Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Russian "Voice. Kids" is better organised, to say the truth. In the "Voice. Kids" they somehow have enough time for every kid and the rules are clear. Here... sometimes they talk to a kid, sometimes they almost don't talk, sometimes they ask what a coach the kid would like to choose, sometimes Tarasova gives her advice and the kid has to agree...

yet the dialogues are funny :coffee:

Trankov also said about the first girl, that she already skates like a little pair skater. Tarasova replied: "Maybe they will skate together in the end? Maybe they will do a lift?" "Maybe." - said Trankov. The girl was a little bit scared. "Maybe." - said Yagudin and whispered to the girl: "Remain a single skater meanwhile!"

TAT: "To study, to study and to study again!"
Yagudin: "Tatiana Anatolievna was talking to me now. And what would you advise to Sofia and Nikita?"

Averbukh: "Milana, it'a pity, I see you are ready to cry now, you are a very very beautiful girl. I think, that... maybe my verdict will be a little bit tough, but you should think about ice dancing. We already can see now, that you don't have jump amplitude and more likely you will never have it. I think I talk to an adult girl, maybe somebody hears me, maybe this project will become a new springboard for you, even though you won't be a participant. I wish you good luck."
(TAT supports Averbukh)
Yagudin: "Somehow everybody advise you to try ice dancing. Have you ever thinked about that?"
Milana: "No."
Trankov: "Milana, don't listen to them! This is a sect of dancers sitting here. Don't listen to them. Making a decision is a difficult job. You'll do that one day: you'll remain a single skater or will go to dancing. Dancers always do so. They were saying the same to me."
Yagudin: "Yeah, they always say so: to the dancing, to the dancing."
Trankov: "I didn't go to the ice dancing, and anyway I'm an Olympic champion! So your whole life is before you!"
Yagudin: "Your whole life is before you indeed. The main thing keep your chin up, believe, that all your plans will come true, if only you'll continue working. Good luck!"

When TAT suggested, that a girl should go to Navka's team (because usually this girl works with a man), Averbukh started to shout, Yagudin turns to the girl and smiles: "Let's just talk meanwhile. How are you?"
Trankov: "I'm not bad too. I'm the youngest among them. They forgot everything, they don't know new rules. I'm fresh!"

TAT: "Do you jump triples? How old are you?"
the girl: "I don't jump triples yet."
Yagudin: "Oh no! Say... (my advice to all the participants - how can they check?) Say: we work on this!"
the girl: "I work on this."
Yagudin: "We work on this!"

"With whom would you like to work?"
the girl: "With Tatiana Navka."
TAT: "With Tatiana Navka!"
Yagudin: "Wait a bit. This was 50 per cent of the answer."
the boy: "With Averbukh."
Yagudin: "That's why their coach will be... Maxim Tranko-o-ov!!"
(don't worry, Navka will be their coach) :)

When they said to a girl, that she could jump once again to show she could do it, Yagudin smiled: "I'd like to hear what they would be saying, if the music was over and you were jumping and jumping!"

a girl: "To Averbukh! ... because he is a famous person, they show him on TV and he is kind!"
Yagudin (smiles): "He is ki-i-ind!"
TAT (smiles): "Oh, you don't know him!"
TAT: "you want to work with Ilya..."
Averbukh: "with Ilya The Kind."
TAT: "and he wants to work with you..."
Yagudin: "And I see, that not only Ilya The Kind wants to work. Roman and Tatiana want too."
Yagudin: "...you are in the project and you are in the team of Ilya The Kind!"

Tulipstar

Medalist
Russian "Voice. Kids" is better organised, to say the truth. In the "Voice. Kids" they somehow have enough time for every kid and the rules are clear. Here... sometimes they talk to a kid, sometimes they almost don't talk, sometimes they ask what a coach the kid would like to choose, sometimes Tarasova gives her advice and the kid has to agree...

yet the dialogues are funny :coffee:

Trankov also said about the first girl, that she already skates like a little pair skater. Tarasova replied: "Maybe they will skate together in the end? Maybe they will do a lift?" "Maybe." - said Trankov. The girl was a little bit scared. "Maybe." - said Yagudin and whispered to the girl: "Remain a single skater meanwhile!"

