2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

starla16

Medalist
so will they sub Kovtun for Aliev or Lazukin ?
hes hitting the 198-220 range again in international, talk about all the hype.

If they want to keep 3 spots they have to gamble with Aliev maybe.
Kolyada is a headcase too, anyways Kolyada will be of no use once Gumennik and Samsonov hit seniors.

Gumennik will be senior next year then maybe Samsonov before 2022 Olympics.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
so will they sub Kovtun for Aliev or Lazukin ?
hes hitting the 198-220 range again in international, talk about all the hype.

If they want to keep 3 spots they have to gamble with Aliev maybe.
Kolyada is a headcase too, anyways Kolyada will be of no use once Gumennik and Samsonov hit seniors.

Gumennik will be senior next year then maybe Samsonov before 2022 Olympics.

Too soon to say who's going to hold out until seniors. But Aliev didn't really have the best track record this season.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dang it was looking so good for the Russian men this Euros!

Congratulations to Samarin on his sliver though.

I think Sergei Vonorov should go to Worlds if healthy, I know he's not super consistent either, but I think he implodes less than the alternatives.

starla16

Medalist

I think Sergei Vonorov should go to Worlds if healthy, I know he's not super consistent either, but I think he implodes less than the alternatives.

I forgot about Voronov, which placement did he got in nationals ?
if hes below top 5, I don't think they will select him

and the rus fed doesn't favor him much.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

We'll have to wait and see what's going to happen at the Universiade, then the Russian Cup Final. Maxim can show his programs again, and if he does okay, I think he'll go. Unless Misha's injury is more serious and he WDs, then another spot opens up.

starla16

Medalist
Too soon to say who's going to hold out until seniors. But Aliev didn't really have the best track record this season.

Samarin is the least inconsistent of all the russian men, Gumennik may fare well next year. Samsonov is defeinitely to watch out for, he is gritty like Trusova and has all the big jumps.

Kolyada seems out of Worlds too ? Aliev was never consistent.
Samarin has benefited from years of not having too much pressure lets see how he holds it at Universiade and Worlds

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Samarin is the least inconsistent of all the russian men, Gumennik may fare well next year. Samsonov is defeinitely to watch out for, he is gritty like Trusova and has all the big jumps.

Kolyada seems out of Worlds too ?

Hard to know at the moment. But Samsonov is talk for three, four years from now (where's Erokhov?). Gumennik still has to prove himself in the junior field. He has one quad and some consistency, but really, we've been debating about what's going to happen when he adds more difficult jumps.

starla16

Medalist
Hard to know at the moment. But Samsonov is talk for three, four years from now (where's Erokhov?). Gumennik still has to prove himself in the junior field. He has one quad and some consistency, but really, we've been debating about what's going to happen when he adds more difficult jumps.

Gumennik has gotten more stable I think the pressure with Mishin to jump his triple axel was even too much, since he switched coach
and trains in a smaller group is working out well for him.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
They should still send Kolyada to worlds unless his team thinks it might not be good for his next season. His SP was solid and I always think it’s better to fall than pop. Kovtun though, what was that?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Gumennik has gotten more stable I think the pressure with Mishin to jump his triple axel was even too much, since he switched coach
and trains in a smaller group is working out well for him.

Of course, but he's gotten more stable when they let him take the time with his jumps. Hopefully he can skate good programs at JW.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
I think the federation needs to have skate off between Kolyada, Aliev, Voronov, and Lazukin. I think Samarin has earned his spot with his Silver medal but the rest of these guys need to go up against each other. Whichever ones do the best, can go. I just don't understand why the Russian men can't pull it together. They're so talented and have so much potential but the minute you put them under pressure, the popping and the falling starts. It's really disappointing.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I forgot about Voronov, which placement did he got in nationals ?
if hes below top 5, I don't think they will select him

and the rus fed doesn't favor him much.

He wasn't there, he was injured. :rolleye: And maybe the RusFed needs to start favoring some different people instead of the flops they have favored for the last several years.

skatenewbie

Medalist
i think it was just nerve being the leader after SP and pressure for being Euro champ after 7 year drought for Kolyada, he did better as the season goes.

starla16

Medalist
He wasn't there, he was injured. :rolleye: And maybe the RusFed needs to start favoring some different people instead of the flops they have favored for the last several years.

they need to look into more consistent skaters, I agree Kolyada, Kovtun and Aliev are flops and don't do well in big pressure cooking events.

Status
Not open for further replies.