2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
So, Kovtun has now only three chances. He must be injured to pass the chance.

Also Samoilov, he was not so bad last season, does he still have problems with that bad back?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, Kovtun has now only three chances. He must be injured to pass the chance.

Also Samoilov, he was not so bad last season, does he still have problems with that bad back?

Yes, I posted an article in his fan thread were he states he is recovering from a small injury. That was prior to test skates. Here's the article: https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/1066857202.html

No clue about Samoilov, he was seen cheering on some of his teammates at the Moscow Open Championships a few weeks back. They say he went to Azroyan who coaches Miliukov, winner of the first Cup of Russia.

century2009

On the Ice
the first ever in competition 3Lz-3F

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1045681935530577921

Alexey Mishin: “Dmitriev is closest to the quadruple axel of all the athletes I have seen” https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1067323885.html

It was nice but I doubt he will use this again. The reason why this jump has not been used because it is lower in value and gets lower GOE.

Everyone keeps saying that about the quad axel but we still have not seen it. At this point, the risk and reward for competition might not be worth it given the value now.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I wonder if for Dmitiriev wouldn't be better to try to increase his presentation skills and clean his other skills for better GOE at this moment instead in investing so much time in the 4A. Somehow after all these years he is in the senior circuit, i still not like his skating very much (but he made some progress from last year at least). His costume for the short is atrocious, he doesn't help himself to look more pleasant in the eyes of the public. Sigh... with so many charismatic Russian skaters he will have no light future.

LRK

Record Breaker
I wonder if for Dmitiriev wouldn't be better to try to increase his presentation skills and clean his other skills for better GOE at this moment instead in investing so much time in the 4A. Somehow after all these years he is in the senior circuit, i still not like his skating very much (but he made some progress from last year at least). His costume for the short is atrocious, he doesn't help himself to look more pleasant in the eyes of the public. Sigh... with so many charismatic Russian skaters he will have no light future.

I think all this is exactly why he's pursuing the 4A. It may be his only claim to fame. What has he to lose at this point anyway?

Lana05

Final Flight
I think all this is exactly why he's pursuing the 4A. It may be his only claim to fame. What has he to lose at this point anyway?

Artur loves jumps and try new things like that combo or 4A. He loves the feeling of flying. He's not a fan of choreo lessons, ballet and doesn't care much about presentation. I am glad that he's doing what he likes and brings new things to this sport. His goal was to do smth for the first time and he did it:yes2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Nahh
Samarin is LORD!!! He is incomparable with ordinary mortals. :roll5:
While Artur is just an experimentator. But I like his experiment with "wood" :laugh:

Oh god, I thought we were done with the "lord" stuff since what's his name doesn't post here any more.

Different strokes for different folks, for sure!

Why are there so many in-jokes with Russian men? What is "experiment with wood"?

Oh, I guess I'll weigh in on programs.

Kolyada: Disappointing SP and LP. He has all the skills he needs, but there just isn't a breakthrough in terms of programs yet.

Aliev: Pretty boring programs. He's shown us he can do this stuff already, too.

At least their personal styles, especially Aliev's, are still nice. And Kolyada has his jumps.

Dmitriev makes Samarin look like Nureyev.

True enough. Samarin showed disappointingly little improvement for being much younger, though.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Does Mozalev have a second JGP?

(is there room to give him one? I think so.)
i guess he will get Murashov assignment in Yerevan. Or Danielian 2nd assignment if he does worse than Murashov? Let's see. Iakovlev have a shot to JGPF but quite unlikely, he's 4th in line at the moment, we have Gumennik, Mozalev, Danielian also Hiwatashi and Shimada who have silver too yet to skate... not mentioning bronze and 4th placer

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mozalev just replaced Murashov in Yerevan with that win. Now we wait for Danielian to see who gets the last spot in Yerevan. And seriously, I should email CSKA. Had Iakovlev had 3 jump combos instead of 2, he would have a win (Kaunas) and a bronze (Ostrava), possibly good enough for the final. I'm so peeved right now :scowl: How on god's green earth did they make this error TWICE :bang: how did they even make it ONCE :bang:

ETA: Like I was peeved and emotions took over and I messaged Zavozin who was there with Kirill. Hopefully he relays the message to the coaches and it gets fixed otherwise :bang:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Mozalev's win was unexpected but deserved. Still, what a weird mix of music in FS!:shocked:

What a bunch of great junior Russia has this year, i have already four favorites and i still haven't saw Danielian :love:. If a couple of them survive the puberty and the learning of quads, it would be great!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FWIW, Kovtun said his first start is the Cup of Russia IV which is Nov. 6-10th. Well at that point, he has no choice but to skate otherwise he risk not qualifying for nationals.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Now that was pretty cool, I don't care where you're from! Although it was interesting to see from the comments that apparently the rules don't really care which edge you land on. Is that true?

Alexey Mishin: “Dmitriev is closest to the quadruple axel of all the athletes I have seen” https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1067323885.html

Are Mishin and Dmitriev Jnr on good terms again? Last I saw them Dmitriev looked like he wanted to punch Mishin in the face!

Status
Not open for further replies.