Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Orlov

Medalist
This is a complete bs that they eliminated Barbora! This is probably some kind of stupid policy. The third girl fell several times, once out of the blue!
I am sure that Maxim was absolutely sincere when he told her that her programm was the best for him, and that he completely disagreed with the judges.
Сomplete bs!!!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Objectivity is sometimes hard to find in these kind of shows. You never know what biases the producers put on the judges or wether the judges are completely honest and objective in evaluating the contestants, or rather letting their animosity towards or against certain rinks or trainers take the upper hand?

So would a public vote make things better?

I don’t think so because it puts a different kind of pressure on the children: to please the crowd, the ignorant masses.
In those singing show contests the kids start acting cocky, start talking smart.

What I like most about Ice Age, Kids is the purity, the unspoiltness of the contestants. They are brave and unafraid and accept their verdict with grace and dignity because they are competitors at heart, with an unmistakable talent and know you cannot make mistakes in your sport or win at every occasion.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I feel sorry for Justin
Well, at least she was judged fairly. Her competitors were just better. Why you didn't feel sorry for Dvoeglazova, Krivonosova, Vrankova though? All of them were splendid in their performances - but judges decided in favor of their competitors with MULTIPLE falls 0_0
I thought last year's show was a farce. Well, I was wrong :sarcasm:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Whelan, sound pretty Irish. And Dzhastina speaks three languages, I suppose English and Russian as we've seen in her intro, but also Gaelic or Quebecqois (French Canadian)?

You don't want any of the contestants leave the show, but alas, it is a real competition and the kids like to compete.
Some need to learn more how to act, but i thought Veronika Zhilina was quite fierce and convincing in her rendition of a secret agent. With two falls I was afraid she'd be eliminated but the judges think she is too good to be eliminated this early.
She'll have to work hard to stay in contention though as despite having the most formidable skating skills, she doesn't seem to be the natural performer a TV show demands.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Whelan, sound pretty Irish. And Dzhastina speaks three languages, I suppose English and Russian as we've seen in her intro, but also Gaelic or Quebecqois (French Canadian)?

She said the third language is german.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
(April 21 2019)

Averbukh (to Liza Kulikova): Now I'm your prince! I'll go away later. Your prince will be younger.

Yagudin: Liza, you are a kid. At heart I'm a kid too - no lie. Yet Ilia Averbukh chose a very adult story for your program. Do you understand what were you skating about?
Liza: I do.
Yagudin: You do? OK.

Yagudin: Tell me, please, Veronika... when I was a kid - many years ago - once I tried to close my eyes in jumping. I crashed down. You were not only in glasses, you were also in darkness, but you've managed to jump 2A. Was it scaring to try?
Veronika: No.
Yagudin: I see. Alexei Nikolaevich, was it scaring to watch?
Mishin: You know, when a figure skater executes multi revolution jumps, his eyes don't participate in this process, because the line speed of an object in a fast turning would be hundreds of kilometres an hour - a human eye isn't able to perceive anything in such conditions. A skater should feel time. As for the girl, she is remarkable: her jumps are high, she turns rapidly. (to Veronika) Yet you know, fallings are unlike the school where you study. That's all what I'd like to say to you.
Yagudin: Oh. Everything is wonderful in your skating, but you'd better skate with no falls. OK? Are you disappointed? You can say it.
Veronika: No.
Yagudin: "No." Well, maybe fallings are unlike the school where you train, but I see you also believe you shouldn't get disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKCUDBeKmsY&t=5m28s
/.../
Mikheeva: I know your mom is a coach. What do you think, did she like your skate today?
Veronika: Yes.
Mikheeva: Who is tougher as a coach: your mom or Ilya Izyaslavich?
Veronika: My mom.

