Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

vitamintea

On the Ice
I am so glad to see Evelina and Ilya again. I think many people remember their wonderful dance to music "La-La-land".

Evelina matured, the couple improved markedly and became more confident.

This is the first time I've seen that La La Land performance and it was so beautiful! I think one of the best I've seen. It truly captures the charm of the song and the sense of hope and optimism. Just a totally different feel than when older skaters use it.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I love Evelina and Ilya as well. I watched some of their competition clips after seeing them on the show last year and they have a ton of potential together.
As for his height, I think it's a bit premature to worry considering he's only 12(b. 2006, I believe?). From what I've seen a lot of guys tend to really go through a major growth spurt after they hit teens.

Orlov

Medalist
You guys are so lucky that you do not know Russian. The new lady-host is simply unbearable, I really want to do something bad with her.
She plays kind of a silly blonde. Even flirts with boys :palmf: Like here, when she says that the boy-partner suits her more than to the girl-partner . The girl(Polina) decided to play along to the joke, even rested hands on her hips like a Jersey girl :laugh: "Так, я не поняла?!" (kind of -"wait, whooat?")

And she did it not once. Here she asked Vsevolod Knyazev:
"And I can't help but wonder about your personal life (relationship) after such a wonderful program. Does such a pretty boy have a girlfriend?":shocked::slink::
"No"
"Why? Do you have no time for personal life?"

WHAAAT?? he is 12-years old, you stupid dumb blondy! what is wrong with you??

Manitou

Medalist
So happy so see Pokrasnetieva/Makarov again. Such a progress!
After 30+ years of not speaking Russian I didn’t understand much of what was being spoken, so I didn’t fully get why Averbukh didn’t accept Evelina and Ilya. Is it because he already had a pair, or maybe he wanted somebody else to coach them? He already had Evelina and Ilya last year, so maybe it was beneficial for the kids to learn from someone new?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
You guys are so lucky that you do not know Russian. The new lady-host is simply unbearable, [...]

That's bad, trying to make this stereotypical kind of not funny conversation at the expense of children. Let their show routines and skating skills speak for the children, there is no need to make a conversation about their love lives.
There have been how many applicants, thousands probably, and all of the pre-selected kids will have been screen tested to make sure they don't choke in the spotlights. At least these young kids gave honest answers, no canned smart sentences they've studied 'for effect'. That will probably come as the show progresses, like we've seen in other variations on this theme.

For the audience in the room there is only one way of stopping this, by not applauding, even booing at that kind of behaviour by adult hosts or judges. But that's probably never going to happen with a floor manager in charge of the audience and TAT as head judge.
So lots of angry emails and letters to 1TV should be sent instead.

However, all of the Moscow casting episodes already have been recorded, so no change in her attitude is to be expected the first couple of shows.
Will the later shows be on live TV?

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
After 30+ years of not speaking Russian I didn’t understand much of what was being spoken, so I didn’t fully get why Averbukh didn’t accept Evelina and Ilya. Is it because he already had a pair, or maybe he wanted somebody else to coach them? He already had Evelina and Ilya last year, so maybe it was beneficial for the kids to learn from someone new?

Averbukh said: "I'm happy, that in the new season you can try to work with another coach, so my red light isn't a stop light for you. I think you have every chance to fight for the top places."

:coffee: I know what I do like. I like, that this year they let the kids choose a coach. This year I still haven't heard anything like "he'd like to work with Averbukh, she'd like to work with Navka, so they will work... with Maxim Tranko-o-ov!"

Manitou

Medalist
I know what I do like. I like, that this year they let the kids choose a coach. This year I still haven't heard anything like "he'd like to work with Averbukh, she'd like to work with Navka, so they will work... with Maxim Tranko-o-ov!"

