haneul though.

She may get one herself. She's at the top of the replacement list, and drop outs are notoriously common during a post-Olympic season.

Min & Gamelin are at the top of the replacement list as well. Replacement spots are a lot harder to get in ice dance as there tend to be fewer injuries. Plus France tends to select European teams. Russia tends to select Eastern European teams. Canada tends to select teams with Canadian connections. And SA already has M&G. But NHK tends to select the top team. This season M&G are that team. So it is possible a second spot could happen.

skatenewbie

Medalist
So who is our leading lady in JGP? You Young vs Yelim? How many spot does Korean ladies get in JGP? Also i wondering will You Young attempt 3A in her FS? I think her 3A is quite good as in not URed badly (only sometimes)

Hollymolly

Medalist
So who is our leading lady in JGP? You Young vs Yelim? How many spot does Korean ladies get in JGP? Also i wondering will You Young attempt 3A in her FS? I think her 3A is quite good as in not URed badly (only sometimes)

14 spots! (thanks to Eunsoo)
Rank 1~5 - 2 spots
Rank 6~9 - 1 spot

And i’m not sure Young really tries 3A at FS, but she mentioned she will include in program. So if it work out well, she will try.

Mdk0144

On the Ice

The leading lady is definitely Young, and I think she might attempt a 3a for once in the free. Korean ladies have 14 tickets, but we never know that it will be used properly because the dumb fed never wants some annoying situations and will throw away tickets whenever someone withdraws. Like Yoonkyoung last year.

Kara

Final Flight
Speaking Yunkyung, I hope she's back to form and healthy!! I miss her so much and I want to see her on the world stage!:luv17:

Sad to hear about Kim/Kam but I agree that it wasn't unexpected. I wish them the best in their next endeavor. Kyueun's friendship with Tae-ok was one of the highlights of PC for me and Alex was legendary too.:laugh:

Mdk0144

On the Ice
South Korea is a very tough place for team sports in figure skating (not saying that it’s great for singles, but we can’t even compare that from dances and pairs.)
The Kim’s father left a long post when they split. They had no area to get pairs-training, and there were no coaches either. There are some choices to get abroad, but not everyone have enough finance to train abroad for at least a year.
So the Kims had to train by their own. They trained their SBS jumps and spins by their own, the throws and the lifts in a playground near their house..
Though all those hard environments, they had a 3tw.

I know that it isn’t unexpected, but I also feel bad for Kyueun and Alex.

Kara

Final Flight
I saw an entry list for the JGP test skate and NO YUNKYUNG....:sad21::cry: Is she still injured? Just not up to form? Or did she quit skating? I'm so worried nooooo time to be emo

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I saw an entry list for the JGP test skate and NO YUNKYUNG....:sad21::cry: Is she still injured? Just not up to form? Or did she quit skating? I'm so worried nooooo time to be emo

:(:sad21::cry::sad4::sad46::sad14:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ETA: deleted as already answered, although Bing translate says that the current post was taken down "at the request of Gamelin".

This does not sound amicable.:confused:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
It looks like she took it down but someone translated most of it (not fluently) here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FigureSkating/comments/8zvx6r/comment/e2mo7j7

Thanks, even though the instagram translator was rough I kinda feared it was a post contradicting Gamelin and in not very friendly terms so maybe thats why she took it down cause its no good to have arguments online with everybody watching. Hope they can get to an agreement but I will not hold my breath on it.

Kara

Final Flight
Yikes...Sad because they really were a bubble of joy at the Olympics...Both Kim/Kam and Min/Gam were so upbeat and brought the party to Team Korea.:hopelessness: