Donovan Carrillo | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

Grap74

On the Ice

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
The pages that speak of Donovan and his mother are available in the online version of "Milenio" and on Facebook "Donovan Carrillo Latinoamerica" and "Donovan Carrillo Fans México" :love:

"The children are for that, to show them the way when they are children and let them fly for their dreams" - Diana Isela Suazo - "Since he was little he was the most quiet and simple, he didn't give problems. When his coach went to Leon and Donovan told me he wanted to follow him, I left him because I trusted both of them (...) It was very hard for me, Donovan was barely 12 years old, I fell a bit in depression, but I couldn't move with him to Leon or cut his dreams, was what he wanted and we had to support him (...) For a long time we both cried every time we had to say goodbye, but the satisfaction of watching him smile on TV and videos while slides on the ice reinforces the conviction that we did the right thing".

:sad4:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, everyone, for pointing out the articles about Donovan and also the Donovan fan pages on Facebook:)

I wonder if he has a USA fan page?:yay:

Grap74

On the Ice
The pages that speak of Donovan and his mother are available in the online version of "Milenio" and on Facebook "Donovan Carrillo Latinoamerica" and "Donovan Carrillo Fans México" :love:

"The children are for that, to show them the way when they are children and let them fly for their dreams" - Diana Isela Suazo - "Since he was little he was the most quiet and simple, he didn't give problems. When his coach went to Leon and Donovan told me he wanted to follow him, I left him because I trusted both of them (...) It was very hard for me, Donovan was barely 12 years old, I fell a bit in depression, but I couldn't move with him to Leon or cut his dreams, was what he wanted and we had to support him (...) For a long time we both cried every time we had to say goodbye, but the satisfaction of watching him smile on TV and videos while slides on the ice reinforces the conviction that we did the right thing".

:sad4:

Thanks maryeli, I love this! As a mom I can totally relate to his mother and her words made me cry. 😢 ❤️

Thank you, everyone, for pointing out the articles about Donovan and also the Donovan fan pages on Facebook:)

I wonder if he has a USA fan page?:yay:

I don't know about that but maybe you can start one 😉!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Confirmed:
SP: Samba
FS: Ya lo sé que tu te vas (Juan Gabriel)
Choreographer: Gregorio Nuñez
Donovan expects to participate in some JGP event at the end of August, "No matter the adversities that come your way, fight for your dreams"

Interview in Minuto 44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIncpL8BQBQ

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Confirmed:
Donovan expects to participate in some JGP event at the end of August, "No matter the adversities that come your way, fight for your dreams"

Thank you Maryeli! :agree: I thought I had read in one of the articles that Donovan intended to do another Juan Gabriel program, but I was not 100% sure of my Spanish comprehension.

Now I will go test it on YouTube:biggrin: Is "Minuto 44" a well known show or "Canal 44" a well known channel in Mexico?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
This is not the same Juan Gabriel song he has skated to the past two years, but a new one. I like this keep the artist try a new song idea.

A little sad to see him focusing on the JGP for another season. In someways he is more suited to the senior circuit where artistry is more appreciated, and he can get higher PCS. I might rather see him in senior Bs than JGPs.

Also if he does JGP he can't do senior grand prix and he is eligible. I know him getting a first round pick is almost certainly not going to happen, but I do think he is a very appealing choice for a last minute replacement for Skate Canada/Skate America... he is good looking, not a medal threat and a North American who can get there easily.... honestly I could easily see him being a last replacement to either with the way things work out.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find him so charismatic. Really enjoyed the 44 interview. That would be great if he could get a pick for SC or SA.

Grap74

On the Ice
Confirmed:

Thanks, Maryeli, I really enjoyed this (although it bothered me they missed an "r" in his last name when they put the phone and his picture, no big deal but...). I'm excited to see these new programs! He's such a sunshine!

Now I will go test it on YouTube:biggrin: Is "Minuto 44" a well known show or "Canal 44" a well known channel in Mexico?

How did it go? Do you need any help with the interview?

"Minuto 44" isn't one of the well known sports shows 😔 but I'm happy that some are giving him a chance and little by little he's getting more recognition. Of course, he needs a lot more! I would love to see him doing commercials and getting real sponsors.

@StitchMonkey and @Arriba, I agree with you! It would be great to see him at SA or SC.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

How did it go? Do you need any help with the interview?

"Minuto 44" isn't one of the well known sports shows 😔 but I'm happy that some are giving him a chance and little by little he's getting more recognition. Of course, he needs a lot more! I would love to see him doing commercials and getting real sponsors.