That was because they couldn't decide among themselves, so TAT had to decide for them in her own unique style lol. I think it was Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov, wasn't it? And TAT chose well, because under Trankov they were outstanding.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The new lady-host is simply unbearable, I really want to do something bad with her.
She plays kind of a silly blonde. Even flirts with boys :palmf: Like here, when she says that the boy-partner suits her more than to the girl-partner

:coffee: I think they just say the boy is very tall. When Yagudin shows, that the boy is very tall, Alla says: "It seems to me, that Stepan is so tall, that he would suit me better than he suits Polina." Yagudin answers: "This! So I can take Polina". I think this is a joke. It seems to me the kids liked it. Polina had a chance to say: "I need him. He is good."

she did it not once. Here she asked Vsevolod Knyazev:
"And I can't help but wonder about your personal life (relationship) after such a wonderful program. Does such a pretty boy have a girlfriend?":shocked::slink:
I don't say, that Alla is perfect as a host, but I think you are a bit too serious. Actually, even a kid aged 5 can say: "I have a wife-to-be". If Russians ask a girl about boys, they can say it even in plural: "Do you have husbands-to-be?" (Are there boys who'd like to be your husband/boyfriend?) A girl aged 5 can answer: "Yes, I have 2 husbands-to-be" (2 boys competing for her attention) It can be a normal talk. Of course, it has nothing to do with dating and "personal life", when we speak about little kids. So... only her second question is odd ("Do you have no time for personal life?") Maybe her voice is odd. Yet I don't think Alla really flirts with boys. Maybe... she just doesn't notice, that her baby talk drifts into overplaying, and she doesn't remember, that kids don't talk about "personal life".

Manitou

Medalist
:coffee: I think they just say the boy is very tall. When Yagudin shows, that the boy is very tall, Alla says: "It seems to me, that Stepan is so tall, that he would suit me better than he suits Polina." Yagudin answers: "This! So I can take Polina". I think this is a joke. It seems to me the kids liked it. Polina had a chance to say: "I need him. He is good."

I don't say, that Alla is perfect as a host, but I think you are a bit too serious. Actually, even a kid aged 5 can say: "I have a wife-to-be". If Russians ask a girl about boys, they can say it even in plural: "Do you have husbands-to-be?" (Are there boys who'd like to be your husband/boyfriend?) A girl aged 5 can answer: "Yes, I have 2 husbands-to-be" (2 boys competing for her attention) It can be a normal talk. Of course, it has nothing to do with dating and "personal life", when we speak about little kids. So... only her second question is odd ("Do you have no time for personal life?") Maybe her voice is odd. Yet I don't think Alla really flirts with boys. Maybe... she just doesn't notice, that her baby talk drifts into overplaying, and she doesn't remember, that kids don't talk about "personal life".

Alla doesn't bother me at all. And all that talk about "flirting" is not an issue at all. People need to relax and let go. And it's all cultural anyway.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
That was because they couldn't decide among themselves, so TAT had to decide for them in her own unique style lol. I think it was Kaganovskaya/Vladimirov, wasn't it? And TAT chose well, because under Trankov they were outstanding.

Well, maybe it just seems to me, that such things happened often, but they helped to choose more than once. It seems to me, that this year situation is better. We had the "Voice. Kids" project before, where children were always asked whom they choose, if more than one teacher agreed to work with them (pairs are rare in the "Voice. Kids", but we had some - and they could come to a decision without someone's help)

Helena b

Rinkside
Alla doesn't bother me at all. And all that talk about "flirting" is not an issue at all. People need to relax and let go. And it's all cultural anyway.

It's not cultural at all. Russian culture doesn't include lots of fake enthusiasm and creepiness.

Manitou

Medalist
It's not cultural at all. Russian culture doesn't include lots of fake enthusiasm and creepiness.

