Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Manitou

Medalist
"Cuteness alone"? His skating skills are amazing for his age, he has triples at 8. He was 2nd at Russia's basic novice championships, which is a category for 10-11yo skaters.

Ok, fine, I withdraw the “cuteness alone”, but the cuteness (read: age) was a factor for the judges. :)

Manitou

Medalist
So I tried to understand what TAT was saying about Kaganovskaya and Vladimirov, and didn’t she say: “у вас техника неправильна”, meaning: “ you have a wrong technique”? I think she was saying something about wrong steps.
What exactly did she say?

lbamda

On the Ice
So I tried to understand what TAT was saying about Kaganovskaya and Vladimirov, and didn’t she say: “у вас техника неправильна”, meaning: “ you have a wrong technique”? I think she was saying something about wrong steps.
What exactly did she say?

She has told that the wrong technique of running steps, basic in figure skating. It is necessary to work over it.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
May 27 - exibitions

It seems they are not going to post videos on Youtube, yet almost all the numbers are new.
The first video by the link is the full show, the rest are small videos.

https://www.1tv.ru/shows/lednikovyy-period-deti/vse-video

Petrova/Cherevatyuk, Ermolin, Kuznetsova/Antyshev, Zubkova, Eremenko/Samokhin, Lukinskaya/Rodin, Asenkin, Pokrasnetieva/Makarov, Ovsyankina/Orekhov, Akatieva, Lukin, Rumak/Goncharov, Zinina, Belyavskiy, Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov, Berestovskaya, Fedotov

What did Tarasova say about Yagudin? She was right. :) :palmf:
Yagudin: Actually, you didn't really do it in your number. I'll just help you. I'll do it and run away, because I still can run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ_JnulYO0I&t=6m
(to say the truth, I thought it would be fair to do it to the girl, not to the boy)

tars

Record Breaker
Couldn't Evgenia start with this outfit? :agree:

0:17:27 - this move looks pretty dangerous to me - is it allowed in competition? :eek:

Manitou

Medalist
It’s on YouTube now.
So sad to see the show end. I loved all the kids, loved Yagudin, it was such a good show.
Who was my fave this gala? I think Berestovskaia’s and Fedotov’s numbers were most fun this time. And Prokrasnetieva/Makarov’s. I love their personalities.
Will miss the show now...

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Loved the show so much, sad it's over. Competitors I'll be looking for in future: Arseniy Fedotov, Mark Liukin, Berestovskaya, Akatieva also in pairs Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov, Gleb/Anya.

Finally what a performance by Liza!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smedb7kmNjI
I would add Alisa/Fedor. They did very well considering they have been skating together just for a month prior to this show. They seem like a good match and learn quickly.

Manitou

Medalist
I would add Alisa/Fedor. They did very well considering they have been skating together just for a month prior to this show. They seem like a good match and learn quickly.

If Prokrasnetieva/Makarov succeed, which I hope, then I am looking forward to hearing American commentators pronouncing her name. lol

Elucidus

Match Penalty
If Prokrasnetieva/Makarov succeed, which I hope, then I am looking forward to hearing American commentators pronouncing her name. lol

Was it intentional misspelling on your part? Because if not - I am sorry to disappoint you but you already did what you ridiculed commentators for :biggrin: It's not Prokrasnetieva - it's Pokrasnetieva :palmf: Which in fact means adjective form of "blushing" in Russian, btw :)

Manitou

Medalist
Was it intentional misspelling on your part? Because if not - I am sorry to disappoint you but you already did what you ridiculed commentators for :biggrin: It's not Prokrasnetieva - it's Pokrasnetieva :palmf: Which in fact means adjective form of "blushing" in Russian, btw :)

See, we already have problems with her name! lol

Manitou

Medalist
Is there a version of this show that’s been dubbed?

I am pretty sure there isn't. However, sometimes it's possible to have English automatic subtitles. It might be completely nonsensical because of the double automatic translations - first from the spoken language from the video's sound into Russian captions, and then from the Russian captions into English captions. Both are erroneous and when we combine them together one of on top of the other then they lead to nonsense. But it might be better than nothing.
That's why we need C-3PO...

VegMom

On the Ice
I am pretty sure there isn't. However, sometimes it's possible to have English automatic subtitles. It might be completely nonsensical because of the double automatic translations - first from the spoken language from the video's sound into Russian captions, and then from the Russian captions into English captions. Both are erroneous and when we combine them together one of on top of the other then they lead to nonsense. But it might be better than nothing.
That's why we need C-3PO...

yes we need c-3po

The autotranslate does not seem to work at all. It just shows Russian subtitles even though I've chosen "Russian (auto-generated) >> English" subtitles.

How old are each of these children?

moriel

Record Breaker
yes we need c-3po

The autotranslate does not seem to work at all. It just shows Russian subtitles even though I've chosen "Russian (auto-generated) >> English" subtitles.

How old are each of these children?

Usually whey show the ages in the very beginning - that first screen with light background. There is a blue and pink bubble on the bottom of the screen, showing both name and age. Name is in cyrillic, but the age is a regular number.

so for example Arseni is 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlG1IDpXLn8
and Mark is 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpM1vRs1K5k