Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Watching this performance by Zinina, it's incredible how much worse her ballet arms are than Zhilina's, who is over a year younger. She was scored through the roof by Mishin and Sotnikova for some unknown reason. Why would anyone give 5.8 in tech for a 3-2 and a fallen triple? At least TAT gave 5.5.

On Akatieva's performance, I really am not a huge fan of a program like this. I feel like the choreo really let her down, especially in comparison to the last one. Still, it's incredible how much better her skating skills are than Zinina's. Also, she did the Kostornaia entry to her Flip, and the Flip looked to have a better edge than usual. I really would like to know what Mishin and the other one who only gave her 5.9 for tech are smoking.

Ah, after watching Berestovskaya's performance I don't think there's any question she should win. That was the best of the night by far. And not for just ladies.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
Yagudin snorting when he laughed.. cutest thing ever! Was Tat telling him off for not paying attention when she speaking or something?

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Yagudin snorting when he laughed.. cutest thing ever! Was Tat telling him off for not paying attention when she speaking or something?

You didn't guess. :coffee:
Bestemianova said, that Lukinskaya and Rodin were really good at making people laugh and smile, that it isn't easy to do: "We were ready to throw ourselves to the ice, as Tatiana Anatolievna would say".
Yagudin: "Oh! You? Where are you going, Tatiana Anatolievna? One just gives a wink, and you are ready to throw yourself!"
TAT: "You know, that I used to throw myself, when your skating during a training was great. I threw myself to the ice - as a gift."

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
will reveal once it comes up
but I've seen unofficial overalls from shooting
of course, it might not be an actual thing. but I think it is.

Manitou

Medalist
Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov are really a league above the rest. Vassilissa is the flower of the team, while Ilya is the perfect male support without which the flower cannot blossom.
And I am really happy for Pokrasnetneva/Makarov for coming in 3rd and getting out of the last Cinderella place.
And I feel sorry for Lukinskaya/Rodin. They are much much better than their last performance. I think Navka overdid the whole production and it overwhelmed the kids.

In general I think there are way too many props. The stories are too big and too theatrical. Kaganovskaya/Vladimirow had the simplest story, Chopin is enough and doesn’t need any aloborate production.
I also loved the Moonlight Sonata by Rumak/Goncharov, but again - simple music and costumes without the unnecessary theatrical acting would tell the story better.

Other comments - the humorous dynamics between Yagudin and TAT is a great addition to the show. Evgenia is a tiny bit more natural. And I saw Mishin smile, which is really rare. :)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Did judges place Sofia second among the three single girls? Again she is underscored. She has the most difficult jumps, ss, speed and authentic choreography that does more skating than mime. But maybe most judges actually prefer mime than skating. Sofia is only 10, and some of her moves are already better than Evgenia (e.g., the one leg sit gliding, sorry for not knowing its official name). She is definitely someone to watch out in two years.

May 13 - single skaters and pairs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD2Gl9kN33o

classic music

the judges:
Natalia Bestemianova, Artur Dmitriev, Adelina Sotnikova, Alexei Mishin, TAT

they are going to choose a winner among boys, a winner among girls and a pair

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It's a hydroblade
And I totally agree with everything you said about her. Sofia is wonderful :)

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
And I saw Mishin smile, which is really rare. :)

:coffee: Mishin was really nice. Starting from the first time that he spoke and told, that the girl in the pair was like a little sun and etc.

It is a bit funny, that Yagudin said "Alexei Nikolayevich Mishin" each time, not "Alexei Nikolayevich", - but their chats were nice.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It's a hydroblade
And I totally agree with everything you said about her. Sofia is wonderful :)
Yeah, with those moves, the general skating skills and the entry to the Flip, Sofia showed so much here. And her Basic skating skills really shine in comparison to the other ladies. Still, wish her programs were better here... But ah, perhaps it's even better for her in the long run that she didn't win. Usually the second Place finishers end up being more successful than ones placing first...

moriel

Record Breaker
Did judges place Sofia second among the three single girls? Again she is underscored. She has the most difficult jumps, ss, speed and authentic choreography that does more skating than mime. But maybe most judges actually prefer mime than skating. Sofia is only 10, and some of her moves are already better than Evgenia (e.g., the one leg sit gliding, sorry for not knowing its official name). She is definitely someone to watch out in two years.

This show is clearly ruled by TAT.
TAT does not like Eteri. So my guess is that it translates into scores somehow.

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
:laugh2: And I though Plushy was over casual with the sneakers with a suit look.

As an Aussie though I always find it weird when people wear ugg boots outside...in my day they were a purely indoor thing, like slippers. Kids these days :p

I love it that Mishin still wears his skates! He's like 80 isn't he? What a legend.

Oh cool! Also...is that Adelina next to him in the second picture, or just someone who looks like her?

I have to say I like the fact that he just wears what he is comfortable in and doesn’t feel the need to dress head to toe in designer gear like Plushenko does- that guy is a walking advert for Louis vitton most of the time.

Rada

On the Ice
I have to say I like the fact that he just wears what he is comfortable in and doesn’t feel the need to dress head to toe in designer gear like Plushenko does- that guy is a walking advert for Louis vitton most of the time.

Plushenko seems very comfortable in his Louis Vitton and he obviously doesn`t care what other people think about it:laugh:
(I think it`s awful, but... as I said, he doesn`t care. And I like his attitude:laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
Plushenko seems very comfortable in his Louis Vitton and he obviously doesn`t care what other people think about it:laugh:
(I think it`s awful, but... as I said, he doesn`t care. And I like his attitude:laugh:

Also, to be fair, im pretty sure its his wife dressing him, really.