Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Elucidus

Match Penalty
No, to Yagudin. She called him bastard or however it could be translated in English. It was when Yagudin was sitting and talking with a boy who broke his finger. And she said that without a hint of humor.

Well yes - TAT is a very rude woman - it's a known fact :rolleye:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
thanks for the translation, fancy doing the rest of the show?! [emoji6]

"The rest"? :) No.

When all Kostomarov's kids came to Yagudin, Yagudin asked the only girl without make-up: "If I get it right, you are the only one who feels good in this team?"
Later Kostomarov was saying, that Trankov's tigress could have less paint on her face, so that we could see her real emotions.
Yagudin: Mashka doesn't have any make-up! This is her real face.
Trankov: Kostomarov didn't like the make-up! Has he seen his dirty-facoids?

I think the last boy who skated is lyosha’s favourite though, just from the way he interacts with him.
Oh, sure! :) Arseniy is the only one whom Yagudin tried to kick, when the boys didn't leave after Yagudin's words: "Mark and Arseniy go to Ilya Averbukh, and Diana stays with me". Yagudin couldn't start speaking to crying Diana, he added: "Come on, guys! Go away, break windows."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qj0rmWzu7Y&t=1h52m00s

(Yagudin asked Arseniy after his program whether Arseniy threw stones at windows indeed. Arseniy says he did. "Do people who live there, know that you threw stones at their windows?" "They don't, I ran away.")

Elucidus

Match Penalty
how cute is lyosha with the these kids... he’s just the sweetest man[emoji7]

Yagudin is definitely the best part of the show. His interactions with kids aren't forced and he is great at talking to both the winning and the losing kids.

I can’t imagine anyone better than him for this show, I don’t understand a word of Russian but I enjoy watching nonetheless. .

I concur. Nevertheless it would never be tolerated in similar US show I suppose. I mean all his kissing and hugging crying girls behavior. I am completely supporting it btw - but this is blatant difference in mentality between Russia and USA - in how they treat their kids.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
(Yagudin asked Arseniy after his program whether Arseniy threw stones at windows indeed. Arseniy says he did. "Do people who live there, know that you threw stones at their windows?" "They don't, I ran away.")

Again difference in mentality. I am not sure how americans would treat the kid admitting his crime in public. In Russia kids pranks aren't considered as something really bad even if they violate the law (to a degree ofcourse). Moreover violating the law isn't considered as something catastrophic and uthinkable as in other countries. People there don't like and respect police, they don't like government officials due to huge corruption there - therefore they tends to cut corners at every opportunity.

madison

Record Breaker
Again difference in mentality. I am not sure how americans would treat the kid admitting his crime in public. In Russia kids pranks aren't considered as something really bad even if they violate the law (to a degree ofcourse). Moreover violating the law isn't considered as something catastrophic and uthinkable as in other countries. People there don't like and respect police, they don't like government officials due to huge corruption there - therefore they tends to cut corners at every opportunity.

A friend came recently from Moscow and he was really impressed by how the kids behaved. Like they are very disciplined, have patience to wait in line with their parents, don't spend much time on electronic devices, but rather go to museums and cultural shows.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I am not sure how americans would treat the kid admitting his crime in public.
Maybe Arseniy didn't even break any window, it isn't clear. He only said, that he did throw stones.

I think... not every fight between kids becomes "a crime". Though of course, some really bad cases are a crime (usually kids are not small in those cases)... Maybe the same with windows. Usually parents pay for a window (if the adults know who broke the window), talk to their kids, maybe punish their kids...

A friend came recently from Moscow and he was really impressed by how the kids behaved. Like they are very disciplined, have patience to wait in line with their parents, don't spend much time on electronic devices, but rather go to museums and cultural shows.
Really? :) Electronic devices are a problem for Russian parents as well. Some parents don't let their kids play with devices as long as the kids would like to.

:) (Ray Bradbury has a scaring story about electronic devices, it is called "The veldt"...)

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
I concur. Nevertheless it would never be tolerated in similar US show I suppose. I mean all his kissing and hugging crying girls behavior. I am completely supporting it btw - but this is blatant difference in mentality between Russia and USA - in how they treat their kids.