@StitchMonkey and @Arriba, I agree with you! It would be great to see him at SA or SC.

Thanks, I definitely understood some (particularly, unfortunately the presenter more than Donovan, since he was in the studio rather than on the telephone), but I don’t know enough to know what I don’t know:laugh: my French is pretty good, my Italian conversational,and my Spanish... well, it’s third, sorry to say. (Completely OT, but I love interviews with Stéphane Lambiel, his French is so precise and I understand every word. My grandmother always told me I should have studied more Spanish instead;) )

And me three for the GP; and I know Donovan would be a crowd pleaser!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Here at the rink where Donovan is set to perform in 15 min, a considerable crowd has gathered around the rink We can already see him warming up behind the boards :) I'll tell you how it goes!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
It was great! He warmed up with a couple of 2A, a 3Lo and a 3F. And then went on to perform amazingly. Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/cxeG0JhxKYA (excuse my cheering if you can hear it)
Afterwards quite a lot of people rushed to the boards to het a picture or autograph. He is wonderful, he received every gift and letter thankfully and I managed to take a picture with him. I told him there are a lot of Mexicans that are so proud of how he is representing us and I wished him good luck for next season :yes:
Edit: we are still at the rink. Now he has come out and is helping some of the students with their jumps.
Edit 2: some pictures http://boysinblades.tumblr.com/post/174084505737/so-i-saw-donovan-carrillo-today-he-is-the

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was great! He warmed up with a couple of 2A, a 3Lo and a 3F. And then went on to perform amazingly. Here is the video:
Afterwards quite a lot of people rushed to the boards to het a picture or autograph. He is wonderful, he received every gift and letter thankfully and I managed to take a picture with him. I told him there are a lot of Mexicans that are so proud of how he is representing us and I wished him good luck for next season :yes:
Edit: we are still at the rink. Now he has come out and is helping some of the students with their jumps.
Edit 2: some pictures http://boysinblades.tumblr.com/post/174084505737/so-i-saw-donovan-carrillo-today-he-is-the

So awesome! What town is this? Is this where he normally trains? Has to be a shopping mall rink. I think I spot Hagen Daz and Chili's. :laugh:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
So awesome! What town is this? Is this where he normally trains? Has to be a shopping mall rink. I think I spot Hagen Daz and Chili's. :laugh:

It's Mexico City, Donovan trains in Leon as far as I know, which a 3-4 h drive from here :)
And yeah it's a shopping mall, there aren't many rinks here that are not inside a mall. But at least it gave us a chance to have breakfast before he showed up :biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's Mexico City, Donovan trains in Leon as far as I know, which a 3-4 h drive from here :)
And yeah it's a shopping mall, there aren't many rinks here that are not inside a mall. But at least it gave us a chance to have breakfast before he showed up :biggrin:

So glad you got to see him and thanks for the vids:clap:

I'm impressed that there are rinks in shopping malls. I know the Galleria in Dallas has one and I think Katelyn O. ? used to train at a shopping mall. But I personally have never seen one.:)

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I am not a big Juan Gabriel fan so I can't be sure, but it seems like it's his new FS music?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I used to skate at a shopping mall rink here in the Chicago area ( a LONG time ago) for awhile, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any anymore...This was great for Donovan to have a chance to promote skating. It was so wonderful that he made it to the FS at Worlds. I'm sure it was a great confidence booster.

Grap74

On the Ice

Thanks xibsuarz! I never knew he was going to have an exhibition! What shopping mall is this? We have so many malls now in Mexico City that I don't even know them all...

Your video is great, he really is a sweet kid and I'm glad that you got to meet him. Please tell me if you know about other exhibition, I would love to go! 😊

Grap74

On the Ice
Thanks, I definitely understood some (particularly, unfortunately the presenter more than Donovan, since he was in the studio rather than on the telephone), but I don’t know enough to know what I don’t know:laugh: my French is pretty good, my Italian conversational,and my Spanish... well, it’s third, sorry to say. (Completely OT, but I love interviews with Stéphane Lambiel, his French is so precise and I understand every word. My grandmother always told me I should have studied more Spanish instead;) )

And me three for the GP; and I know Donovan would be a crowd pleaser!

I'm glad you did fine. I'm sure you're Spanish isn't bad at all 😉

Grap74

On the Ice
I am not a big Juan Gabriel fan so I can't be sure, but it seems like it's his new FS music?

I don't know a lot about Juan Gabriel either but this is definitely not "Hasta que te Conocí" so it must be his new FS. Glad he can get to practice it with public!