TAT: "To study, to study and to study again!"
Yagudin: "Tatiana Anatolievna was talking to me now. And what would you advise to Sofia and Nikita?"

Averbukh: "Milana, it'a pity, I see you are ready to cry now, you are a very very beautiful girl. I think, that... maybe my verdict will be a little bit tough, but you should think about ice dancing. We already can see now, that you don't have jump amplitude and more likely you will never have it. I think I talk to an adult girl, maybe somebody hears me, maybe this project will become a new springboard for you, even though you won't be a participant. I wish you good luck."
(TAT supports Averbukh)
Yagudin: "Somehow everybody advise you to try ice dancing. Have you ever thinked about that?"
Milana: "No."
Trankov: "Milana, don't listen to them! This is a sect of dancers sitting here. Don't listen to them. Making a decision is a difficult job. You'll do that one day: you'll remain a single skater or will go to dancing. Dancers always do so. They were saying the same to me."
Yagudin: "Yeah, they always say so: to the dancing, to the dancing."
Trankov: "I didn't go to the ice dancing, and anyway I'm an Olympic champion! So your whole life is before you!"
Yagudin: "Your whole life is before you indeed. The main thing keep your chin up, believe, that all your plans will come true, if only you'll continue working. Good luck!"

When TAT suggested, that a girl should go to Navka's team (because usually this girl works with a man), Averbukh started to shout, Yagudin turns to the girl and smiles: "Let's just talk meanwhile. How are you?"
Trankov: "I'm not bad too. I'm the youngest among them. They forgot everything, they don't know new rules. I'm fresh!"

TAT: "Do you jump triples? How old are you?"
the girl: "I don't jump triples yet."
Yagudin: "Oh no! Say... (my advice to all the participants - how can they check?) Say: we work on this!"
the girl: "I work on this."
Yagudin: "We work on this!"

"With whom would you like to work?"
the girl: "With Tatiana Navka."
TAT: "With Tatiana Navka!"
Yagudin: "Wait a bit. This was 50 per cent of the answer."
the boy: "With Averbukh."
Yagudin: "That's why their coach will be... Maxim Tranko-o-ov!!"
(don't worry, Navka will be their coach) :)

When they said to a girl, that she could jump once again to show she could do it, Yagudin smiled: "I'd like to hear what they would be saying, if the music was over and you were jumping and jumping!"

a girl: "To Averbukh! ... because he is a famous person, they show him on TV and he is kind!"
Yagudin (smiles): "He is ki-i-ind!"
TAT (smiles): "Oh, you don't know him!"
TAT: "you want to work with Ilya..."
Averbukh: "with Ilya The Kind."
TAT: "and he wants to work with you..."
Yagudin: "And I see, that not only Ilya The Kind wants to work. Roman and Tatiana want too."
Yagudin: "...you are in the project and you are in the team of Ilya The Kind!"

:laugh:
Yagudin is a gem.

I hope someone will translate, because I clearly didn't get all the funny parts when watching with Youtube translation.

GuyFromCanada

Spectator
The judges said (I speak Russian) that Aleksa should be trying triple jumps because she is already 10 years old and other kids her age on the show are doing it. Since she only has double jumps for now, the judges chose to kick her out.

katymay

Medalist
Thank you for the translation! I've been watching these on you tube, but I neither speak nor understand Russian. I wish someone would subtitle them! Even so, so much talent on display, and ..uh...the judge on the far left with the long hair is...hot. lol

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
First post but just had to say that I'm so excited there are other people watching this show!! I'm in the US streaming it on YouTube, and my family in Russia thinks I'm being ridiculous haha. Will be happy to translate if anyone has questions.

I have a question myself as a noob figure skating fan..what does Trankov mean when he says the single skaters (girls) "already skate like pairs skaters"???

