2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So he had a bone bruise? Ouch, I'm glad he's not pushing through. He's the junior silver medalist, and his wishes for JGP slots will probably be honored, especially since he has a good reason and an influential coach. I really like him, I hope he heals soon, and finds success again this season :)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi folks,

Just a reminder :pray:

As we kick off with the JGP, please refrain from using the "State of (national)" and Fan Fest threads to discuss competitions. As always, keep competition chat in the Competition forums.

Should we find that folks are discussing competition info in these threads, they will be closed until after the competition.

To clarify, we are simply asking that posters don't use these threads as a replacement for competition threads.

You can discuss a skater's performance and the overall results of a skater. Comment's like this are ok: "So-and-so got the bronze -- yay!" or "Trusova makes history with the first quad combo in competition" in the Edge. If someone wants to put that so-and-so landed a triple Axel in the respective FF, that is no problem.

However, there are folks who will inevitably try to use the national threads as a replacement for the competition threads, and that is what we want to avoid.

The pleasure of the competition threads is the feeling of sitting around the sports bar with your buddies all watching the action together and discussing play-by-plays and elements in depth.. Many people are actually watching on various platforms and like to make comments such as, "Did you see that? She fell on her triple flip in the warm-up?" Or, "What kind of a silly costume is that?"

rachno2

Record Breaker

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Kovtun is Buianova’s mystery Carmen after all?

Yes, and thank goodness. I was really hoping for it between he and Danielian. I even watched previous male Carmen programs okay i'm lying, only Yagudin and Petrenko!, I liked Petrenko's, drums, bells and all :laugh:

Weathergal

Medalist
New interview with Kovtun, translated by TAHbKA
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/vaytsekhovskayas-interview-with-kovtun.104299/

"Age allows me to skate for many more years"
Original interview here: https://mrsport.ria.ru/interview/20180823/1140728239.html

SP to Nat King Cole, "LOVE" and Sing, Sing, Sing.
FP to Carmen version by Rodion Shchedrin.

I mentioned this in the programs thread as well - I like this music for Maxim. I always thought his Spanish-themed SP from a few years ago was one of his more successful programs. I have a bit of a soft spot for him and hope he's really matured as the interview suggests.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mentioned this in the programs thread as well - I like this music for Maxim. I always thought his Spanish-themed SP from a few years ago was one of his more successful programs. I have a bit of a soft spot for him and hope he's really matured as the interview suggests.

I liked his SP from last season. Too bad he didn't keep that one.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Results from Bratislava:
5. Savosin
7. Rukhin

Lots of assignment substitutions so far. Next up in Linz is Kovalev and Savosin (will he even keep this assignment :think:). Kaunas still has Murashov and Rukhin (see Savosin) and Richmond has Vetlugin and now Gumennik.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JGP Czech Skate

Kirill IAKOVLEV
Andrei MOZALEV

Subs:
Artur DANIELIAN
Petr GUMENNIK
Makar IGNATOV
Artem KOVALEV
Egor MURASHOV
Mikhail POLIANSKII
Egor RUKHIN
Roman SAVOSIN
Evgeni SEMENENKO
Matvei VETLUGIN

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108807.htm

Competition: Joseph Phan, Mitsuki Sumoto, and Camden Pulkinen :cool:

I have no idea why they did not put Roman on the sub list for 2 JGPs in a row, but he is back on the list and it now includes Ignatov and Danielian.

skatenewbie

Medalist
don't think so
he can only have JGP 6&7 now because he's not assigned to JGP 2-5 so far. He may get Rukhin 2nd assignment though in JGP 3 Kaunas if RusFed didnt want him to have back to back events. Also i wonder why they just put Ignatov on the sub list now, since last year he made it to JGPF...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
JGP Czech Skate

Kirill IAKOVLEV
Andrei MOZALEV

Subs:
Artur DANIELIAN
Petr GUMENNIK
Makar IGNATOV
Artem KOVALEV
Egor MURASHOV
Mikhail POLIANSKII
Egor RUKHIN
Roman SAVOSIN
Evgeni SEMENENKO
Matvei VETLUGIN

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108807.htm

Competition: Joseph Phan, Mitsuki Sumoto, and Camden Pulkinen :cool:

I have no idea why they did not put Roman on the sub list for 2 JGPs in a row, but he is back on the list and it now includes Ignatov and Danielian.

Maybe he's no longer going to Austria? Should he be already there, right?

Kirill should be a good skater, i've watched him only few times in the past, i don't think think he has chances to medal against Phan, Sumoto and Pulkinen.

While I hope Andrei Mozalev improved his jumping technique, at Nationals it was really weird. (how old is he?)

atsumiri

Record Breaker
he can only have JGP 6&7 now because he's not assigned to JGP 2-5 so far. He may get Rukhin 2nd assignment though in JGP 3 Kaunas if RusFed didnt want him to have back to back events. Also i wonder why they just put Ignatov on the sub list now, since last year he made it to JGPF...

he is not in substitute list for JGP 2-5 stages. so he can't be assigned there.
I just don't think he will have any assignment at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.