Donovan Carrillo | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Donovan skates in the second group (11) http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/jgpsvk2018/SEG001.HTM

Time: (Facebbok Donovan Carrillo Latinoamérica)

[-8 hrs] Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
[-7 hrs ] Colombia, Ecuador, México, Panamá, Perú
[-6 hrs] Bolivia, Canadá, Estados Unidos, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Venezuela
[-5 hrs] Argentina, Chile, Uruguay
[same time] España, Hungría

:hap10:

Grap74

On the Ice
Donovan skates in the second group (11) http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/jgpsvk2018/SEG001.HTM

Time: (Facebbok Donovan Carrillo Latinoamérica)

[-8 hrs] Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
[-7 hrs ] Colombia, Ecuador, México, Panamá, Perú
[-6 hrs] Bolivia, Canadá, Estados Unidos, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Venezuela
[-5 hrs] Argentina, Chile, Uruguay
[same time] España, Hungría

:hap10:

Thanks maryeli! Hope he has a great skate. Go Donovan! ¡Mucho éxito!

Ulrica

On the Ice
He needs to work on his triple axel but aside from that I really liked the program, let's hope that after the FP he gets in top 10 :)

Spinning

On the Ice
Maybe a little more work on his stamina. He look out of breath half way through. Nice to see his progress in a good direction. I hope he will do something a bit more fun for the SP to show off his personality. He is such a charming young man.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
That is not an easy program, and not an easy one to do with a small audience. I look forward to seeing it with an engaged audience. I think it has a lot of promise but needs time to grow. I also think his coach deserves a lot of credit as a choreographer as that is a great program.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
A year ago, in the JGP Brisbane, Donovan got 51 points in his short program (he also had a fall and it was the previous qualification system) and today, despite having a new rating system and a new program he got 58 points, It is quite an achievement and I am certain that if he manages to calm those nerves as he did in Milan, it could surprise more than one.

Donovan skates tomorrow in the third group, after Luke Digbi, 4:07 PM to 4:14 PM (time Bratislava)

Ánimo Donovan! :cheer:

PS: If Donovan dedicates the free program to his mother I have the impression that we will end up in tears of emotion :hopelessness:

Ulrica

On the Ice
The triple axel just wasn't cooperating today :( but he still got high presentation marks!

What do you guys think of the program? I loved it :luv17: really shows off his charm, his presentation skills and interpretation are soooo good :thumbsup:

MajaHled

Rinkside
Nice job Donovan! Real shame about the Axel (and the time deduction), but I believe he'll get there soon :) He's a real charmer, a joy to watch. It must be hard to connect to the audience when there isn't too much of it lol. Though it mostly only looks that way cause the arena is pretty big. He definitely got me cheering :D

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63A1WkuikJE

Both programs are really amazing, Donovan seemed a bit tired (jetlag, over training?) But he left everything on the ice rink so: Thank you Donovan! :clap:
I hope that Donovan participate in another JGP and series challenger (does anyone know if he will participate in the Open Mexico in September?)

:cool14:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
This interview almost made me cry ...

https://www.proceso.com.mx/548333/d...cuparme-mas-por-patinar-y-menos-por-el-dinero

"I need to worry more about skating and less about money"

Presenting a routine with music by Juan Gabriel in an international skating competition was a double-edged sword for Donovan Carrillo: he became famous, but he was also attacked. Forged from the culture of effort, "always willing to suffer," this 18-year-old is the only opportunity that Mexico has to classify in the specialty to the Beijing Olympic Games 2022. However, the lack of support puts at risk his goal. While the Mexican sports authorities turn their backs-they didn't pay attention to him when he asked for a uniform-a Chinese company already had his eye on him.

:palmf:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This interview almost made me cry ...

https://www.proceso.com.mx/548333/d...cuparme-mas-por-patinar-y-menos-por-el-dinero

"I need to worry more about skating and less about money"

Presenting a routine with music by Juan Gabriel in an international skating competition was a double-edged sword for Donovan Carrillo: he became famous, but he was also attacked. Forged from the culture of effort, "always willing to suffer," this 18-year-old is the only opportunity that Mexico has to classify in the specialty to the Beijing Olympic Games 2022. However, the lack of support puts at risk his goal. While the Mexican sports authorities turn their backs-they didn't pay attention to him when he asked for a uniform-a Chinese company already had his eye on him.

:palmf:

This makes me cry too :sad21: Donovan has accomplished so much with such limited training circumstances, and the Mexican government does not appear to know what a treasure they have in him. I hope that he will get the aid he needs.:pray:

MajaHled

Rinkside
It's such a shame that a talented skater like Donovan has to go through so much hardship :( maybe he could do a GoFundMe or something, I'm pretty sure there'd be plenty of people happy to support him.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the GoFundMe is a good idea. Even if it didn't pay for everything, it could at least take the financial pressure off a little bit.