Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina RUS View Post
    As for the word which Tarasova used, I think it isn't so bad, that children can't even hear it. I don't think it would be OK to say so about a kid, but Tarasova can say it to Yagudin who is adult, whom she praises, and praises, and praises. Even if it didn't sound like a joke, isn't it easy to see, that Yagudin is absolutely sure he has no reasons to worry? And Trankov smiles too.
    I'm more impressed, that Yagudin can say "Tanyushka" about Tatiana Anatolievna - as if she is a little girl - and she doesn't mind, even though she is much elder than him. (Did she notice?)

Yagudin looks like a kitten, when Tarasova caresses him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Vyen0eTCI&t=1m48s

I even think it can be a lesson for children. Bad words are not absolutely awful. If people do have good relationship, it is more important than this or that word. It is good, when people trust each other and don't fear to say or to hear something wrong.

(of course, those swearing words which are called "mat" wouldn't be OK for TV, but she didn't use "mat")
    I got it, we have different opinions about what's appropriate and what's not. Let's just stop discussing this, because it will lead us nowhere.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena b View Post
    I got it, we have different opinions about what's appropriate and what's not. Let's just stop discussing this, because it will lead us nowhere.
    I always used to be very polite too. People are different, and kids will live among different people. It's OK.

Tripping on the Podium Tulipstar's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina RUS View Post
    Oh, really? You mean this moment? I think it's OK. I don't know either what is a good translation for this word... The first translations in a dictionary are "rabble", "rascal"... She said it to Yagudin who wouldn't worry about it.

One comment below the video even says, that Maximilian didn't brake anything, that he participated in a competition (April 18-20)... Maybe the producers decided they couldn't say, that somebody had decided to leave the show. I don't know.

Yagudin: Maximilian, where are we sitting? In Kiss and Cry. Why are we here, not on the ice? Maybe you could tell this story.
    Maximilian: I'm not on the ice, because I'm injured, so I can't skate at this show.
    Yagudin: Where did we brake a finger?
    Maximilian: At the training.
    Yagudin: What sport was it?
    Maximilian: The figure skating.
    Trankov: Say the truth, why not?
    Yagudin: Say the truth!
    Maximilian: I broke the finger, because I was playing football.
    Yagudin: Well done!!!
    Trankov: All the country is fond of football!
    Yagudin: All the country is fond of football which somehow still doesn't bring us that happiness which we expect from them. Now I'll tell a story in order to support you. I don't remember what a season it was, Tatiana Anatolievna went away only for a week, saying: "Please, just don't do anything needless! Can you do without me for a few days?" I say: "Tatiana Anatolievna, the task is clear!" We were going to the Grand Prix Final in Japan. Tatiana Anatolievna comes back, says: "Lyoshechka, why are you limping?" I say: "I twisted my ankle." She says: "Where?" I say: "Of course, on the ice!" Yet (like in your case) it wasn't the truth: Lyoshka went to play tennis, and when I returned from the courts, I stepped on a tennis ball and twisted my ankle - this is true indeed. We lost at the Grand Prix Final, yet later Lyoshka and Tanyushka (he means TAT) won the Olympic gold. So forget about football and return to our figure skating family...
    TAT: What family?? How many years have you been lying??
    Yagudin: I hear Tatiana Anatolievna shouting something, I'm afraid she doesn't support me. Yes, Tatiana Anatolievna?
    TAT: A rascal!
    Yagudin (almost laughs): A rascal?
    Trankov: It is said to him, not to you.
    Yagudin: It is said to me. You are a good boy. (even though you were not so good when you were playing football) Take care, please. And return to the ice soon. Give me five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27lCAJ_zXt4

Well, if it was just a decision of the boy's family, Yagudin and Trankov helped them to leave...
    Oh, now I get it. That makes it actually quite funny.
    I watch with automatic subtitles from youtube, so only get about 30% if that, since the translation is not very good. I was wondering what was going on, haha.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I had a happy childhood in a loving family, but often I was shy to ask for something, shy to speak. I was repeating a simple phrase inside of my head again, and again, and again - and only after that maybe I could say it at last.

So... yes, I do think, that some kids need to learn not to worry too much about every word. Though of course, real feelings of people are important, real relations are important. I think some kids need to see, that a rude word is not the end of the world, that it is possible to smile.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena b View Post
    She said that to Yagudin, not to the boy.

Anyway, no matter what a child does (especially hurting himself - do you think he did that on purpose?) a grown-up person should not swear in front of them, especially on the TV. It's just so... obvious? She's rude and offensive and probably IS a reason why many people don't even want to watch this show.
    Tarasova was probably mad because she always thought that Yagudin was injured during the training. She did not realize until now that Yagudin was injured because he played tennis. I agree, that's actually funny. She said that with a smile on her face. It's the special affection between them. And IIRC, that's not GPF, that's 01 worlds.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina Rin View Post
    There are all soundtracks here. You need the fifteenth from above.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Maybe Tarasova knew, maybe she didn't. He tells about that tennis ball not for the first time.

It was said, that Tarasova "should leave this show immediately". Sorry, but for me it sounds almost like "they would better send their kid to an orphanage", even though I can't say, that I like everything about Tarasova. This team is almost a family indeed.

We think we can judge Tarasova, can judge Medvedeva... (Yet Yagudin doesn't think, that people who come to his Instagram with weird advices, are polite to him. So he doesn't think he must be polite to them.)

I think Tarasova will stay with them, if she feels she can do it in her age. I think Medvedeva will stay with them till the end of this "season". The same was with Mikheyeva in 2016: people were writing they didn't like her, the hosts just had to keep working till the end, to do all they could and to be patient.

Tripping on the Podium Tulipstar's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I think Medvedeva does quite well. She had a difficult task in the first two episodes where her task was to talk to kids who had just lost.
    She's nice to the kids and it's not like she has low energy or anything like that.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10