Donovan Carrillo | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

karlamsloki

Rinkside
Yay for a new SB! I’m glad he landed the 3A and his program is so full of energy and is just overall a great program for him. He never let that smile slip and the audience was eating it up.

I wish him all the best in the FS, I would love for him to slip into the top ten and I’m super glad he’s getting all those minimums for Worlds!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Actually this was the highlight of the evening, considering the last group was (personally, strictly personally) a bit of a let down. I can't say how happy I am for him. It is high time that his talent was recognized in the main stream zone!!! Keep it up in the Free El Chico!!!

Ulrica

On the Ice
Donovan was so great, I think the PCs were a little underscored but he got a SB! :yes2: I'm so happy and can't wait for the free :hap10:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Donovan was so great, I think the PCs were a little underscored but he got a SB! :yes2: I'm so happy and can't wait for the free :hap10:
My immediate impression, and "a little" is an understatement. But that's something he will have to earn, it will take some time before he starts to get the deserved second mark - unfortunately that's the inevitable rule of the game with the judges. It will happen, if he keeps pumping out performances like yesterday! :agree:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hap57:

I am so proud of Donovan! And our boy was one of the hits of the SP; with every comp Donovan attracts more of the fans he deserves:agree:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
:love:

Love the music, the SP and love him, of course!!

So happy to see him competing and improving!!

As your fans in the audience said, ¡Tú puedes campeón, tú puedes!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:love:

Love the music, the SP and love him, of course!!

So happy to see him competing and improving!!

As your fans in the audience said, ¡Tú puedes campeón, tú puedes!

I thought that was so great to hear the fan yelling “tú puedes”. I imagine this is the closest ETA: international competition to Donovan’s home rink that he has ever entered?

:clap: for the free!

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the GoFundMe is a good idea. Even if it didn't pay for everything, it could at least take the financial pressure off a little bit.

He needs a Gofundme! I think there are people ready to throw money at it!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, my little charmer! Not his night tonight and certainly not the skate he was hoping for. The jumps just weren't happening. He fought through to the end though and never gave up. So proud of him. That gorgeous sombrero a fan threw to him seemed to cheer him up.

So happy to see there is a Go Fund Me in place.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I saw their FS by a facebook transmission, the commentators indicated that there was a good audience of latin americans who traveled to encourage Donovan and Andrea :hap10: , and felt the excitement of seeing Mexican skaters in 4CC after almost 9 years (last year the event was in Taipei so they didnt manage to travel to cheer them up)

I wonder if he will skate "Black Machine" at the gala? :think:

¡¡Eres increíble Donovan!! Tu trabajo seguirá dando alegría a todo México y América Latina :agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan was invited to the gala?!?!?:eeking:

I think that is wonderful! A sign that his gifts are now finally recognized :yahoo:

¡Sí, tú puedes! :hap85:

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan was invited to the gala?!?!?:eeking:

I think that is wonderful! A sign that his gifts are now finally recognized :yahoo:

¡Sí, tú puedes! :hap85:

Such great news! Will it be televised? Or on NBC Sports Gold?

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru