2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
TAT was a ice dancer, right?
So she feels she has credentials to criticize on males singles other than being the resident busybody?

Oh, please! :rolleye: She was a coach of 2 OGM men, Kulik and Yagudin. I think people here are just upset when she doesn't coddle their favorite skater like a baby the way they do. The comments about weight are the only real issue I have with her. But I'd rather listen to TAT than any of the American commentators, that's for sure.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm American, and I'd rather listen to TAT (even if I don't know what she's saying) than the US commentators.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I mean, does it get any worse than them? :laugh2:
Are they really that bad? Unfortunately, access to US broadcasts on the net is very limited here, 99% are blocked and uploads to YT are almost impossible to find.

I do like the CBC commentators and those who I think are Australian on Eurosports.

I have many Russian broadcasts downloaded with good and informative commentary. I like recently retired competitors the best because they know their stuff and the participants from personal experience.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I find them mostly annoying. Though, to me even the BESP guys at times get annoying--when they don't know their stuff. What I hate the most is commentators saying things they are wrong about. I love the ladies from TDP, they are informed and emotional in good measure.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
https://youtu.be/NPHVxozDIEM

Just discovered this cute and talented boy on YouTube. He has a couple of triples at 9 and some amazing spins, I hope he’ll be able to keep his flexibility through adolescence. He also reminds me a lot of Ilia.

tempo

On the Ice

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I do like the CBC commentators and those who I think are Australian on Eurosports.

They’re British. Chris Howarth came 15th in the 1980 Winter Olympics (with his team mate Robin Cousins winning Gold) and the other regular is Nicky Slater an ice dancer 1983 European bronze and was 6th in the 1984 Olympics.

I don’t mind the Russian commentators. They’re partisan but they’re knowledgeable and passionate.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Maksim Kovtun just announced his retirement.
He said he gave it everything when practicing, but he understood that his back injuries will never allow him to compete as a top athlete, and of course to podium too.
Good luck to Maksim going forward!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
this boy is impressive, no doubts, how old is he? will we see him at jgp?

vitamintea

On the Ice
How is Matvei Vetlugin looking for getting JGP assignments next year? Really enjoyed him at JGP Richmond last year and thought his Greatest Showman FS was really sweet.

(Side note, does anyone else feel that it's infinitely more adorable when kids skate to these kitschy showtune-style programs? Love the ice dance pair from that Russian Ice Age show and I love Matvei's skate here. But I find adults skating seriously to these kinds of performances a little cringey.)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How is Matvei Vetlugin looking for getting JGP assignments next year? Really enjoyed him at JGP Richmond last year and thought his Greatest Showman FS was really sweet.

I must have missed Matvei last season, you're right though that was adorable! He was so happy with himself at the end.

Hope he gets an assignment or two next JGP season!

(Side note, does anyone else feel that it's infinitely more adorable when kids skate to these kitschy showtune-style programs? Love the ice dance pair from that Russian Ice Age show and I love Matvei's skate here. But I find adults skating seriously to these kinds of performances a little cringey.)

Well, it helps that Matvei's costume is fabulous! Alexander S's looked...well...cheap.

I guess it depends on the skater, some of them can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.