RISPORT comfort width | Golden Skate

RISPORT comfort width

tereskacz

Rinkside
Hi,

I am considering Electra Light for me. The width is marked as 'comfortable' but I didn't find anywhere how much is it actually. Does anybody has them already?

I know that Rispot's C wide is too narrow for me and I have to have boots for 10-15 mondo points (mm) bigger to accommodate my forefoot.
I understood the commercial cataloque that "comfort" width is even wider then C but haven't find number to proof it.

and one more question about the Risport. local dealer is saying that model RF3 PRO has stifness rating 50 but Risport 60 on their webside. I have downloaded catalogue from 2017 - and it says 50 stiffness. Cataloque for 2018-19 says 60 .... that is a mass. I would go for RF3 PRO if it is 50 but 60 is too much for me.:scratch2:

thx for sharing your experience with RISPORT.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I unfortunately don't have any insight on risport width as I've never worn them (I think you need ic3rabbit for that!), but aren't stiffness ratings determined by a manufacturer, relative to their own other boots? You would really need to compare stiffness of Risports to what you're currently in to figure out if the stiffness is right. Your dealer/fitter might be aligning the model with what brands they are more familiar with. Can you try any on? This "answer" just complicates it more probably :unsure:

Oh.... but from all manufacturers I have worn, a ten-point difference from one stiffness to the next really doesn't mean all that much, especially if you are adult size.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi,

I am considering Electra Light for me. The width is marked as 'comfortable' but I didn't find anywhere how much is it actually. Does anybody has them already?

I know that Rispot's C wide is too narrow for me and I have to have boots for 10-15 mondo points (mm) bigger to accommodate my forefoot.
I understood the commercial cataloque that "comfort" width is even wider then C but haven't find number to proof it.

and one more question about the Risport. local dealer is saying that model RF3 PRO has stifness rating 50 but Risport 60 on their webside. I have downloaded catalogue from 2017 - and it says 50 stiffness. Cataloque for 2018-19 says 60 .... that is a mass. I would go for RF3 PRO if it is 50 but 60 is too much for me.:scratch2:

thx for sharing your experience with RISPORT.

The Electra Light IIRC do not have the width option.

The RF3 Pro has stiffness of 60 and Width option of AA-B-C.
If the C width is too narrow for your toebox/forefoot then you are going to have to work with Risport to get a lower level rated custom to your liking. They would also be able to make it less stiff than 60, but honestly the difference between the two stock boots you were considering is 15 point stiffness which is nothing.

I wore Risport Dance boots that were custom and then used to wear a custom freestyle boot equivalent to their royal pro, but I skate at a high level. I have foot issues and a wide toebox myself.

So without knowing your level etc that is my advice: You may have to talk to your fitter and Risport about a custom to fit your needs/level.

Good luck! :)

tereskacz

Rinkside
Thank you bery much!!! Problem is that there ano no fitters on Czech Republic and only one dealer in Prague and he seems that he doesnt know his sortiment well id saying that RF3 PRO are 50 :(( they dont keep adult size on stock.

RE level - I am adult beginner, doing half turns, starting singles. It is only hobby, skating ususaly 3-4 h per week. Some says that it would take too long to brake in to stiff skates if I skate so little, same says I wouldnt brake in at all.

I will try jackson fusion freestyle next week but i was surprices that new freestyle tounge is not padded, I would have to go for fusion debut to have padded toung so I started to wonder about risport.

Is the width ‘Comfort’ wider then ‘C’?

tereskacz

Rinkside
Thanks a lot. People sre worning me not to overboot so i’ve got a bit poranoid about the stiffness

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you bery much!!! Problem is that there ano no fitters on Czech Republic and only one dealer in Prague and he seems that he doesnt know his sortiment well id saying that RF3 PRO are 50 :(( they dont keep adult size on stock.

RE level - I am adult beginner, doing half turns, starting singles. It is only hobby, skating ususaly 3-4 h per week. Some says that it would take too long to brake in to stiff skates if I skate so little, same says I wouldnt brake in at all.

