Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Phil Hersh has confirmed the training situation that has been all over social media (but it is good to have outside confirmation):

Gracie is training with Vincent Restencourt at IceWorks, Aston

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/1012836824006451202

Nothing about her jumps, programs, etc, but even that [training confirmed] is real actual news.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm sure Gracie is keeping things as private as possible for her own mental well-being. No point in making a big deal about a comeback if it risks setting people up for disappointment, etc. If she's learning to skate for herself instead of outside pressures (which we obviously don't know for sure, but would make sense as a goal for someone with anxiety issues), then keeping the public out of her business is probably all part of the process.

So I'm super excited for her to potentially come back, but I'm not going to get too emotionally invested in it. And I'm not going to take the lack of proof/social media presence as a sign that she's not ready or not taking the comeback seriously, since it makes sense that she would want to avoid any publicity.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Does anyone know which summer competition Gracie might show up for? Or just a list of small summer competitions in general? I looked in the dedicated thread but it was pretty bare apart from Aerial challenge and a couple others. I just don't want to miss anything.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Philadelphia Summer competition would make the most sense, since it's at IceWorks, where Gracie trains.

amc987

On the Ice
So happy that Gracie is coming back to skating!!! I hope she finds peace and skates better than she ever has before. She'd deserve that.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i would like to think this is good but I am concerned. Gracie has gone through so much and really she hasn't had much time to heal. I am no so sure this is a good thing so fast. It just seems like yesterday she was flailing all over the place instead of getting off the ice and healing. I know it is natural to want to get back to it but I truly hope Gracie gets some good advice.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I am very happy to hear that Gracie is giving it another go. I hope she just will focus on her love for skating and will not put unnecessary pressure on herself... I wish her to face this like Carolina did after her comeback - just happy to be skating again and enjoying every second of it.

Good luck Gracie!!!

qwerty

On the Ice
Well, I wasn't expecting a second consecutive summer of Gracie Gold anticipation, but I'm glad she's coming back. Luckily she doesn't have to perform publicly this time (unless she wants to) so she can prepare at her own pace and without too many prying eyes.

Does the GP assignment mean she'll be at Champs Camp? Is it mandatory to attend Champs Camp if you're on the GP?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, I wasn't expecting a second consecutive summer of Gracie Gold anticipation, but I'm glad she's coming back. Luckily she doesn't have to perform publicly this time (unless she wants to) so she can prepare at her own pace and without too many prying eyes.

Does the GP assignment mean she'll be at Champs Camp? Is it mandatory to attend Champs Camp if you're on the GP?

Yes, Champs Camp is for those who have been assigned a GP.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Next month, per this:http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84157&menu=camps

Champs Camp
Date: August 18-23, 2018
Location: Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center/World Arena
*Attended by athletes assigned to a 2018 Grand Prix Series competition. Champs Camp is performance-based. Athletes perform their short program and free skate programs (ice dancing teams: short and free dances) in a simulated competition environment. The camp also includes technical feedback sessions, pre-participation physical exams, mental training sessions and nutrition seminars. Primary coaches of an athlete assigned to a Grand Prix Series event are required to attend.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
i would like to think this is good but I am concerned. Gracie has gone through so much and really she hasn't had much time to heal. I am no so sure this is a good thing so fast. It just seems like yesterday she was flailing all over the place instead of getting off the ice and healing. I know it is natural to want to get back to it but I truly hope Gracie gets some good advice.

It's tough. I agree that she needs time to work through her issues, but unlike most people Gracie doesn't have school or work lined up to occupy her time. Most of her personal relationships probably involve people in the skating community, too. She has at least 16 hours in the day that she needs to fill, so if some that time is committed to skating and she wants to be out there, it could be helpful.

princessalica

Final Flight
I hope to see her in Moscow this fall.

Gracie just posted on ig. “The first Grand Prix I ever medaled at was cup of Russia in 2012. I’m proud to be competing on the international circuit and I can’t wait to go back to Moscow. Thanks for the love and endless support.