Alisa: I really like Ilya Averbukh. His eyes are kind, he never rags. And he is very cheerful.
/.../
Averbukh: Actually, a coach shouldn't be kind, of course. Yet this is a TV project. We want artistic talents to blossome. So I try to create confidence in trainings.
/.../
Yagudin (when Alisa has to leave): To be disappointed or not to be - you can always decide for yourself. Yet I'll tell you a story - from my childhood, about my work and my trainings. There was a girl, she was born in the same year when I was, for some period of time she has been doing more than I could do, in trainings and at competitions - yet later that girl disappeared, and I still skate. So just forget what happened today. You are lovely indeed: not only as a girl, but as a skater as well. You already have triples, go on working - and... who knows what the future holds?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dYKlgH-UZk&t=30m19s
To say the truth, he did his best for the first girl who had to leave. He didn't have a new story for every skater he had to see off...

Kostomarov: So what is your name?
Justina: Justina.
Kostomarov: Justina! I guess you know my name?
Justina nods
Kostomarov (about Staviski): What about him? Do you know his name? No? (laughs)
Staviski: You are not the first one who doesn't. Even he doesn't know my name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8285lFm2Bgg
Justina: I have a partner in this number. At first I was afraid of it, so I had to take it home. Later I got used to it and wasn't afraid anymore, we have reached a common understanding.
/.../
Yagudin: Justina, well done! Really. Let's forget... there was no falling, I didn't see it. It seems to me Adelina Sotnikova didn't see that falling too, because she was applauding to you after your skating! Adelina, how did you like Justina?

Yagudin (after asking about the falling out of the blue): Oh, Mashechka... Yet you were skating to Natalia Bestemianova's favourite music! From the "Suicide Squad" movie. It is also Elena Vodorezova's favourite movie! Just see how they strive to take the microphone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyLjjm7HH1Q&t=6m6s

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Behind the scenes of the "Ice Age. Kids" show

https://youtu.be/ZjDMwjtQvDg?t=1877

Thanks for the clip. Nice to see how such a show works backstage.
Zhilina skating full pelt in sunglasses under dimmed stage lighting!
Averbukh explained this year's show ls 'less tough' on the kids than last year's, but they still want to portray the life of a young skater as real as possible. With falls, tears and harsh verdicts from the jury and TAT.
And they picked those children which they think they can give some lasting advantages that will help them in their further careers. The show isn't about amusement alone.

Today we'll have all the boy contestants in single skating, right? Seems the girls and boys competed their first round the same day of TV recording
Last week's broadcast with the girls was a very nice competition, all the girls being so good, but some still a little nervous or too relaxed.

tempo

On the Ice
Today we'll have all the boy contestants in single skating, right? Seems the girls and boys competed their first round the same day of TV recording
Last week's broadcast with the girls was a very nice competition, all the girls being so good, but some still a little nervous or too relaxed.

Yes, today we will see the boys competition.
This link to the new show streaming will be alive in 10 minutes:

https://www.1tv.ru/shows/lednikovyy...period-deti-vtoroy-sezon-vypusk-ot-28-04-2019

The member of Ilya Averbukh team, Nikolay Kolesnikov today is 10 y.o.:
https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?w=wall-97272391_157338

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Nice competition and show again.

The boys were generally younger than last week’s girls and on average also weaker in their skating skills I found.
So more emphasis was put on the acting part, and there were some fun numbers for sure.
Could it be the competition between 10 year old girls in figure skating is already much more intense and serious compared to same age boys?
Gleb Kovtun explained his first training sessions lasted like 4 hours and were exhausting because there was so much new stuff to learn and remember. But he even stayed behind to memorise and repeat for himself. Gleb is related to recently retired Maksim Kovtun?

Eliminated this week were:
Kirill Arbuzov from Trankov’s team
Adel Nabyullyn from Navka’s team
Aleksey Efremenko from Kostomarov’s team
Dmitriy Sh"elkovnikov from Averbukh’s team

Dmitriy Kashayev’s “King Arthur” program stood out to me, speed, coverage and skating skills.
In my opinion, Averbukh choose the better fitting music and themes to bring out the best in his young skaters, avoiding comedy slapstick effects for a more serious artistic tone. Nikolay Kolesnikov the prime example.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Both the skaters and programs of Averbuh stood out, I mean the two ones that continue.
Nickolay Koleshnikov won my heart because there were some Julia vibes there - probably due to Averbuh, or Nickolay’s introvert, but emotional and artistic personality, or just because of these eyes... Very excited for both of the boys.

