2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i wonder who will got the CoR host spot. Kolyada, Lazukin, Samarin, Aliev, Kovtun and Voronov wont have probles getting 2 GP. Savosin also guaranteed 1 by his WS. Shulepov might get 1 since his SB is not far off top 24. Who else?

I think it will go to Savosin to give him 2 GP. Erokhov, Murashov, Ignatov and Samoilov will have to work the Challenger/Senior Bs to up their rankings and get a good SB for the following season.

There is also Petrov, Dmitriev Jr, and Miliukov but I would prefer it to go to Savosin.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think it will go to Savosin to give him 2 GP. Erokhov, Murashov, Ignatov and Samoilov will have to work the Challenger/Senior Bs to up their rankings and get a good SB for the following season.

There is also Petrov, Dmitriev Jr, and Miliukov but I would prefer it to go to Savosin.
Yes, Murashov and Ignatov are the other two who are aging out of juniors but they have no GP spots. I hope Ignatov is over his illness/injuries and will actually compete next season and not just disappear for most of it. Same for Erokhov.

tempo

On the Ice
IX Winter Spartakiad of Russian students (youth) 2019
Dates: March 21 - 26, 2019
Venue: Saransk, Ice Palace of the Republic of Mordovia

March 25 (Monday)
09.15 - 13.30 GMT - Boys, free skate program

The live stream is at youtube channel TheFSRussia.

Maximilian Ermolin - group 4, nr.20
Andrey Mozalev - group 5, nr.22
Daniil Samsonov - group 5, nr.25
Petr Gumennik - group 5, nr.26
Ilya Yablokov - group 5, nr.27

lyrichord

Rinkside
Petr beat Daniil with great score in fs. Petr had beautiful 4S2T to start program and also 4S. Daniil had step out on 3A and ur on 4Lz https://fsrussia.ru/results/1819/sparta2019/CAT001RS.HTM
Is that the first time Petr has put two quads in the free skate? Shame his only really bad skate came at junior worlds this year in an otherwise strong season. I wonder if RusFed might have promoted him to seniors if he’d medaled there, although he’s probably better off without that additional pressure.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Is that the first time Petr has put two quads in the free skate? Shame his only really bad skate came at junior worlds this year in an otherwise strong season. I wonder if RusFed might have promoted him to seniors if he’d medaled there, although he’s probably better off without that additional pressure.

I don't think he's going to be lucky when it comes to pressure, but with only two spots for the men now, it doesn't make sense for him to go senior anyway.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
He replaced one 3A with a quad rather than replacing an easier jump, but still impressive as a first step.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The off-season is close. The previous one was marked by unprecedented attacks on Eteri - multiple threads "dedicated" to her were created. I hope that those who did it have calmed down.

I am writing this because one of the key accusations was that she ruined career of Adian Pitkeev. In his recent interview he speaks about what he thinks of Eteri and his experience:

"I have normal communication with Eteri Georgievna. Not every week but regularly. Everyone wants to discuss her work but very few know her well. In short, the workload there is just enough to win Olympic Games - what's the problem? If there is result it means that everything is OK. However, when there is success there is also negativity towards it. I don't want to be rude but negativity comes from those who are not doing anything useful.

They say that with Eteri you either become a champion or disappear. But let's take a look at figure skating in general. How many talented junior skaters did we have? How many of them reached big success? Many of Eteri's group reach the top as juniors.

Three key features of Eteri Georgievna: 1) the devotion to her work - complete selflessness, the readinness to work the whole day 2) demanding nature - it goes to the future and I feel it 3) she can create a positive atmosphere in the training process

As for the back injury, some doctors said that the injury is hereditary, chronic. Other doctors did not confirm it. I have the diagnosis but it is personal. Some connect it with the work of Tutberidze. I don't know. If we go back to the topic who became the champion and who had to quit - I am the one who had to quit. But this is the selection. It hurt me before but now I am calm about it. I analyze the situation objectively and understand that it is what happens not only with me but with figure skating in general. I think that it is normal that out of big talents some could not make it and some could. "

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
It is not worth it to do 2 high scoring jumps into a combination. It is better for him to work on a new quad and separate high scoring jumps

I'd be happy if he rotated and landed any of his jumps tbh :laugh:

(Obviously, I say this in jest. Dima is a beautiful cactus and I just want him to pull it together in competition.)

tempo

On the Ice
Russian Elder Age Novices Championship 2019
Iceberg Palace, Sochi Olympic park.

14:00 msk - boys, short program

18:00 msk - girls, short program

The live stream will be at JuniorTV channel (2 hours countdown to the boys' SP).

Vladislav Dikiji - group 1, nr.1
Matvey Vetlugin - group 1, nr.3
Georgiy Kunitsa - group 2, nr.6
Maximilian Ermolin - group 2, nr.7
Ilya Yablokov - group 3, nr.11
Andrey Kutovoy - group 3, nr.13
Andrey Mozalev - group 5, nr.25

tempo

On the Ice
Russian Elder Age Novices Championship 2019
Iceberg Palace, Sochi Olympic park.

10:30 msk - boys, free skate

14:30 msk - girls, free skate

The live stream will be at JuniorTV channel (45 minutes countdown to the boys' FS)
youtube.com/watch?v=welsjgc8nss

Maximilian Ermolin - group 3, nr.11
Andrey Mozalev - group 5, nr.21
Vladislav Dikiji - group 5, nr.22
Georgiy Kunitsa - group 5, nr.23
Matvey Vetlugin - group 5, nr.24
Andrey Kutovoy - group 5, nr.25
Ilya Yablokov - group 5, nr.26

Status
Not open for further replies.