Donovan Carrillo | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
did he say anything? what are is plans for next season?

I don’t think we will know for some time. Donova has traditionally gone to Philly International, but of course nothing is certain. The comp is usually late July/early August and entries are due in July.

Such a long time to wait:sad21:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I don’t think we will know for some time. Donova has traditionally gone to Philly International, but of course nothing is certain. The comp is usually late July/early August and entries are due in July.

Such a long time to wait:sad21:

:( i also hope he can raise some money so he can keep improve, i know what his relationship with his coach is but he really needs an upgrade in that department

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not know if Mexico is under lockdown, but I just happened to see that Donovan was live on IG today.

He was speaking remotely with someone named Felipe Reyna, who by his IG bio is an artistic roller skater.

My Spanish is pitiful, and Donovan's connection was not the greatest, but I did get that the proudest moment of Donovan's career so far was making the free skate at the World Championships in Milan. Not surprising.:)

Then Felipe started going on about his own Worlds, which were evidently in Colombia, and I'm sure Felipe is a great guy, but I don't care about him like I do Donovan. So I bailed:biggrin:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
We are not on lockdown, but many schools and companies are closing down on their own and switching for online classes and home office. The government has not declared a lockdown yet (the president doesn't want to because informal employees, who need to go to work to make ends meet, make up 60% of the economy), but they are encouraging people to stay at home if they can. I'm glad Donovan has that flexibility regarding school/work :yes:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I do not know if Mexico is under lockdown, but I just happened to see that Donovan was live on IG today.

Ow, I missed this :eek:hwell: Maybe he will do one more again soon... :)

Like xibsuarz said, we are not on lockdown (not yet at least) but we're now in phase 2 and being told by the authorities to stay home as much as possible for about a month to slow down the infection. Schools and universities are closed since March 20 and until April 20.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan is not missing out on his exercise. Too bad I'm not doing half as much as he is! :laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XxMaIHRNn/

"Being at home doesn't keep us from continuing with the training and preparation to meet our goals. Courage (keep the faith?) friends. I'm sure we will go forward. Let's be patient and stay at home, taking all the precautions suggested by the authorities."

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that's why Donovan put the charro and sombrero look last; he has to know that's the winner;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He already knew the answer! He just wanted to show off all his beautiful costumes! :laugh: :luv17:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
There are several videos and publications about Donovan in the press, but since there are so many, I will start with the videos:

Donovan was at IG with Andrea Montesinos, here is the video (I recommend starting at minute 36 because for some reason it restarts at that minute): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssSWWLF8Io
Andrea tells Donovan that she enjoyed his Capone SP, Donovan indicates that the event he enjoyed the most was senior Worlds 2018. Both comment that they see Javier Fernandez as inspiration and motivation in figure skating since he achieved for Spain what that they are trying to do for Mexico. They were asked if they would skate together in dance :scratch2: , Donovan mentioned that he would like to try, Andrea said that he would like try with pairs.
Andrea comments that Donovan is very good at Latin rhythms and Donovan indicates that his FS for the new season will be of Latin rhythms :eeking: . Donovan isn't good at Hip Hop, he prefers Jazz and Latin rhythms.
Curiously, Donovan calls Andrea as "Andy", both say they get along with other skaters and teammates, they pleasantly remember the 2016 JGP Yokohama where both achieved the minimum for Junior Worlds 2017 being that their first competition of this year. They congratulate Emily Bausback for winning the Canadian Nationals (apparently all three are pretty close). Donovan mentions that he admires Nathan Chen and Andrea comments that Nathan "is a great teammate, he is a hard worker and very kind to everyone".
It was a very funny IG and happily someone recorded it. :luv17:

Donovan and his coach appear in "Cafecito con Masha" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdlND6Md_HM
You can see unpublished photos of Gregorio Nuñez in his years as a skater, of Donovan in his first years of skating (some short clips where Donovan looks super cute :luv17: ) tells how he discovered Donovan in 2007 "I was impressed by his good physical condition, charisma and grace, but above all he enjoys when he skates". Donovan comments that he has achieved 4S and 4T in practices so he hopes to be able to try them in competition in the new season. "The most important thing is teamwork, maintaining humility and knowing when to ask for help."
Q: Donovan, how do you look in four years?
A: I see myself as an athlete, having achieved my goals, giving exhibitions and training new skaters. :hap85:

There is also an IG with Ana Cecilia Cantu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPsYezXgZM
Donovan's first skates were "Ridel" inherited from his sister, currently uses "Edea". Ana Cecilia comments that in 4CC 2003 her skates were stolen and she had to compete in the FS with skates borrowed from her compatriot and managed to classify worlds. Donovan relates that in 2018 a week before traveling to Bulgaria for junior worlds, his skates broke and he remembered that he had a pair of skates that he stopped using "because they were too big" and competed with those in junior worlds and worlds (curious anecdote :eeking: ).
 Donovan went from Jackson blades to MK.
Favorite jump: Triple Axel (enjoy rotation in the air).
His favorite spin: Bell (triangle).
He prefers Choreo to Step Secuence.
Donovan fondly remembers his first competition at the JGP Mexico Cup 2013, Ana and Donovan say that in Ostrava the cold is terrible. They also comment that they feel sad when they can't see videos of their presentations (due to copyright and television rights :( ).
Donovan says he loves tortillas and pasta but has been recommended to cut down on carbohydrates during quarantine.
Songs you listen to motivate yourself: Rocky Balboa soundtrack.
Admire Daniel Corral (Mexican gymnast who has participated in 3 Olympic games).
He says that leaving his family to go training with Gregorio Nuñez was an important moment in his life and sports career.
The first time 4T landed was at the end of a workout, the zamboni was coming in and he decided to try and something unstable landed him but he decided to try it 3 more times and he did it. :yes2:

