Donovan Carrillo | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Besides being a fan of Donovan, I'm a fan of Di Blassio (I think Donovan's version of "Hasta que te conocí" had more musicality for the piano), so I'll dream that one day Donovan will skate the "Chabuca Limeña and Raphael's hits" in Di Blassio version :luv17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFINEU6rHvE

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You must find out and go see him:luv17:

Alex Ourashiev:pray:

Alex was my first thought. And I noticed that he had posted that only about 40 minutes prior! Can't find anything on his Twitter or his web site. Hmmmm!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Couldn't find any info. I'm also thinking Chicago is a big transfer point, so maybe he was on his way to somewhere else! The mystery remains.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Couldn't find any info. I'm also thinking Chicago is a big transfer point, so maybe he was on his way to somewhere else! The mystery remains.

I am sure one of our GS detectives will solve the mystery.:think:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i don't want to offend anyone or be racist or something, but living in usa could be difficult for him? i mean could he have some visa problems or have to deal with racism in his every day life (i know it's not like Mississippi in the 60s but morons are everywhere and we're living in strange times)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's nothing here about him living in the U.S. I was saying I wondered if he was changing planes in Chicago to travel elsewhere. Who knows why -- maybe vacation, jump training, whatever. However, he would do fine in the Chicago area if he would choose to come here to live, but I doubt that's what's happening.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Apparently, after worlds he was receiving rehabilitation therapy at CONADE, he hasn't mentioned anything about changing coaches, commented that he was going to improve the content of his programs (maybe new choreographer? jump training?) And he will participate in the 18th national games on ice in Puebla (May 14-19, 2019) and the Philadelphia Summer International Competition (August 2019)

https://periodicocorreo.com.mx/buscara-donovan-carrillo-estar-listo-para-proximas-competencias/

He also shared in Instatory jumping loop and posing with Gregorio and a bear :scratch2:

vla13

Rinkside
At least one of the Instastories was from Toronto! After 4CC there was an article saying he was going to be going to a jump (I think?) clinic in Canada, so maybe that's where he is?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Philadelphia International; yaaasssssss! :hap93:

Where I first saw Donovan in 2017, and will now see him again:yes: Please stay healthy and keep with those plans Donovan:pray:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mystery solved:)

Donovan, and many other members of the Mexican team apparently (I do not recognize them, other than Coach Gregorio), have spent the past two weeks at Thornhill Skating Centre in Thornhill, ON

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwvSKcOFiUc/ (photo of Donovan with the team)

It appears as though Myke Gillman and Jonathan Mills, who according to a quick Google search work with Canadian skater Aurora Cotop and also have visited Mexico for training skaters onsite, were the primary coaches.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful! He looks like he'd make a great charro! :luv17:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my gosh, that costume is gorgeous! And of course Donovan wears it so well. :clap:

Looks like the designer put up an instagram just to show off her work for Donovan, and she should:thumbsup: