Single events tickets sale | Golden Skate

Single events tickets sale

nobutan

Rinkside
Single Session Tickets Info: 2018 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
OTTAWA, ON: Single session tickets for the 2018 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final will go on sale Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. PT. The event will take place in Vancouver, B.C., at the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre from December 6-9, 2018.

Single session tickets begin at $60, plus applicable taxes and surcharges and prices range by session. Tickets for the Wednesday practices are only $25, plus applicable taxes and surcharges. Tickets can be purchased online at ticketmaster.ca and by phone at 1-855-985-5000. Please note that All Event Tickets will no longer be available.

Super Fan Bags are available for $75, plus applicable taxes and surcharges until September 30, 2018. Super Fan Bag includes a commemorative blanket, event pin, event program and stylish bag. Fans will receive a voucher for the Super Fan Bag that is exchanged at the area during the event.

EVENT INFO
The ISU Grand Prix Final is the concluding event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating circuit. The series hosts six stops: United States (Skate America), Canada (Skate Canada International), Russia (Rostelecom Cup), France (Internationaux de France), China (Cup of China), and Japan (NHK Trophy). Skaters are awarded points based on their placements at their assigned events and the top six in each of the four disciplines advance to the final.

The event will also include the 2018 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final. The world’s top junior skaters also collect points to qualify, through seven events which change location yearly. The top six in men’s, ladies, pair and ice dance, based on the results of the Junior Grand Prix series, advance to the Junior Final.

In total, there will be 48 entries and 72 skaters taking part in the event in both senior and junior.

This will be the city’s first time hosting this event. Vancouver has hosted the Canadian Tire National Skating Championships six times. The have also hosted several international figure skating events: the 2009 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, 2001 & 1960 ISU World Figure Skating Championships and the 1978 Skate Canada International.

The ISU Grand Prix Final began in 1995 and the first three editions of the competition were titled the Champions Series Final. During the 1998-99 season the name changed to the current title.

Last edited by a moderator:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Actually, I think what they're saying is that they wait longer for the full event tickets to sell more before they release the one-offs. Like, they want to encourage all-event ticket sales, obviously, because those are more expensive, so they want to put off releasing the a la carte tickets. I don't think you have anything to worry about - I think you'll just have to wait a whiiiiile. :)

It would be extremely rare for them not to reserve certain single-event tickets specifically for that purpose. I don't think you'll be among the all-event ones, depending on how SC sections them off.

nobutan

Rinkside
Actually, I think what they're saying is that they wait longer for the full event tickets to sell more before they release the one-offs. Like, they want to encourage all-event ticket sales, obviously, because those are more expensive, so they want to put off releasing the a la carte tickets. I don't think you have anything to worry about - I think you'll just have to wait a whiiiiile. :)

It would be extremely rare for them not to reserve certain single-event tickets specifically for that purpose. I don't think you'll be among the all-event ones, depending on how SC sections them off.

Thank you!!! I will be patiently wait for it then

jslhy2

Spectator
I am happy that I saw this thread as I have the same question...
If there is sales for single event tickets, usually when will the sales start?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think you can get on the Skate Canada notification list, and they will send you a email notice a few days before the sale starts.

For Canadian Nationals, the single ticket sales were a couple of months before the event.

jslhy2

Spectator
I think you can get on the Skate Canada notification list, and they will send you a email notice a few days before the sale starts.

For Canadian Nationals, the single ticket sales were a couple of months before the event.

Yes~~I have already subscribed for the email list.
I am just a bit nervous as I saw that all all-event tickets sold out:(

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Hi Nana Pat -- Have you been to this venue? I seem to recall someone being at the venue, and I thought maybe it was you. If so, is it small enough that most seats will be pretty decent? I have reserved a room at the West Coast Suites but can't decide whether to get my tickets now or wait. From what I can tell, W. C. Suites is within walking distance of the venue. Thx in advance if you can give any help.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hi Nana Pat -- Have you been to this venue? I seem to recall someone being at the venue, and I thought maybe it was you. If so, is it small enough that most seats will be pretty decent? I have reserved a room at the West Coast Suites but can't decide whether to get my tickets now or wait. From what I can tell, W. C. Suites is within walking distance of the venue. Thx in advance if you can give any help.

Yes, I was there for Canadian Nationals. Probably a bunch of other posters were as well.

It's not really a small venue, but it isn't huge either. I got my tickets late, they're not good at all, and they're in row 21, so that gives you an idea of the venue size.

The venue is very "bare bones"; there's a lot of concrete and no luxury to be seen. Some people complained about the seats and recommended bringing a cushion; they didn't seem so bad to me (not nearly as bad as coach class on a plane). It was way crowded during Canadian Nationals: huge line-ups for everything, and no place to sit in the lobby. They had set up tables for additional food sales, which restricted traffic even more. It wouldn't be bad if you just went there for a SOI show, but spending 10.5 hours straight there was pretty basic. They searched bags going in, but I smuggled in large candy bars with no problem. I joked that they were looking for an 18 inch telephoto lens and bucket of fried chicken, not for small forbidden articles.

I was on the aisle, and I really liked that, as we could bolt for the washroom as soon as someone finished skating and be back in time to see the next skater. I walked all the way around the arena at each major break, as I was getting cold and creaky from too much sitting. The only time I didn't make it around was when people were coming in for the last session, and foot traffic was totally stalled. I turned around and went back the way I came rather than try to make it through the scrum.

I didn't actually see the West Coast Suites: the map show it to be about 400m from the arena. So not far, but you can bet it will be chilly and raining. I stayed at Triumf House, which is much closer, and really liked it. As of now, Triumf House isn't taking reservations and West Coast Suites is full. If you cancel your West Coast Suites reservation, send me a PM in advance so I can try to snag your room!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whole post.

Thx so much! Very helpful! I'll have to remember to bring my seat cushion if I decide to go. Ah, the proximity of West Coast Suites is better than I thought. At Worlds, I met someone who has a reservation there, and she was insisting the hotel was more than a mile away. I didn't think it seemed that far. So that's good news. Anyway, thank you for your response! Appreciate it! I'm sure it would be a great time, but it always seems like there are so many little details to pull together, and it's an especially busy time so near to the holidays. Have a wonderful time!

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I did go online to see tickets yesterday and they are sold out. I assume they will not be releasing more seats as it is already November. They should of maybe held it in a larger venue?