:hap10:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
There are several videos and publications about Donovan in the press, but since there are so many, I will start with the videos:

Donovan was at IG with Andrea Montesinos, here is the video (I recommend starting at minute 36 because for some reason it restarts at that minute): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssSWWLF8Io
Andrea tells Donovan that she enjoyed his Capone SP, Donovan indicates that the event he enjoyed the most was senior Worlds 2018. Both comment that they see Javier Fernandez as inspiration and motivation in figure skating since he achieved for Spain what that they are trying to do for Mexico. They were asked if they would skate together in dance :scratch2: , Donovan mentioned that he would like to try, Andrea said that he would like more pairs.
Andrea comments that Donovan is very good at Latin rhythms and Donovan indicates that his FS for the new season will be of Latin rhythms :eeking: . Donovan isn't good at Hip Hop, he prefers Jazz and Latin rhythms.
Curiously, Donovan calls Andrea as "Andy", both say they get along with other skaters and teammates, they pleasantly remember the 2016 JGP Yokohama where both achieved the minimum for Junior Worlds 2017 being that their first competition of this year. They congratulate Emily Bausback for winning the Canadian Nationals (apparently all three are pretty close). Donovan mentions that he admires Nathan Chen and Andrea comments that Nathan "is a great teammate, he is a hard worker and very kind to everyone".
It was a very funny IG and happily someone recorded it. :luv17:

Donovan and his coach appear in "Cafecito con Masha" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdlND6Md_HM
You can see unpublished photos of Gregorio Nuñez in his years as a skater, of Donovan in his first years of skating (some short clips where Donovan looks super cute :luv17: ) tells how he discovered Donovan in 2007 "I was impressed by his good physical condition, charisma and grace at keeping up, but above all he enjoys when he skates". Donovan comments that he has achieved 4S and 4T in practices so he hopes to be able to try them in competition in the new season. "The most important thing is teamwork, maintaining humility and knowing when to ask for help."
Q: Donovan, how do you look in four years?
A: I see myself as an athlete, having achieved my goals, giving exhibitions and training new skaters. :hap85:

There is also an IG with Ana Cecilia Cantu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPsYezXgZM
Donovan's first skates were "Ridel" inherited from his sister, currently uses "Edea". Ana Cecilia comments that in 4CC 2003 her skates were stolen and she had to compete in the FS with skates borrowed from her compatriot and managed to classify worlds. Donovan relates that in 2018 a week before traveling to Bulgaria for junior worlds, his skates broke and he remembered that he had a pair of skates that he stopped using "because they were too big" and competed with those in junior worlds and worlds (curious anecdote :eeking: ).
 Donovan went from Jackson blades to MK.
Favorite jump: Triple Axel (enjoy rotation in the air).
His favorite spin: Bell (triangle).
He prefers Choreo to Step Secuence.
Donovan fondly remembers his first competition at the JGP Mexico Cup 2013, Ana and Donovan say that in Ostrava the cold is terrible. They also comment that they feel sad when they can't see videos of their presentations (due to copyright and television rights :( ).
Donovan says he loves tortillas and pasta but has been recommended to cut down on carbohydrates during quarantine.
Songs you listen to motivate yourself: Rocky Balboa soundtrack.
Admire Daniel Corral (Mexican gymnast who has participated in 3 Olympic games).
He says that leaving his family to go training with Gregorio Nuñez was an important moment in his life and sports career.
The first time 4T landed was at the end of a workout, the zamboni was coming in and he decided to try and something unstable landed him but he decided to try it 3 more times and he did it. :yes2:

:hap10:

maybe this interview could motivate Andrea to change programs this year. i look forward to Donova's latino program i'm sure he'll be amazing and about corbos...that ship has sailed :laugh:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
[...]

Yay! Thank you for sharing these :biggrin: I saw the beginning of that IG live with Donovan and Andrea but couldn't finish before it expired... And for the other videos. It's nice to see Donovan talk to fs people, since interviews from the mexican press are always more or less the same information we already know and only a couple new things.

It's nice to know that he sees himself still competing in four years and involved in all aspects of skating :)

It's funny, just earlier today, I was trying to picture Donovan as an ice dancer and thinking he would do a good job at it :laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Yay! Thank you for sharing these :biggrin: I saw the beginning of that IG live with Donovan and Andrea but couldn't finish before it expired... And for the other videos. It's nice to see Donovan talk to fs people, since interviews from the mexican press are always more or less the same information we already know and only a couple new things.

It's nice to know that he sees himself still competing in four years and involved in all aspects of skating :)

It's funny, just earlier today, I was trying to picture Donovan as an ice dancer and thinking he would do a good job at it :laugh:

he would slay!