Donovan Carrillo | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Well, Donovan tried two triple axel in the FS (as he had already announced), apparently in the fall of the SP he worsened the ankle injury :eeking: , because he had several errors in the landings (step out, UR) for now I have not found videos :sad4: , only the protocol information

Wishing a speedy recovery for Donovan, stay healthy boy :pray:

:eek:topic: Various local media have reported on the results of Donovan in Golden Spin of Zagreb ... but they made mistakes, they are spreading that Donovan qualified for the Worlds of Montreal and will compete in the short program, Mexican fans of Donovan got angry at me when I explained that Donovan got the minimum TES of the short program several months ago and what he needs is the minimum TES of the FS otherwise he will not be able to participate in Worlds ... moral of a fable, put distance with the mexican fans of Donovan :slink: (I begin to believe that the people know almost nothing about figure skating and follow skaters for "fashion") :slink:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Mexican fans of Donovan got angry at me
OMG, I guess that your best intentions ended bad... :curse: But you should try to look at the positive side of it: they were not Yuzu fans... That could be really dangerous! :laugh:

Let's hope that Donovan can recover and try again.

Thanks for the info!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m sorry that you had to go through that @MaryEli, I take it this means that Donovan does not have the minimum TES for worlds FS? :sad21: I’m afraid I have not been following that.

Most importantly let us hope Donovan is healthy and can come back and skate the way that he wants to!:pray: and thank you @RemyRose for yet another golden spin video!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He is so close. He had 62 from Philly and you need 64.

He does have the minimums for 4CC so I hope he can earn it there!!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Thank you for the support and for the video :thank: (too bad Donovan fell in his combination, but I love his outfits this season :agree: )

Donovan and Andrea visited the Mexican Olympic Committee :shocked:

https://bajopalabra.com.mx/patinadores-mexicanos-buscan-juegos-olimpicos-de-invierno-2022

http://www.com.org.mx/com-informa/v...y3enxTP70_AbQaZRG7sdXm84gZWnFg-5fogrtVMwkNIJA

He explained that this year many goals were achieved, so he is motivated to continue working hard and face the new challenges of the year 2020, as the 2022 Olympic Games are getting closer.

“This 2019 was able to land the first triple axel, it was a great achievement and recently I managed to land the quadruples in training. Being doing things of greater difficulty, I believe, will help me achieve my next classification to the Olympic Games”

I just remembered that I didn't update the Donovan wikipedia page :slink:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
That rink is on Mexico City's Historical center. It's a very popular and crowded place and the rink has lots of attendance so I am glad Donovan is getting the exposure!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Donovan on the cover of Toluca's "Sporting" magazine with a brief interview https://www.instagram.com/p/B7oTVA4HCOD/

Donovan says that representing Mexico in Beijing 2022 is a goal, his favorite moment in skating was when he qualified for the final in Worlds in Milan 2018 and obtained the 22nd place, he considers the Worlds with the most difficult competitions because you find the best world skaters.

Good look in 4CC :hap10:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Donovan on the cover of Toluca's "Sporting" magazine with a brief interview https://www.instagram.com/p/B7oTVA4HCOD/

Donovan says that representing Mexico in Beijing 2022 is a goal, his favorite moment in skating was when he qualified for the final in Worlds in Milan 2018 and obtained the 22nd place, he considers the Worlds with the most difficult competitions because you find the best world skaters.

Good look in 4CC :hap10:

i hope he place better this time in both competitions

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And has Donovan really never used an elliptical machine before, as it appeared in his IG stories?:shocked:

Good luck, Donovan!:hap10:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh my gosh! I've been thinking about the Aussies at 4CC and forgot that Donovan could be there and it turns out he is! How exciting!

Thanks to time zones I can watch too! :cheer: Gooo Donovan!