Orlov

Medalist
Eliminated this week were:
Kirill Arbuzov from Trankov’s team
Adel Nabyullyn from Navka’s team
Aleksey Efremenko from Kostomarov’s team
Dmitriy Sh"elkovnikov from Averbukh’s team

You're confused. Adel Nabyullyn in the Trankov's team. Ilya Malyshev was eliminated from the Navka's team.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Both the skaters and programs of Averbuh stood out, I mean the two ones that continue.
Nickolay Koleshnikov won my heart because there were some Julia vibes there - probably due to Averbuh, or Nickolay’s introvert, but emotional and artistic personality, or just because of these eyes... Very excited for both of the boys.

True. I liked Shelkovnikov's routine, plus the fact that he is from Krasnoyarsk, far removed from Moscow, which is sort of a disadvantage. The other eliminated boy contestants were clearly weaker, Shelkovnikov only by a little bit.

Averbukh's experience as a choreographer and ice show producer shows here. He chose right to amplify the strong points in each skater and mask their weaker points a little. Zhilina being a good example here, that special agent routine was the perfect choice for her since she yet doesn't know how to 'act', yet was completely convincing as ANGL agent. All mentors mention they want to open up new aspects found in the personalities of their young charges, for they all can skate but most must learn to act and play in their routines.

Next week is ice dance first round of competition, ice dance being the specialty of all four mentors/trainers, they will pull out all stops now. It is going to be a great show again.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
(April 28 2019)

(Tarasova tries to speak about Adel's mistakes)
Yagudin (whispers): All is well, all is well! You're awesome - no lie!
(later Yagudin pretends again, that he tries to do an element the skater did)
Tarasova: Lyosha, be careful. Your leg can come off and fly heaven knows where.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L13SVWLYs0&t=6m21s

Mishin (about Lev): Many years ago I was in America with Zhenya Plushenko, he was very young back then. So he skated, and the audience got up. Galina Zmievskaya stood behind me - and she said: "Oh, Alexei Nikolayevich, you'll have to travel with this boy!" So now I look at you, boy, - you are awesome! And your wonderful coach Seryozha Davydov will have to travel with you too - all over the world. All over the country, all over the world. Wish you and him great success.
Yagudin: Alexei Nikolayevich, Zhenya Plushenko had standing ovations not only in America, but everywhere he skated.
Mishin: Well, I remember that case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaWR9Q35F4Y&t=5m15s

Klimentiy danced to a comic song "If I was a sultan, I'd have three wives"
Yagudin: Klementiy, congratulations on your fantastical wattage! Do you know why do we sit on this sofa now? It is because when you were dancing, it seemed your small straight legs were running ahead of yourself sometimes. How do you manage to make it?
Klimentiy: Hmm... I practise a lot, I skate.
Yagudin: I see. I thought you'd say something unstandard. (to Bestemyanova) Natalya? I'd say I was ready to dance together with Klimentiy! Well, of course, I'd like to lie down for a while, but I'd like to dance too.
/.../
Tarasova: You are awesome! You really like what you do. You feel it, you dance...
Yagudin: No, Tatiana Anatolievna. On Klimentiy. Tell something!
Tarasova: I speak on Klimentiy, not on you. As for you, words are strengthless.
/.../
Yagudin: Alexei Nikolayevich, would you like to say something?
Mishin: You know, I'm listening to the distinguished judges, to all these sweet words... it is so sweet, that I start to think you and your wonderful coach Alexei Chetverukhin should work on triples, and if you master triples, you'll have 100 wives. Wish you success.
Yagudin: In that case you'll have to win many competitions, because it's really hard to support 100 wives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3306Uaco6U&t=5m42s

Mishin: I have an unexpected opinion about this skater. You know, you can be sure you have future, because if you don't manage to become an outstanding single skater, you can be a wonderful ice dancer. You are well-shaped, graceful, yet you won't overshine your partner, you'll bring her into focus. I see you can be a wonderful ice dancer in future.
Yagudin: Well, Alexei Nikolayevich, let's be in no hurry. Let's try single skating first. We can switch to ice dancing at any time, right?
Mishin: You and me? Sure we can!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3NXbekMD4&t=5m32s