The second general comment is what are parents/coaches thinking with some of the music/costume selection!!!!

moriel

Record Breaker
First post but just had to say that I'm so excited there are other people watching this show!! I'm in the US streaming it on YouTube, and my family in Russia thinks I'm being ridiculous haha. Will be happy to translate if anyone has questions.

I have a question myself as a noob figure skating fan..what does Trankov mean when he says the single skaters (girls) "already skate like pairs skaters"???

The second general comment is what are parents/coaches thinking with some of the music/costume selection!!!!

i think he is trying to bring them to the dark side (which is true for all coaches there), leave singles and skate in pairs / dance instead.

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
Haha wow somehow this never crossed my mind, feeling a little silly :) that would make sense, I kept wondering if there is some special ability he is seeing and not explaining to the viewers 😂😂😂

Manitou

Medalist
The show is a huge stretch for my Russian language skills, I am getting maybe 30%, so I have a question to Russian speakers: what was the deal with the dance couple where the boy was wearing a WW 2 military uniform? They got all red, and Trankov, to my understanding, was criticizing the adult theme choice. Am I right? What was the main point of critique? I thought they were really good, I liked the saying-goodbye military theme and was completely shocked to see all red marks. What was it?

As to Evgenia, she is a phenomenal skater, but I think she is a much better skater than a TV show host. Although I must admit she had the most difficult job trying to stop and console kids who only wanted to run to their moms.

Helena b

Rinkside
The show is a huge stretch for my Russian language skills, I am getting maybe 30%, so I have a question to Russian speakers: what was the deal with the dance couple where the boy was wearing a WW 2 military uniform? They got all red, and Trankov, to my understanding, was criticizing the adult theme choice. Am I right? What was the main point of critique? I thought they were really good, I liked the saying-goodbye military theme and was completely shocked to see all red marks. What was it?

As to Evgenia, she is a phenomenal skater, but I think she is a much better skater than a TV show host. Although I must admit she had the most difficult job trying to stop and console kids who only wanted to run to their moms.
You're right. All the judges said that they didn't like the program because it's not appropriate for such young kids. Trankov even said that he only refused to take them because of that program, their skating skills were fine. I can see why are they reacting like that. WW2 is a national tragedy for Russians and kids at such young age clearly can't understand such difficult theme.

But refusing to take kids in the show only because of that is still kinda strange.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
You're right. All the judges said that they didn't like the program because it's not appropriate for such young kids. Trankov even said that he only refused to take them because of that program, their skating skills were fine. I can see why are they reacting like that. WW2 is a national tragedy for Russians and kids at such young age clearly can't understand such difficult theme.

But refusing to take kids in the show only because of that is still kinda strange.

It’s kind of funny taking into the consideration Ilya’s 9/11 program and Tatiana’s Holocaust program controversy

moriel

Record Breaker
It’s kind of funny taking into the consideration Ilya’s 9/11 program and Tatiana’s Holocaust program controversy

Actually what was said was:

Trankov: not my thing, I hate when kids die on ice and all this. I said no because I disliked the program, I have no complains about the kids.

Ilya and Tatiana didn't give any reason for not taking them in (so it could be anything really), and Trankov stated clearly that his issue is the war themed program + kids combo, not the theme itself.

katymay

Medalist
In the middle of the show everyone rejected an 8 year old girl, I thought she was very talented!, And she was heartbroken. Can a Russian speaker explain why she was given a "thumbs down". I can't understand her name, but the little girl is a spectacular beauty if that helps. I wish there was English subtitles for this show, but I am in awe of the talent on display.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
In the middle of the show everyone rejected an 8 year old girl, I thought she was very talented!, And she was heartbroken. Can a Russian speaker explain why she was given a "thumbs down". I can't understand her name, but the little girl is a spectacular beauty if that helps. I wish there was English subtitles for this show, but I am in awe of the talent on display.