What is "creepy" to some, might be a natural positive behavior to others. Plus, your choice of words is rather inappropriate. I saw no "creepiness" or "fake enthusiasm" in the show. If you saw it then maybe the problem is in you, not in the show. And if that's the case maybe you shouldn't be watching it... :)

Orlov

Medalist
What is "creepy" to some, might be a natural positive behavior to others. Plus, your choice of words is rather inappropriate. I saw no "creepiness" or "fake enthusiasm" in the show. If you saw it then maybe the problem is in you, not in the show. And if that's the case maybe you shouldn't be watching it... :)

Maybe just remove the stupid blonde?

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
31.03.2019 - on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQY_C9LTWDo

some episodes which I liked:

Yagudin: Tell me, please, who does participate in choosing music? Do you? Or your coach just comes and says: "Alyona, here is the music, here is the program!"
Alyona: We just had a dance to this music on a jazz lesson.
Yagudin: Do you also have jazz lessons?
Alyona: Yes. /.../ I have choreography lessons, body-conditioning, jazz, ice.
Yagudin (worried, but quiet): School?
Alyona: Yes. I have school.
Yagudin: Brothers, sisters?
Alyona: Two sisters.
Yagudin: Pets?
Alyona: A turtle.
Yagudin: Really? You are not an ordinary child. So you have three sisters and a turtle... and jazz lessons... oh, oh, oh... Do you ever have a rest?
Alyona: No.
Yagudin (smiles): You'd like to, wouldn't you?
Yagudin (smiles): You wouldn't? You are right, it's too early to rest.

Yagudin: Tatiana Anatolievna?
Tarasova: I'd leave her in the list to think once again about taking her to the project, even though she's not disappointed...
Yagudin (hastens to help): No, no, no! We are disappointed, Alyona, aren't we?
Alyona: I'm not.
Yagudin smiles, shows he can do nothing - and it's a pity

Mikheyeva: Lyosha, you know, I'm worried, that these guys can even replace us! They are so great, that they can win not only as a pair, but as single skaters as well.
Yagudin: I know nothing about your feelings, but as for me, only my cohosts are replaced, it seems I stand here safely.

Manitou

Medalist
31.03.2019 - on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQY_C9LTWDo

some episodes which I liked:

Yagudin: Tell me, please, who does participate in choosing music? Do you? Or your coach just comes and says: "Alyona, here is the music, here is the program!"
Alyona: We just had a dance to this music on a jazz lesson.
Yagudin: Do you also have jazz lessons?
Alyona: Yes. /.../ I have choreography lessons, body-conditioning, jazz, ice.
Yagudin (worried, but quiet): School?
Alyona: Yes. I have school.
Yagudin: Brothers, sisters?
Alyona: Two sisters.
Yagudin: Pets?
Alyona: A turtle.
Yagudin: Really? You are not an ordinary child. So you have three sisters and a turtle... and jazz lessons... oh, oh, oh... Do you ever have a rest?
Yagudin (smiles): You'd like to, wouldn't you?
Yagudin (smiles): You wouldn't? You are right, it's too early to rest.

Yagudin: Tatiana Anatolievna?
Tarasova: I'd leave her in the list to think once again about taking her to the project, even though she's not disappointed...
Yagudin (hastens to help): No, no, no! We are disappointed, Alyona, aren't we?
Alyona: I'm not.
Yagudin smiles, shows he can do nothing - and it's a pity

Mikheyeva: Lyosha, you know, I'm worried, that these guys can even replace us! They are so great, that they can win not only as a pair, but as single skaters as well.
Yagudin: I know nothing about your feelings, but as for me, only my cohosts are replaced, it seems I stand here safely.

LOL! That's so funny! I wish I could understand the subtleties.
Yagudin is the naturally born entertainer!

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Maybe just remove the stupid blonde?

Some people suggested this variant, when Alla was a host in the "Ice Age" for the first time. I see they invited her once again.

To say the truth, I think a cheerful girl is a comfortable variant for cheerful Yagudin.

I'd also say she seems to be loyal, I guess she does her best - I think it is good for Averbukh.