Donovan Carrillo | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Reviewing the places available in JGP we have that in 5 events the participation of at least one male representative for Mexico is allowed:
Bratislava, Slovak Republic - August 22 to 25, 2018 (Deadline 20/07)
Linz, Austria (Cup of Austria) - August 29 to September 01, 2018 (Deadline 27/07)
Richmond, Canada - September 12 to 15, 2018 (Deadline 10/08)
Ljubljana, Slovenia - October 03 to 06, 2018 (Deadline 31/08)
Yerevan, Armenia (Armenian Cup) - October 10 to 13, 2018 (Deadline 07/09)
Donovan commented that he expected to compete in JPG at the end of August (we will know which one at the end of this month) the second competition is still a mystery ... speculating, Canada? Armenia? :scratch3:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Yes, I just watched the video, how exciting! Donovan comes with everything this season :yahoo:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Wow!!! I think is a little underrotated but is incredible how he is improving so quick!, he needs more speed but I'm sure he will land it clean soon and in competition!

amonemae

Rinkside
Hello! I just wanted to say I really love Donovan and am excited to see him this season! Wish him all the best!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Wow!!! I think is a little underrotated but is incredible how he is improving so quick!, he needs more speed but I'm sure he will land it clean soon and in competition!

True, but Donovan is very persevering, this year and the following will continue to improve to fulfill his dream (I feel that there are possibilities of small medal or podium in some JGP event)

Good luck, Donovan :cheer:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/BoyangLutz/status/1020837892464054275

And it looks to be during a run-through even.

I sorta hope he is already practicing a quad or at least has a plan for it. He seems to pick stuff up quickly. I seem to recall the triple triple was the goal last season and he landed it in his first outing. He may be a skater who needs to be always planing for the next skill acquisition.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/BoyangLutz/status/1020837892464054275

And it looks to be during a run-through even.

I sorta hope he is already practicing a quad or at least has a plan for it. He seems to pick stuff up quickly. I seem to recall the triple triple was the goal last season and he landed it in his first outing. He may be a skater who needs to be always planing for the next skill acquisition.

he doesn't need a quad jump in order to get a jgp medal, is better for him improving his triple axel right now, he just need a clean sp and fs and I'm pretty sure he will get the podium. In fact if he incorporates a quad and fail it he will lose too much points and his pcs will not increase with the new system.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
One hour ago... Donovan Instatory... another great 3 axel :yahoo:

I hope he will be more consistent this season with the triple axel, I still think he needs more speed to get high goe in that jump but it looks better with the time

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
he doesn't need a quad jump in order to get a jgp medal, is better for him improving his triple axel right now, he just need a clean sp and fs and I'm pretty sure he will get the podium. In fact if he incorporates a quad and fail it he will lose too much points and his pcs will not increase with the new system.

For a JGP medal it is possible without a quad, especially with it not allowed in the SP. But I am also looking at spring, adding a quad at 4CC does not seem too soon or too much of a gamble and I think two new skills a year every six months is not a bad schedule for a fast learner.

He can focus on clean 3A JGP programs in the fall and add quad training when the JGP is over....which ends early in the fall, and maybe get a late season senior B, like Golden Spin, to try a quad at. He honestly has time to do both with the way the JGP is structured. So long as the is comfortable with the 3A that is, and it is looking good.

On that note. He is assigned to the first JGP of the season... glad the wait is short for us at least.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Donovan sends greetings to his fans from his Instagram account, he received some gifts from a brand of sportswear :dance3:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Donovan is back in Mexico City and landing some 3As in the ice rink at Santa Fe...perhaps there is a competition or exhibition going on? Or I wonder if he comes here as a teacher to earn some extra money for the things he needs for skating.