Anastasia Lesnitskaya, 9 y.o.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8K7ojCmZJE

Elizaveta Kulikova, 10 y.o.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMefy8r-u6o

Or your girl was skating in a pair?

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
(some funny moments) :)

Roman Novikov wanted to go to Roman from the beginning, but he said "to Roman... somewhat... Kostomarov?"

So Trankov expected, that Maxim Belyavsky would go to Maxim: "Do you remember his name? His name is Maxim!" Averbukh started to argue too: "Wait! "Maxim to Maxim". Roma said he couldn't give him much as a dancer, I guess I can give him artistry..."
They asked the boy's opinion. "To me!" - whispered Yagudin. Trankov added: "Yagudin and me are almost your neighbours, by the way. You'll be coming to drink tea with us."
Maxim chose Navka, but later he said to his mom, that first he wanted to go to Trankov, than he wanted to go to Averbukh...

Vasilisa Koganovskaya wanted to be in Navka's team, Ilya Vladimirov wanted to be in Averbukh's team, all the coaches were ready to take them, and their coach will be... Maxim Tranko-ov! Indeed. "We don't mind!" - said the girl.

Anna Rumak and Gleb Goncharov were saying, that all the coaches were good. "I think the same,"- said Gleb.
Yagudin: Why do you want to be like the others? What is you opinion? Anyway women will do what they wanted to do.
Gleb: All the coaches are very good.
Yagudin: Tatiana Anatolievna?
TAT: /.../ I guess Roman Kostomarov can teach you something.
Yagudin: Do you agree with Tatiana Anatolievna's opinion? Why do you look at Anna? Let me stand between you.
Navka: Do you have your opinion? You can change it.
Anna: I'd like to be in Navka's team.
Yagudin: O-oh! Why didn't you say that? "All the coaches are great, we don't care..." Now: "I'd like to work with Navka..." (to the boy) What about you?! Come on, even she has made up her mind.
Gleb: To Ilya Averbukh.
Yagudin: Here it is! So Tatiana Anatolievna, what is your decision? (to the kids) Great! You become stronger right in front of our eyes!
TAT: You'll go to Roman Kostomarov.
Yagudin: An absolutely right decision, by the way: not one, not another.
Kostomarov: It is a bit odd situation for me, I'm not the one who was chosen, yet I think we will better it somehow, when we'll be working...

Yagudin is impressed again and again, that all the kids say they didn't worry, they were good.

tomc100

Rinkside
The only thing I like about this show is when the kids are rejected rather harshly, Evgenia Medvedeva is there to comfort and provide words of encouragement. That girl has a heart of gold. She never says anything bad about anyone.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The only thing I like about this show is when the kids are rejected rather harshly, Evgenia Medvedeva is there to comfort and provide words of encouragement. That girl has a heart of gold. She never says anything bad about anyone.

To say the truth, many people say, that Evgenia is not really good at that now. Yet she tries to do it for the first time, she can become better.

moriel

Record Breaker
To say the truth, many people say, that Evgenia is not really good at that now. Yet she tries to do it for the first time, she can become better.

She clearly tried her best, and overall it is pretty bad assignment for a young lady with very few experience in such shows.
I mean, dunno, pretty nasty task, and I would probably exchange her and Yagudin, at least sometimes, so she is not doing the dirty work all the time.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I would probably exchange her and Yagudin, at least sometimes, so she is not doing the dirty work all the time.

Are you sure? :coffee:
Now Evgenia has one clear task. Yagudin is the one who has to encourage kids and to stop Tarasova or Averbukh at the same time - and to remember about the time limit. I don't mean, that he is always brilliant, but I don't think, that his work is easier.
I think Averbukh is lucky, that he has Yagudin. Who else can stop Tarasova - without spoiling relationship with her?
https://fanparty.ru/fanclubs/shrek/articles/64851/56800_tribune_shrek.png
They feel each other. When Tarasova said: "Oh, you don't know him!" - about Averbukh, I think she just said what Yagudin was thinking, when Yagudin replied with a smile: "He is ki-i-ind!"