I will try jackson fusion freestyle next week but i was surprices that new freestyle tounge is not padded, I would have to go for fusion debut to have padded toung so I started to wonder about risport.

Is the width ‘Comfort’ wider then ‘C’?

You're welcome.

Comfort width only comes in Risports lowest levels of boots so no it should not be wider than a C but I cannot tell you that for sure. All I know is that those levels of boots ONLY come in Comfort width, not AA through C like their other higher boots.

It sounds like you need wider than C in your forefoot/toebox so that is going to mean you will have a hard time fitting a stock boot...you will probably need a split width.

I currently wear Jackson custom boots since my Risport freestyle customs weren't working for me anymore. I wear a split width.

I don't know much about skate fitters in the Czech Republic so I cannot help you there unfortunately.

I wish you luck!

tereskacz

Rinkside
You're welcome.

Comfort width only comes in Risports lowest levels of boots so no it should not be wider than a C but I cannot tell you that for sure. All I know is that those levels of boots ONLY come in Comfort width, not AA through C like their other higher boots.

It sounds like you need wider than C in your forefoot/toebox so that is going to mean you will have a hard time fitting a stock boot...you will probably need a split width.

I currently wear Jackson custom boots since my Risport freestyle customs weren't working for me anymore. I wear a split width.

I don't know much about skate fitters in the Czech Republic so I cannot help you there unfortunately.

I wish you luck!
I see, I think I understand the consept of one size... it doesnt sound logical that it is wider than C. Thanks a lot

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I see, I think I understand the consept of one size... it doesnt sound logical that it is wider than C. Thanks a lot

I said the Comfort width is not/should NOT be wider than C.

tereskacz

Rinkside
Risport - ankle problem

May I have a question Ic3Rabbit? I bought RF3 model. They were great except my problems with bunions. We dont have fitters or proshops here so I baked them at home. Now, bunions are perfectly OK but have problem that boots are somehow getting too big around the ankle. Since i've baked them, I have to lace them pretty firmly but nevertheless they got very wide around the ankle after 30-40 min of skating so i feel like loosing control... did I ruined them by home baking or is it normal with Risport boots?:confused:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
May I have a question Ic3Rabbit? I bought RF3 model. They were great except my problems with bunions. We dont have fitters or proshops here so I baked them at home. Now, bunions are perfectly OK but have problem that boots are somehow getting too big around the ankle. Since i've baked them, I have to lace them pretty firmly but nevertheless they got very wide around the ankle after 30-40 min of skating so i feel like loosing control... did I ruined them by home baking or is it normal with Risport boots?:confused:

I can’t tell you for sure but if they were fine in ankle before you home baked them, then baking them youself caused the issue and it’s not safe imo to skate in them. You need to get them to a pro fitter or talk to risport about them.

Sam L

Medalist

Hey how did you go with these in the end?
I have bunions also and I'm curious why you were playing around with the ankles when you should playnig around with bunion area. I wouldn't thought it would be easier to get the right fit for the ankle and punch out the bunion area?

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hey how did you go with these in the end?
I have bunions also and I'm curious why you were playing around with the ankles when you should playnig around with bunion area. I wouldn't thought it would be easier to get the right fit for the ankle and punch out the bunion area?
I think the point is that the OP inadvertently loosened the ankles while attempting to modify the toeboxes to accommodate bunions. When you bake the whole boots in an oven, the entirety of the uppers becomes pliable; so, unless you know what you are doing, you can end up with unintended negative consequences. They can be remolded though, assuming they weren't baked at an excessively high temp.

Sam L

Medalist
I think the point is that the OP inadvertently loosened the ankles while attempting to modify the toeboxes to accommodate bunions. When you bake the whole boots in an oven, the entirety of the uppers becomes pliable; so, unless you know what you are doing, you can end up with unintended negative consequences. They can be remolded though, assuming they weren't baked at an excessively high temp.

Right. That makes me hopeful about my upcoming Risports that if they can be heat molded to be so pliable that loosen up areas. I would never do it myself though. Also, bunions are not in toe boxes, trust me, I have bunions. I can have a narrow area for toe box but it's the ball of the foot area that I need widened.