Donovan Carrillo | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From what I can tell, sure seems like a new update. So good to see him!

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
So, Donovan and Andrea Montesinos did another IG live today... I'll share as much as I can remember :biggrin:

* He prefers upbeat music. Said he tried slower music these past two seasons but didn't feel as energized while skating and finds it easier to connect with upbeat music, so that's what he'll have this season.

* He prefers short programs.

* Before going on the ice, he has a ritual where he puts his left skate first and then the right.

* He saves as many of the gifts/plushies as he can fit in his luggage to bring back to Mexico and likes to donate some to children.

* He prefers jumps to spins. When he spins for a long time, he starts getting red spots on the face under the skin, but recently, while in lockdown, he used a spinner to practice his spins off ice for the first time ever and now the spinner has become his favorite part of his daily routine.

* For his first routine ever, he skated to oriental music and his mum bought him a regular blue costume from a costume store. After that, she turned it into a pillow and he used to sleep on that pillow made out of his first costume.

* After retiring, he would like to coach but he also wants to skate in shows and exhibitions.

* He likes to listen to latin music (oldies and new songs) when he trains and for more demanding workouts he likes reggeaton.

* He would consider skating with someone, at least for an exhibition (they used the word pairs, but I think he was talking abt dance because he mentioned he likes to watch skaters like Papadakis/Cizeron and Virtue/Moir).

* He would marry another skater.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Donovan has announced that he will be using a song by mexican singer Carlos Rivera for one of his programs. He also said he will have a costume done by mexican designer Menchaca, who is known for using traditional huichol patterns in his designs. Also, we might see a quad in his programs, at least it's a goal they want to achieve for the Olympics.
So excited about all of this!:hap85:

Source (in spanish):
https://www.tudn.mx/mas-deportes/de...rillo-busca-su-boleto-a-olimpicos-de-invierno

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan has announced that he will be using a song by mexican singer Carlos Rivera for one of his programs. He also said he will have a costume done by mexican designer Menchaca, who is known for using traditional huichol patterns in his designs. Also, we might see a quad in his programs, at least it's a goal they want to achieve for the Olympics.

Source (in spanish):
https://www.tudn.mx/mas-deportes/de...rillo-busca-su-boleto-a-olimpicos-de-invierno

Thank you for the information, I saw the IG story with Carlos Rivera, but did not understand the import.

I am afraid that I know nothing of Carlos Rivera. Is he popular in Mexico? What is he known for?

I surely hope we get to see Donovan skate this year:hap10:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Thank you for the information, I saw the IG story with Carlos Rivera, but did not understand the import.

I am afraid that I know nothing of Carlos Rivera. Is he popular in Mexico? What is he known for?

I surely hope we get to see Donovan skate this year:hap10:

Carlos tweeted that he was proud and it was an honour and wished Donovan success :)

Yeah, he's very famous. I don't really follow him but I still hear about him from time to time. He started out by winning a singing contest TV show (kind of like American Idol). I think he got more famous after he sang the song Recuérdame from the Coco movie soundtrack and now he's one of the top male pop singers.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Source (in spanish):

That all sounds like so much fun... and right at the minute, we need fun. Yay for Donovan!!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Carlos tweeted that he was proud and it was an honour and wished Donovan success :)

Yeah, he's very famous. I don't really follow him but I still hear about him from time to time. He started out by winning a singing contest TV show (kind of like American Idol). I think he got more famous after he sang the song Recuérdame from the Coco movie soundtrack and now he's one of the top male pop singers.

now i know who he is! and i still wish Donovan could skate to a Coco inspired program

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Donovan was interviewed on Blue Sports (starts at about 2 minutes) (subtitles translated into english are quite acceptable)
Donovan comments that he was happy with the results obtained in 4CC, regrets that the competitions can't be held due to the pandemic, he comments that he and Gregorio hope to start the season in October in some competitions in Europe but can't confirm anything yet.

Donovan and Andrea in "Rodando Balon"
Donovan narrates details about how it was to move to Leon to continue training, "They closed our ice rink, Gregorio was invited to run an ice rink in Leon and he invited us to go with him, the Mexican Federation had commented that they would organize JGP2013 and they wanted for me to participate, initially my parents and I agreed that I would train with Gregorio until the JGP event, but after the competition I realized that I wanted to continue skating". At 19 minutes, Donovan holds a puppy in his arms (awww so cute). Donovan comments that he has started to watch series due to quarantine (Friends, La Casa de Papel, etc).

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Don't think so :(
We know Donovan is training, as he has posted a few videos of his jumps on IG stories, but honestly, I'm worried that he will probably not be able to compete this season, with all the limited competitions and travel restrictions.
I was really looking forward to seeing the new programs and new tech. :cry:
how are things in Mexico? we get basically 0 news about central and south America

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
how are things in Mexico? we get basically 0 news about central and south America
Mexico is actually part of North America along with the US and Canada. ;)

The official info from the government says that cases have been going down for a few weeks now, but we also do very very few tests compared to other countries so... :shrug:

I'm glad that Donovan is at least able to keep training. I just hope that the ISU will keep small fed skaters who can't compete this season in mind when they decide about qualifications and assignments for the next season. :pray:

Last edited: