Questionaire about next JGP season | Golden Skate

Questionaire about next JGP season

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. Who newly eligible skater will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

2. Among those skaters who haven't skated any JGP events but who would have been eligible already this season, who will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

3. Who are the current less known skaters in each disciplines who might become a real JGP Final medal contenders during next JGP season?

4. How many junior ladies will score above 200 points during next JGP season?

5. How many junior ladies will land a fully rotated quad next JGP season?

6. How many junior ladies will land a fully rotated 3A next JGP season?

7. Which, if any, Sasha Trusova's current World Junior record will stand after next JGP season?

8. Will Sui/Han's old junior FS record of 118.54 points, which they have held since 2011, finally fall next JGP season? If so, which team will break it?

9. Which current World junior records will be broken during next JGP season?

10. Who will score the highest FS TES of the JGP season, a man or a lady?

11. How many junior ladies will score above 80 FS TES points during next JGP season? How about above 90 FS TES points?

12. How many japanese ladies make it to the JGP Final?

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. Who newly eligible skater will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

Both Alena Kanysheva and Ksenia Sinitsyna are ready to make big impact next season. Whether they both will get their chances to skate JGP event(s) or not remains to be seen.

2. Among those skaters who haven't skated any JGP events but who would have been eligible already this season, who will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

Anna Shcherbakova, obviously.

3. Who are the current less known skaters in each disciplines who might become a real JGP Final medal contenders during next JGP season?

Men: Anyone who can learn a quad, or two, by the time JGP starts.
Ladies: Shcherbakova, Vasilieva, Kanysheva, Sinitsyna.
Pairs: Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Atakhanova/Volodin, Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov.
Dance: Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov, Konkina/Yakushev.

4. How many junior ladies will score above 200 points during next JGP season?

Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaia for sure.
Gubanova for sure assuming she doesn't move to seniors.
Tarakanova can obviously do it.
Panenkova can do it also if she doesn't move to seniors which is something she might do.

So, it would say at least 5.

5. How many junior ladies will land a fully rotated quad next JGP season?

Two, Trusova and Shcherbakova.

6. How many junior ladies will land a fully rotated 3A next JGP season?

Kostornaia for sure but I am not sure about the others. Kihira will be senior eligible and I don't expect to see 3A from sasha or Anna.

7. Which, if any, Sasha Trusova's current World Junior record will stand after next JGP season?

I totally expect that the SP record will be broken by either Sasha herself or by Alena or Anna.

8. Will Sui/Han's old junior FS record of 118.54 points, which they have held since 2011, finally fall next JGP season? If so, which team will break it?

Yes, I think this record will fall next season. Obviously Pavliuchenko/Khodykin can break this record but there are also other Russian teams who can break this record. But I think it will be Pavliuchenko/Khodykin who will break this old record.

9. Which current World junior records will be broken during next JGP season?

Ladies SP score.
Pairs SP, FS and Total scores.

10. Who will score the highest FS TES of the JGP season, a man or a lady?

A Lady.

11. How many junior ladies will score above 80 FS TES points during next JGP season? How about above 90 FS TES points?

Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaia can score above 80 FS TES points for sure.

12. How many japanese ladies make it to the JGP Final?

Trusova, Kostornaia, Shcherbakova, Gubanova, Panenkova, Tarakanova, Vasilieva, Kanysheva and Sinitsyna will make a Really Really great team and assuming Russian Fed will give 6 skaters two JGP events, which is something that didn't happen this season, then there is real chance that we could see all Russian JGP Final.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Interesting, but for what we actually know i think there isn't much room to argue about.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Uhhhh, the title is a little misleading.

The JGP is waaaaaay more than the ladies.

I loooooved the men’s competitions this year, so thrilling, so different, such a wonderful mixture of styles, strengths and countries :hap10: I hope they keep it up.

I don’t recognize 90% of the names mentioned in the OP, and I don’t think I’ve seen any of them skate, I wouldn’t recognize any of their photos for love or money, so I’m afraid. :bed: no opinion.:biggrin:

le01

Rinkside
Uhhhh, the title is a little misleading.

I loooooved the men’s competitions this year, so thrilling, so different, such a wonderful mixture of styles, strengths and countries :hap10: I hope they keep it up.

I don’t recognize 90% of the names mentioned in the OP, and I don’t think I’ve seen any of them skate, I wouldn’t recognize any of their photos for love or money, so I’m afraid. :bed: no opinion.:biggrin:

I actually thought men's JPG event was extremely weak and boring, hoping to see some new junior skaters next season.

The Finn

Record Breaker

There are questions about other disciplines also. Most of the question are about ladies though, but then again it is by far the most interesting discipline for most people.

I don’t recognize 90% of the names mentioned in the OP, and I don’t think I’ve seen any of them skate

I am pretty sure that every single one of them has a fan thread here already, so, go check them out. Their fan threads should have plenty of videos.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually thought men's JPG event was extremely weak and boring, hoping to see some new junior skaters next season.

I think this is a matter of different strokes for different folks.

I love artistry. I love spins. I love footwork. I love emotion and performance. I could care less about jumps, other than that a skater lands them and they are integrated into a well balanced program.

Jumps for jumps sake, without any of those. Wow, another jump, another revolution. For me, Meh:yawn::yawn::yawn: Not enough time in the day for *me* to watch programs like that...

Junior men, however, were not jumps for jumps skate, Thank god. Alexei Krasnozhon with his wild jumps and fierce demeanor, Camden Pulkinen, smooooth as silk, my Andrew Torgashev, who did not have a great season by his standards, but oh my heavens, I saw that Roxanne program live, and what footwork, what performance chops, what a connection with the audience! I was thrilled. I also saw Donovan Carrillo at that comp, and his smile could light up a rink. Instant :love:

This junior men’s season was really enjoyable for me.

I follow the men, both senior and junior, and other skaters very sporadically, so I would probably not be following the ladies intently in any event. I do know they probably have many more fans, because ladies’ skating has many more fans, it is the way of the skating world. Yay for the ladies (sincerely, not snarky):clap:

I do have a question. If I had to watch one junior ladies skater, by my criteria, who would that be? The Jason Brown, Deniss Vasiljevs, Misha Ge Donovan Carrillo of junior ladies’ skating, who would that be? Remember, I personally am not impressed by number of jumps or number of revolutions or landing 8 jumps in the last 30 seconds of the program. Someone once recommended Emmy Ma and she seemed to have that factor. Anyone else?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Every time I tuned into a JGP men’s event this season I was sorely disappointed. I’m glad some people found good performances but what I saw was splats and more splats. The Ladies JGPF was probably the strongest event I saw all season. That’s the standard I hope see going forward. Variety of style and a strong ability to land the elements and push the boundaries at the same time.

I’ve enjoyed Men’s JGP in the past but this season was a bit of a :slink: for me. I hope they improve next year.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does pushing boundaries include only jumps? That to me is staying inside the safe zone of “wheeee, I can revolve”? Did any junior lady push boundaries of spins, footwork, performance and well balanced programs, as did the men?

If there is a Donovan Carrillo or Andrew Torgashev of junior ladies, let me know. Maybe I’ll give those videos a whirl....;)

But in any event, The Finn asked good questions and we are straying.....

As everyone knows, I could give a rat’s patootie about quads, and if a man landing a quad is the only criterion of whether a man makes an “impact”, well:no::no::no:

Not my definition of “impact”.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Is not all about the ladies, but is also obvious that the competition between them is at higher standard and more comparable to senior event.

If I had to watch one junior ladies skater, by my criteria, who would that be? The Jason Brown, Deniss Vasiljevs, Misha Ge Donovan Carrillo of junior ladies’ skating, who would that be?

It's a matter of taste, but i think you may see at least Kostornaia, Scherbakova and Tarakanova.

JGP Final - Kostornaia SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMw4rLO7sD8
Cup of Russia Final - Shcherbakova FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1aFQI47Css
JGP Final - Tarakanova FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvbrE7IG7nw

The sunny-girl is Trusova, but her joy is more about jumping better than men :biggrin:
Her smile at the World Junior gala was RADIANT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4jkHGSB7o&vl=en

The Finn

Record Breaker

I totally expect that the SP record will be broken by either Sasha herself or by Alena or Anna.

With 4Lz Anna will have a very good chance to beat Sasha's records.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBmNWLr946E

Obviously Sasha can beat her own records, so, who knows maybe we will see multiple new World Junior Records next season scored by multiple Russian ladies.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anna making history with the first 4Lutz and Anna becoming the junior world champion with an actual world record score beyond even the seniors would be a dream season.

tars

Record Breaker
Anna making history with the first 4Lutz and Anna becoming the junior world champion with an actual world record score beyond even the seniors would be a dream season.
Nice projection, but I think Trusova's record will surivive at least 5 years or so... :drama:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Disagree. Either Trusova herself or Sherbakova will break the record sooner than that.
Yep, agreed. It wasn't such a miracle skate by Trusova in my opinion, even she herself can do better. And "5 years" would mean it'd survive the 07-08 age group as well, which I really wouldn't be so confident about even if Trusova and Shcherbakova don't manage...

tars

Record Breaker
Yep, agreed. It wasn't such a miracle skate by Trusova in my opinion, even she herself can do better.
How? :eek:
It was her best skate ever, she'd been falling on quads through the whole season, not to mention executing two quads.
I wish her well, but it might have been her miracle skate. It was perfection! :love:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
How? :eek:
It was her best skate ever, she'd been falling on quads through the whole season, not to mention executing two quads.
I wish her well, but it might have been her miracle skate. It was perfection! :love:
Because she said that she had recently had a good success rate in practice, was it having clean runthroughs of the FS including both quads 70% of the time if my memory serves me right. That means that it's very possible that she can have a similar performance in the future even assuming she doesn't improve her arsenal(Higher PCS, better quality quads and jumps in general). Then it's also possible that she'll improve, for instance: Adding 3A, adding 4Lz, adding a quad combo.

Early in the season she didn't have her quads in the same state as she did at the end of the season.

Even if we don't consider Trusova, Shcherbakova should have higher scoring potential than that FS by Trusova if she lands 2-3 quads.