2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also i wonder why they just put Ignatov on the sub list now, since last year he made it to JGPF...

He was a sub for Bratislava and then disappeared but Rukavitsyn hasn't said anything about him but did do a soundbite on Sotnikova recently :palmf:

skatenewbie

Medalist
He was a sub for Bratislava and then disappeared but Rukavitsyn hasn't said anything about him but did do a soundbite on Sotnikova recently :palmf:

hopefully he can get a JGP... he can only get 6th one though unless RusFed pulls someone out.

also http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108811.htm

Artur Dmitriev is currently assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy 2018!

edit: so i look it up and only Samarin who is yet to get challenger and Kovtun but he's not doing GP. So i guess Samarin will go to Finlandia/ACI ? leaning towards Finlandia though.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
hopefully he can get a JGP... he can only get 6th one though unless RusFed pulls someone out.

also http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108811.htm

Artur Dmitriev is currently assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy 2018!

edit: so i look it up and only Samarin who is yet to get challenger and Kovtun but he's not doing GP. So i guess Samarin will go to Finlandia/ACI ? leaning towards Finlandia though.
Samarin apparently is recovering from an injury (another off-season injury :slink:) so that's probably affecting his ability to do Challenger events.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Competition chat: Update

This is a blanket post for all national threads as JGP Linz kicks off.

Just a reminder:pray:

Please keep all competition chat in the Competition forums. This includes scores, starting orders, elements, etc. Last week, we tried to encourage folks to post using their best judgement, however, some posters inevitably used various other threads as a replacement for the competition threads, and that is what we want to avoid.

Once the event is over, feel free to discuss in other Fan Fest, national threads, etc.

Should we find that folks are still discussing competition info in these threads, said threads will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks for you understanding and for supporting Golden Skate!

ArchivatorRUS

Spectator
I respect Mishin for his past achievements of course ,but unfortunately for him every time he mentions Mika it's just so obvious that there is some sort of personal grudge/jealousy/bias... that it makes his opinion otherwise valuable much less so...
I don't believe for a moment that Mika is not training hard enough or the training structure is lacking somehow, the quality in everything he does speaks for himself (Mishin's students with textbook jump technique, gorgeous SS & great spins combined - where are they may I ask?). His problems are entirely mental - a lack of self confidence, competitive attitude, killer instinct you name it but it is all between the ears...he is not lacking stamina either so nothing wrong with his training as such but mental preparation is an issue and I think this is what they went to Raf for (though it could not be said that Nathan has no problem in that department either)

Tatiana Tarasova said the same thing during the Olympic Games.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Russia has been moving the junior boys left and right, all the spots are just provisional. As long as he is on the sub list (and is ready to compete) he can get 1 or 2 of the last 3 JGP events. There are still 2 more JGP events where he can be named for the main team or at least a sub (Ljubljana and Yerevan).

Update:
Rukhin has been removed from Kaunas (JGP #3) replaced by Iakovlev. Iakovlev will probably be removed from Ostrava (JGP #5).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some updates:
On Monday starts the Open Championship of Moscow, most junior boys based out of Moscow will be there except for Rukhin, Savosin, and Danielian. Murashov was scheduled to be there and will no longer be as he will compete in Kaunas (JGP #3). Iakovlev will probably be removed for the same reason. Not sure if Kovalev will be there as it is a short turn around from Linz (JGP#2).

On Sept 14th is the 1st Cup of Russia (Moscow entries only). Kovtun was scheduled to be there and has been removed (reason unknown).

**You can keep up with who has been removed from these 2 competitions by clicking on the "I" button.**

ETA: 1st Cup of St. Petersburg is also coming up this Tuesday. No clue who is on that entry list for the junior boys/men.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Kovalev is such a performer, his LP at Linz was really enjoyable besides the mistake on the 3A, he just needs to work his consistency.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Kovalev is such a performer, his LP at Linz was really enjoyable besides the mistake on the 3A, he just needs to work his consistency.

Oh, i really like his fire and determination. Such a lot of potential there. Even when Savosin was much better in jumps, Kovalev is the one i want to see more. Let's hope he will be injury free and won't gain a lot of height all of the sudden (he has the age when this could happen overnight). Can he jump any quads?

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Oh, i really like his fire and determination. Such a lot of potential there. Even when Savosin was much better in jumps, Kovalev is the one i want to see more. Let's hope he will be injury free and won't gain a lot of height all of the sudden (he has the age when this could happen overnight). Can he jump any quads?

I guess we won't see a quad from him now since he still has problems with the 3A, but I hope I'm wrong.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Who knows? If i remember correctly, Lambiel had problems a lot with his 3A but his 4T was very good. Sometimes a jump makes more problem than other.
I hope that Plushenko can help Kovalev to be more sure on his jumps. His other elements are great for his age and he has charisma, something i miss at the moment at both Savosin and Erokhov.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Who knows? If i remember correctly, Lambiel had problems a lot with his 3A but his 4T was very good. Sometimes a jump makes more problem than other.
I hope that Plushenko can help Kovalev to be more sure on his jumps. His other elements are great for his age and he has charisma, something i miss at the moment at both Savosin and Erokhov.

Plush works with him sometimes on his jumps but not continously and it seems they have agreement Volkov is Artem's main coach. They weren't in the summer camp of the Academy in Bulgaria.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plush works with him sometimes on his jumps but not continously and it seems they have agreement Volkov is Artem's main coach. They weren't in the summer camp of the Academy in Bulgaria.

Well yes, I don't see that changing just because they moved to Plushenko's school.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Everytime i watch him, i'm like "kudos to him for keep trying" cause he showed improvements these years in juniors but still you can see he wasn't the most talented skater out there.

With that jumping technique i don't know how long he's going to last.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Savosin, though, he's pretty steady. I mean, as the guys go, he's not what I would describe as a headcase. He gets dinged out of the medals, but he rarely implodes. Sometimes those turn out to be the people who really get the job done. There are definitely some guys with more natural talent. But I'll give him credit for using what he's got.

madison

Record Breaker
Wow, coach Sergio from Eteri's camp looks so good :laugh::luv17:
Eteri did a great job when choosing her co-workers :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.