On one hand I’m surprised that we haven’t done a kids version in the uk as the celeb version is big over here, then again you would never see anywhere near the same standard of skating, these kids are amazing, I was just about doing doubles at 8 never mind a triple! we haven’t had decent skaters ( especially singles) since Steven cousins [emoji17]

Manitou

Medalist
No, to Yagudin. She called him bastard or however it could be translated in English. It was when Yagudin was sitting and talking with a boy who broke his finger. And she said that without a hint of humor.

The boy is 13 and is one of the oldest kids on the show. We should expect a lot from that age.
He didn't qualify in the first episode and on his way out he showed a bad attitude - didn't want to talk and appeared disrespectful. Then they gave him a chance and selected him back, but instead of being grateful and focusing on his chance he hurt himself playing soccer. Then he lied about the injury. Generally I wished him to go and I couldn't understand Yagudin's lenient approach to him. TAT was right.

Helena b

Rinkside
The boy is 13 and is one of the oldest kids on the show. We should expect a lot from that age.
He didn't qualify in the first episode and on his way out he showed a bad attitude - didn't want to talk and appeared disrespectful. Then they gave him a chance and selected him back, but instead of being grateful and focusing on his chance he hurt himself playing soccer. Then he lied about the injury. Generally I wished him to go and I couldn't understand Yagudin's lenient approach to him. TAT was right.

She said that to Yagudin, not to the boy.

Anyway, no matter what a child does (especially hurting himself - do you think he did that on purpose?) a grown-up person should not swear in front of them, especially on the TV. It's just so... obvious? She's rude and offensive and probably IS a reason why many people don't even want to watch this show.

Tulipstar

Medalist
On one hand I’m surprised that we haven’t done a kids version in the uk as the celeb version is big over here, then again you would never see anywhere near the same standard of skating, these kids are amazing, I was just about doing doubles at 8 never mind a triple! we haven’t had decent skaters ( especially singles) since Steven cousins [emoji17]

It would be nice to see more countries doing this, indeed. It would help popularize figure skating.

Can see this be big in Japan and the US at least, and they should have enough kids of a decent level skating to make this interesting. Perhaps Korea as well, at least for single skaters?

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Then he lied about the injury. Generally I wished him to go and I couldn't understand Yagudin's lenient approach to him.

Maybe the boy didn't want to lie. Maybe the producers asked him to say the words which he said. So I don't understand you, sorry. I think the boy needed support.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
a grown-up person should not swear in front of them, especially on the TV

As for the word which Tarasova used, I think it isn't so bad, that children can't even hear it. I don't think it would be OK to say so about a kid, but Tarasova can say it to Yagudin who is adult, whom she praises, and praises, and praises. Even if it didn't sound like a joke, isn't it easy to see, that Yagudin is absolutely sure he has no reasons to worry? And Trankov smiles too.
:) I'm more impressed, that Yagudin can say "Tanyushka" about Tatiana Anatolievna - as if she is a little girl - and she doesn't mind, even though she is much elder than him. (Did she notice?)

:) Yagudin looks like a kitten, when Tarasova caresses him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Vyen0eTCI&t=1m48s

:) I even think it can be a lesson for children. Bad words are not absolutely awful. If people do have good relationship, it is more important than this or that word. It is good, when people trust each other and don't fear to say or to hear something wrong.

(of course, those swearing words which are called "mat" wouldn't be OK for TV, but she didn't use "mat")

Helena b

Rinkside
As for the word which Tarasova used, I think it isn't so bad, that children can't even hear it. I don't think it would be OK to say so about a kid, but Tarasova can say it to Yagudin who is adult, whom she praises, and praises, and praises. Even if it didn't sound like a joke, isn't it easy to see, that Yagudin is absolutely sure he has no reasons to worry? And Trankov smiles too.
:) I'm more impressed, that Yagudin can say "Tanyushka" about Tatiana Anatolievna - as if she is a little girl - and she doesn't mind, even though she is much elder than him. (Did she notice?)

