Donovan Carrillo | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love love LOVE :luv17: “In the Mood” for Donovan.

I think he will slay (well, he’d slay anyway, but I think he’ll really slay with this):clap:

I think I read while researching Il Divo, about whom I know very little, that maybe they had done a duet with Juan Gabriel? Or a Juan Gabriel song? So maybe that’s the charro outfit?

I agree it’s not “In the Mood”;)

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
My thought exactly! :laugh2: This is about as un-Charro as you can get! Maybe this is the SP and the charro is the FS? (or vice versa)

He says in the IG post that this is the SP, but according to the article shared by Maryeli, for his FS he's skating to music by Il Divo. I'm not that familiar with their music, but I think it's something like italian pop?

I doubt that they have any mexican style music or music that would go with the charro costume :confused:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I was busy but I bring you news about Donovan (maybe some of you already know but I still share them :biggrin: )

An article of the Publímetro (May 20) https://www.publimetro.com.mx/mx/de...or-donovan-carrillo-se-despide-temporada.html

Figure Skater Donovan Carrillo says goodbye to the season

Donovan Carrillo, said goodbye this weekend of the 2018-2019 season with an excellent participation in the National Championship Hielo Juegos 2019 which took place in Puebla where he made the triple axel, being the first Mexican to perform on land nationals. The jalisciense prevailed before Diego Saldaña representative of the City of Mexico giving the third position to the host of the event Rodrigo Carranza. For Sunday Donovan participated in the free program where he said goodbye to the song "Ya lo sé que tu te vas" of Divo de Juárez Juan Gabriel, ending the event with a general score of 202.60 points, an indisputable first place. :yahoo:

:hap85: In the article they also mention that he is already working on new routines, and that his FS will be with music from Il Divo, he will show his new routines at 2019 Skate La Grande, San Diego, California from June 28 to 30 :yes2: (I checked and Donovan participated in 2009, he will compete again at the event 10 years later)

:hap10:

thank you for the news! i'm very happy Donovan could end his season on this high note!
Donovan just shared an avance of his new SP. His 3A is looking good!

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByaTHJlnHie/?igshid=xunreb6529jh

his 3A looks better anytime i see it

I'm not sure that this music fits with the charro costume either :scratch2:
I guess we'll have to wait till the end of June to find out :)

Il Divo is operatic pop (somthing in between opera and pop, or so people say :biggrin:), their style is not my cup of tea so i'm not very familiar with their songs, but they do a lot of covers, so maybe they did also something of the classical mexican repertoire like Cielito Lindo

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Perhaps...the charro costume is for an exhibition? idk :laugh:

If I remember correctly, the charro suit is indeed for an exhibition :agree:
Il Divo in addition to opera sings tango https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4WZLpPisg (well, I love Gardel jejejeje I will dream, although Donovan will surely choose "Amor Eterno" or "Regresa a mi" o "Quizas, quizas, quizas") :scratch2:
Everything indicates that finally the ankle injury healed (great triple axel) :yahoo:

I will share information with the fans of Mexico (maybe someone will come to Skate La Grande and provide us with news about Donovan's presentations)

:thank:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Just saw two Instagram stories Donovan posted yesterday for father's day..

One is of his dad on skates trying to do what looks like a single axel :biggrin: and the other is a picture of him as a baby being held by his dad :)

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Imagine... Donovan... Skate Santa Fe... Exhibition... charro suit... :luv17:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
"Working hard to meet my goals", Donovan trying the quad toe :clap: , a week ago, I heard in TSL a comment about Donovan trying quad toe and salchow, the publication of instagram confirms (at least the toe) :hap10:

Don't forget this weekend Donovan will participate in the exhibition of Skate Santa Fe (cross fingers for someone to take pictures or record the presentation) :pray:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i love how dadicated this boy is! do you think we'll see him in the early season? maybe at some challengers?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i love how dadicated this boy is! do you think we'll see him in the early season? maybe at some challengers?

He better still be coming to Philadelphia:yahoo: and a Challenger. Where he could get the minimum for perhaps a late GP invite (one can dream :) )

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Well, Donovan said he planned to show his new programs at Skate La Grande and, he appears in the program http://www.skatelagrande.org/program/
His other announcement was that he planned to participate in Philadelphia Summer, challenger is a fact, but what is an unknown (ACI?) :confused:

Returning to Skate La Grande, Donovan is the only senior men competitor, so I just hope he enjoys his new programs :hap10:

I hope he gets the necessary scores for Worlds 2020 (according to ISU page, senior men TES increased) :eeking:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well, Donovan said he planned to show his new programs at Skate La Grande and, he appears in the program http://www.skatelagrande.org/program/
His other announcement was that he planned to participate in Philadelphia Summer, challenger is a fact, but what is an unknown (ACI?) :confused:

Returning to Skate La Grande, Donovan is the only senior men competitor, so I just hope he enjoys his new programs :hap10:

I hope he gets the necessary scores for Worlds 2020 (according to ISU page, senior men TES increased) :eeking:

i know he can do it :dev2:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I'm not mistaken, Donovan's IG story shows a fancam of another 3A?!:yahoo:

And if that is his "In the Mood" costume (it's not the charro), it's gorgeous:yes: