Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

GuyFromCanada

Spectator
You can watch the show at the official Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXuZCgI4QQ. Hosts are Alexei Yagudin and Evgenia Medvedeva. Coaches are Tatiana Navka, Roman Kostomarov, Maxim Trankov and Ilia Averbukh. Tatiana Tarasova is the head judge/expert. Some skaters to take note of:

1. Maria Markholia at 3:55
2. Ilia Makarov/Evelina Pokrasnetieva at 16:26
3. Aleksa Volkova at 21:37, daughter of Aleksandr Volkov and Martine Degenais.
4. Sofia Zaitseva/Nikita Efimov at 27:18.
5. Elizaveta Berestovskaya at 46:12, triple jumps! We'll probably see her in the future.
6. Sofia Akatieva at 58:22.
7. Kristina Eremenko/Matvei Samokhin at 1:10:31, son of Denis Samokhin.
8. Zoya Pestova/Dmitriy Simonov at 1:25:00
9. Samira Gazizova/Vlad Mikhailov at 1:38:18
10. Diana Zubkova at 1:44:30.
11 Anastasia Lukinskaya/Grigoriy Rodin at 1:49:40.

tars

Record Breaker
I bet seeing red colour :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree: is quite an experience for 8yo children. :rolleye:
They probably wanted tears and despair for TV ratings, unfortunately for them, those Russian kids are tough as nails. :sarcasm:

russianfan

Match Penalty
Should be noted that most of those kids are professional skaters, one of the bests in Russia among their age. For example, Akatieva's jumps were 3Lz-3T, 3F(fall). Berestovskaya's jumps are 3Lo, 3S. 10yo kids! :bow:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I bet seeing red colour :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree: is quite an experience for 8yo children. :rolleye:
They probably wanted tears and despair for TV ratings, unfortunately for them, those Russian kids are tough as nails. :sarcasm:

Well I mean, if it's a competition they can't expect everyone to go through, I'm sure they were explained how it worked. We have a talent show for kids in Italy and they get eliminated too, it's just how the game works - as long as the judges were nice about it it's fine (which idk because I don't speak Russian)

moriel

Record Breaker
very nice :biggrin:

Averbuch to 8yo girl

Yep, and TAT is just rude basically all time =)

Overall though, those kids are not just some random kids from the nearest rink, they have a pretty decent competition experience right now, so I suppose they will survive.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
How do the kids get eliminated? Akatieva for example received only one positive vote from judges. Is she in or eliminated?
Berestovskaya is adorable.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Akatieva is in because she got a vote of approval

Totally agree, Berestovskaya is a gem

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
How do the kids get eliminated? Akatieva for example received only one positive vote from judges. Is she in or eliminated?

Now every coach shows, that he is ready to take this kid (or not ready to take). If only one of the coaches take the kid - this kid is in his (her) team. If more than one coach agrees to take the kid - they choose one coach for this kid.
Every coach will have 3 single skaters and 3 pairs (dancers).

Russians too would prefer to see only green thumbs.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Maxim Zavosin's son was also in the show and qualified to the next round, as far as I could understand.

There is a difference between hearing criticism from coaches and judges at a usual competition vs having celebrities do it to you on a television program, which none of these kids has ever experienced before. I couldn't understand the criteria for judging anyway, as I thought a few of those who weren't taken were more interesting than those who were. Probably won't watch any more.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Now every coach shows, that he is ready to take this kid (or not ready to take). If only one of the coaches take the kid - this kid is in his (her) team. If more than one coach agrees to take the kid - they choose one coach for this kid.
Every coach will have 3 single skaters and 3 pairs (dancers).

Russians too would prefer to see only green thumbs.

Thanks. So it's like "the voice".

I couldn't understand the criteria for judging anyway, as I thought a few of those who weren't taken were more interesting than those who were. Probably won't watch any more.

Me either. I didn't understand why some were eliminated. I don't like this kind of tv show anyway. Toi much unfairness sometimes.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Well I mean, if it's a competition they can't expect everyone to go through, I'm sure they were explained how it worked. We have a talent show for kids in Italy and they get eliminated too, it's just how the game works - as long as the judges were nice about it it's fine (which idk because I don't speak Russian)

You're can turn on subtitles and then choose a language in settings. It's far from perfect, but will help understand the general gist.

millie

Medalist
Probably the ones that are elimated are the lucky ones...Some of these skaters are only babies...When I read the caption “Ice Age Kids”, ice age kids yes but Ice Age tactics.

tars

Record Breaker
I like the show, it certainly popularizes the sport, it's just some stupid details like red :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree: and sometimes very harsh commentary that are spoiling the overall idea which is OK imo.

Russian skating kids are tough and resilient to honest criticism, but there is no need to be unkind to them in front of million viewers. :confused2:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Why did Aleksa Volkova get kicked out for doing a well-exceuted 2Lz-2T combo with a correct edge while Diana Zubkova went on to the next round with a 3flutz<<-2T and a 2A<(fall)?? :confused:

russianfan

Match Penalty
Why did Aleksa Volkova get kicked out for doing a well-exceuted 2Lz-2T combo with a correct edge while Diana Zubkova went on to the next round with a 3flutz<<-2T and a 2A<(fall)?? :confused:

don't even try to find logic in a show where TAT serves one of the main roles :biggrin: