2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
is Voronov finished? What are the chances Kovtun will regain his progress? They need a skater to take charge but I guess the tech push for quads is making it hard for a consistent champion.

Sergei continues on! :biggrin: he and Maxim Kovtun are under the same coach now I think? It's hard to keep track, they keep moving around!

Not sure how likely Maxim is to get his progress back though, we'll have to wait and see.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Approved list of candidates for Russian national teams (main and reserve)

Senior:

Main: Dmitri Aliev, Sergei Voronov, Arthur Dmitriev, Alexei Erokhov, Mikhail Kolyada, Aleksandr Samarin
Reserve: Andrei Lazukin, Anton Shulepov, Vladimir Samoilov

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/RUteam1819.pdf

ETA:

Junior (13-21 yrs):

Main: Danielian, Savosin, Ignatov, Murashov
Reserve: Semenenko, Vetlugin, Gumennik

Boys (11-19 yrs):

Main: Rukhin
Reserve: Samsonov, Yakovlev, Kutovoi

Coaching changes:

Seniors: Voronov to Buyanova, Dmitriev to Dmitriev Sr.
Juniors: Gumennik has added Sezganov to his team, Kutovoi and Yakovlev has transferred to Buyanova/Selitskaya.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Wow, Samoilov in reserve senior team. And Petrov is out, i had such big hopes with him :(...

I don't recognize Samoilov's music, but i see that he begins to loosen his movements, they are not so stiff anymore (but sadly a natural dancer he ain't, this will be his big problem).

I haven't saw Arthur Dimitriev on any Instagram of Plushi's academy, does anyone know if Plush collaboration with him is still in the cards? Just curious how it would work, i could have sooner see Kovtun working good with Plush than Arthur (which at this moment i cannot imagine working good with anyone, perhaps Urmanov?). Speaking about Kovtun, he isn't either in the team, not even as a reserve! This is....unexpected.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Petrov and Kovtun accomplished absolutely nothing last season, and both dropped out of Nationals after scoring in the mid-60s for their SP. Nothing unexpected about that.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Samoilov in reserve senior team. And Petrov is out, i had such big hopes with him :(...

I don't recognize Samoilov's music, but i see that he begins to loosen his movements, they are not so stiff anymore (but sadly a natural dancer he ain't, this will be his big problem).

I haven't saw Arthur Dimitriev on any Instagram of Plushi's academy, does anyone know if Plush collaboration with him is still in the cards? Just curious how it would work, i could have sooner see Kovtun working good with Plush than Arthur (which at this moment i cannot imagine working good with anyone, perhaps Urmanov?). Speaking about Kovtun, he isn't either in the team, not even as a reserve! This is....unexpected.

Dmitriev coach is listed only as Dmitriev Sr. I'll add it to the post with coaches changes. He is clearly no longer with Klimkin, don't know about Plushy.

As far as Samoilov's music, see this ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUH_vqsV45o

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Speaking about Kovtun, he isn't either in the team, not even as a reserve! This is....unexpected.

Well not really unexpected since funding next year is based off your performance from last season. Just because they are not funded by the RusFed doesn't mean anything really as far as assignments. They can still get Senior Bs, Challengers, go on to Euros/Worlds if they perform well enough.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Well not really unexpected since funding next year is based off your performance from last season. Just because they are not funded by the RusFed doesn't mean anything really as far as assignments. They can still get Senior Bs, Challengers, go on to Euros/Worlds if they perform well enough.

Somehow i think that climbing back is harder than staying in some level, it takes a lot of poise from someone and i don't think that Petrov has it sadly (please, i want to be wrong on this). Kovtun...who knows...His problem is that at this moment the young and hungry ones are coming and that he has no signature skill in his skating to give him some leverage. Dimitriev is smart trying for that elusive 4 Axel , this is his last chance.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deleted - wrong thread :palmf:

LOL. Well to still answer your question, Tutk finished higher at Russian Nats. Nationals is worth a lot when it come to funding, that and Russian Cup Final, Junior Nats, etc. Don't know how Semenenko made the reserve team with one JGP with not so great skating and then going missing the rest of the season :scratch2:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Senior:

Main: Dmitri Aliev, Sergei Voronov, Arthur Dmitriev, Alexei Erokhov, Mikhail Kolyada, Aleksandr Samarin

ETA:

Junior (13-21 yrs):

Boys (11-19 yrs):

Coaching changes:

Juniors: Gumennik has added Sezganov to his team, Kutovoi and Yakovlev has transferred to Buyanova/Selitskaya.

Is that a joke? Samoilov is sooo much better than Dmitriev. :disapp:

gabriele

On the Ice

What would the funding situation for choreo, training, travel be like? Or does not being on the team mean no living allowance only?

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice

Senior:

ETA:

Junior (13-21 yrs):

Boys (11-19 yrs):

Coaching changes:

No Kovalev, but he did bad at the Elder Age Nats :sad4:

And why is Rukhin in Boys when he did better than Ignatov in Junior Nats and got third at Elder Age? :scratch2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What would the funding situation for choreo, training, travel be like? Or does not being on the team mean no living allowance only?

My understanding is that choreo, training, etc is paid by the club. Money (funding) doesn't go from the federation to the skaters directly but to the club and the club allots the money accordingly. That's why in one interview, Sambo 70 said they were not going to pay Orser for training Med.

The skaters do get a separate allowance. Plushy mentioned it in an interview when he asked Kovtun what CSKA pays them and made a comment that no other club pays as much. Also Sotnikova said when she won Senior Nats for the first time, she started receiving an allowance (can't recall from whom).

Status
Not open for further replies.