:) Yagudin looks like a kitten, when Tarasova caresses him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Vyen0eTCI&t=1m48s

:) I even think it can be a lesson for children. Bad words are not absolutely awful. If people do have good relationship, it is more important than this or that word. It is good, when people trust each other and don't fear to say or to hear something wrong.

(of course, those swearing words which are called "mat" wouldn't be OK for TV, but she didn't use "mat")

I got it, we have different opinions about what's appropriate and what's not. Let's just stop discussing this, because it will lead us nowhere.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I got it, we have different opinions about what's appropriate and what's not. Let's just stop discussing this, because it will lead us nowhere.

I always used to be very polite too. People are different, and kids will live among different people. It's OK.

Tulipstar

Medalist
:) Oh, really? You mean this moment? I think it's OK. I don't know either what is a good translation for this word... The first translations in a dictionary are "rabble", "rascal"... She said it to Yagudin who wouldn't worry about it.

One comment below the video even says, that Maximilian didn't brake anything, that he participated in a competition (April 18-20)... Maybe the producers decided they couldn't say, that somebody had decided to leave the show. I don't know.

Yagudin: Maximilian, where are we sitting? In Kiss and Cry. Why are we here, not on the ice? Maybe you could tell this story.
Maximilian: I'm not on the ice, because I'm injured, so I can't skate at this show.
Yagudin: Where did we brake a finger?
Maximilian: At the training.
Yagudin: What sport was it?
Maximilian: The figure skating.
Trankov: Say the truth, why not?
Yagudin: Say the truth!
Maximilian: I broke the finger, because I was playing football.
Yagudin: Well done!!!
Trankov: All the country is fond of football!
Yagudin: All the country is fond of football which somehow still doesn't bring us that happiness which we expect from them. Now I'll tell a story in order to support you. I don't remember what a season it was, Tatiana Anatolievna went away only for a week, saying: "Please, just don't do anything needless! Can you do without me for a few days?" I say: "Tatiana Anatolievna, the task is clear!" We were going to the Grand Prix Final in Japan. Tatiana Anatolievna comes back, says: "Lyoshechka, why are you limping?" I say: "I twisted my ankle." She says: "Where?" I say: "Of course, on the ice!" Yet (like in your case) it wasn't the truth: Lyoshka went to play tennis, and when I returned from the courts, I stepped on a tennis ball and twisted my ankle - this is true indeed. We lost at the Grand Prix Final, yet later Lyoshka and Tanyushka (he means TAT) won the Olympic gold. So forget about football and return to our figure skating family...
TAT: What family?? How many years have you been lying??
Yagudin: I hear Tatiana Anatolievna shouting something, I'm afraid she doesn't support me. Yes, Tatiana Anatolievna?
TAT: A rascal!
Yagudin (almost laughs): A rascal?
Trankov: It is said to him, not to you.
Yagudin: It is said to me. You are a good boy. (even though you were not so good when you were playing football) Take care, please. And return to the ice soon. Give me five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27lCAJ_zXt4

Well, if it was just a decision of the boy's family, Yagudin and Trankov helped them to leave...

Oh, now I get it. That makes it actually quite funny.
I watch with automatic subtitles from youtube, so only get about 30% if that, since the translation is not very good. I was wondering what was going on, haha.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I had a happy childhood in a loving family, but often I was shy to ask for something, shy to speak. I was repeating a simple phrase inside of my head again, and again, and again - and only after that maybe I could say it at last.

:luv17: So... yes, I do think, that some kids need to learn not to worry too much about every word. Though of course, real feelings of people are important, real relations are important. I think some kids need to see, that a rude word is not the end of the world, that it is possible to smile.

teapot

Rinkside
She said that to Yagudin, not to the boy.

Anyway, no matter what a child does (especially hurting himself - do you think he did that on purpose?) a grown-up person should not swear in front of them, especially on the TV. It's just so... obvious? She's rude and offensive and probably IS a reason why many people don't even want to watch this show.

Tarasova was probably mad because she always thought that Yagudin was injured during the training. She did not realize until now that Yagudin was injured because he played tennis. I agree, that's actually funny. She said that with a smile on her face. It's the special affection between them. And IIRC, that's not GPF, that's 01 worlds.