Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aml78 View Post
    I think it’s important to remember that her overall issues with pressure and performance were likely a result of what she sought treatment for. Presumably if she’s coming back it’s because she’s mentally in a better place. Add physical conditioning on top of that and she could potentially be a whole new competitor. The illness she was seeking treatment for did not spring up overnight. It was likely there for many years and therefore was impacting her ability to compete.
    Me and many other people who have eating disorders can tell you how easy it is for these illnesses to creep back up on you, even after years of recovery. I just want Gracie to be safe and sound, and I don't think that she should return to the highly competitive training environment where her ED began if it will be triggering for her. That being said, i will support her whether or not she decides to compete or coach.

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by acapenci View Post
    Me and many other people who have eating disorders can tell you how easy it is for these illnesses to creep back up on you, even after years of recovery. I just want Gracie to be safe and sound, and I don't think that she should return to the highly competitive training environment where her ED began if it will be triggering for her. That being said, i will support her whether or not she decides to compete or coach.
    I agree. I didn’t say otherwise. I was simply reacting to the statement that her fitness won’t fix the whole problem.

I think people should give her, and her support team a little more credit. I doubt anyone is looking for her to put herself in a dangerous situation.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    If she is going to compete we will see her soon. If she wants to get back on to the international events (Which I guess she will want to) surely USFS can’t give her a competition without showing she’s competition ready. Very surprised she chose where she chose and who she chose to train with.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8sk891 View Post
    If she is going to compete we will see her soon. If she wants to get back on to the international events (Which I guess she will want to) surely USFS can’t give her a competition without showing she’s competition ready. Very surprised she chose where she chose and who she chose to train with.
    I still confused on what went wrong with Marina, at the start Gracie looked happy and I thought it was going to be a good fit but oh well we'll probably never know

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutto View Post
    I still confused on what went wrong with Marina, at the start Gracie looked happy and I thought it was going to be a good fit but oh well we'll probably never know
    My assumption is that her issues were too far gone at that point. Now that she is training again, she might have preferred a totally new and fresh start somewhere else.

And while it seemed like Marina was getting into the singles game two years ago with Nathan and Patrick, that has since changed. Plus, we don't even know what Marina is up to right now since Shibs are out this season. She's kind of lacking a top team or top anybody. Very unusual for her.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13