Donovan Carrillo | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan and Gregorio look so young:luv17:

Is Dia del Maestro a day in the US as well? I don't even know:biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan and Gregorio look so young:luv17:

Is Dia del Maestro a day in the US as well? I don't even know:biggrin:

Heck, I wish I had known! They had me fooled! I never got any presents! :curse: :laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
It will definitely have to be some kind of Mariachi music or traditional mexican music... it will be interesting to see what they pick :) maybe something really iconic like the Jarabe Tapatio...

I love that he really wants to represent Mexico on the ice with this costume, but what I thought was a bit too much was the whole symbol of the mexican flag on the back (the eagle) and the horse with the horseshoe on the sleeves (when I first saw it I thought it was a unicorn :laugh:)

i love his national pride, i really do :luv17: (i thought it was an unicorn too :biggrin:)

Hooray - he's finally starting to post a little more now! Very sweet words for Gregorio: "Thank you for trusting in me, helping me, and guiding me to fulfill my dreams. It has been a challenging road but never impossible because we have always worked as a team to meet the objectives and goals. Happy Teachers' Day!"

https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1128808315084005378?s=20

donovan is so nice!:luv17:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it looks amazing! go donovan! (you know what else would be also amazing? donovan actually skating on sweet dreams!)

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I was busy but I bring you news about Donovan (maybe some of you already know but I still share them :biggrin: )

An article of the Publímetro (May 20) https://www.publimetro.com.mx/mx/de...or-donovan-carrillo-se-despide-temporada.html

Figure Skater Donovan Carrillo says goodbye to the season

Donovan Carrillo, said goodbye this weekend of the 2018-2019 season with an excellent participation in the National Championship Hielo Juegos 2019 which took place in Puebla where he made the triple axel, being the first Mexican to perform on land nationals. The jalisciense prevailed before Diego Saldaña representative of the City of Mexico giving the third position to the host of the event Rodrigo Carranza. For Sunday Donovan participated in the free program where he said goodbye to the song "Ya lo sé que tu te vas" of Divo de Juárez Juan Gabriel, ending the event with a general score of 202.60 points, an indisputable first place. :yahoo:

:hap85: In the article they also mention that he is already working on new routines, and that his FS will be with music from Il Divo, he will show his new routines at 2019 Skate La Grande, San Diego, California from June 28 to 30 :yes2: (I checked and Donovan participated in 2009, he will compete again at the event 10 years later)

:hap10:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you @maryeli for the link and the news; I did not know this, always welcome:clap:

Stupid question: do we think this article means the FS will be music from the group “Il Divo”? Or is there some other Il Divo that I do not know?

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Thank you @maryeli for the link and the news; I did not know this, always welcome:clap:

Stupid question: do we think this article means the FS will be music from the group “Il Divo”? Or is there some other Il Divo that I do not know?

Pretty sure it's the group ;)
So then I assume that the Charro costume will be for his SP as it would be a bit odd to use a Mexican costume for a song performed by an Italian group

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I read that as El Divo de Juarez is a nickname for the singer Juan Gabriel in the first paragraph.
https://elpais.com/cultura/2016/08/28/actualidad/1472420326_275810.html

That makes it seem rather unclear in the second paragraph as to whether he's working on something again by Juan Gabriel or the group Il Divo.

"IL" is not a pronoun that exists in Spanish. And as you said, Juan Gabriel's nickname is "EL Divo de Juárez" (EL, not IL.) and it's never shortened to just El Divo. In fact the article from Publimetro refers to Juan Gabriel in one of the first paragraphs as "El Divo de Juarez Juan Gabriel" and later on addresses "Il Divo", making a clear distinction. The way the phrase is written in Spanish (musica de Il Divo, rather than musica del Divo), clears it up. I mean, it could be typos but they would be a lot :laugh:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you xibsuarz. Ah the joy of being a non-native speaker! :thank:

And now for a little preview of his new program. "In the Mood" music. He says he still has work to do on it, but here is a preview. He also thanks his sponsors.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByaTHJlnHie/

Oops -- sorry, didn't see Grap's post!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure that this music fits with the charro costume either :scratch2:
I guess we'll have to wait till the end of June to find out :)

My thought exactly! :laugh2: This is about as un-Charro as you can get! Maybe this is the SP and the charro is the FS? (or vice versa)