2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
:laugh: Oh I hear there is 1 more Carmen coming from team Russia :laugh: On Vaytsekhovskaya's blog she mentioned it just randomly. No clue who yet but apparently it's from CSKA (Buyanova; they are friends). Also on the ice was a waltz and a "dance" rap. The rap may be something different :coffee: So may the waltz.

P.S. the lady who takes photos and post them on CSKA website and runs TAT official website posted like 10 Carmen post on VK today and indeed confirmed another Carmen is coming. I figured it must be a senior skater from Buyanova's group for her to do that and not a junior.

how exciting :palmf:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
2015 was the year of POTO for the men. This post-Olympic season, it's the ladies' turn with Carmen ;)

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
Why, oh why do so many single skaters choose tangos for the season all dance teams HAVE TO do tango? :palmf: Same with any other rhythm, actually, makes no sense at all. Some things will never change in figure skating.

I blame the choreographers and coaches.

That said, I love Yo-Yo Ma and I love Evgenia, so can't wait to see her tangoing.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a warhorse. We'll be lucky if we don't have three of them. (I assume Lauriault & Le Gac know that, and it is the reason they announced their music early. Hopefully early enough that we won't have three of them).

Oh. :) I guess I'm lucky anyway, because I don't mind warhorses; I'm more interested in what the skater(s) are able to portray, what they relate to, etc. Case in point, I adored Kayne/O'Shea's Music of the Night, the year after the POTO invasion. Watching Danny's joy made it infectious. I apparently wasn't watching ice dance when there were a rash of Cell Block Tangos.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2015 was the year of POTO for the men. This post-Olympic season, it's the ladies' turn with Carmen ;)

How many Carmens have we had compared to Tangos? There seems to be more Tangos this season in ladies than Carmens.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^ You're right, there's like 9 tangos that I counted from post #2 compared with 1 confirmed (Zagitova) + 2 unconfirmed Carmens (Buyanova student, Daleman repeating SP). But looking at the list, most of the 9 ladies are skating to tango pieces that are different from each other's. With Carmen, we are practically guaranteed to hear Habanera as one of the pieces.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
^ You're right, there's like 9 tangos that I counted from post #2 compared with 1 confirmed (Zagitova) + 2 unconfirmed Carmens (Buyanova student, Daleman repeating SP). But looking at the list, most of the 9 ladies are skating to tango pieces that are different from each other's. With Carmen, we are practically guaranteed to hear Habanera as one of the pieces.

Oh lord no... I really hope she doesn't repeat that musical atrocity. It manages to insult both the French language and warhorse music at the same time...

You can do better Gabby!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs:

Patricia ANDREW / Paxton FLETCHER CAN
SP: "Il Postino" by Luis Bacalov; choreo by Mary Angela Larmer
FS: "Piano Fantasy" by William Joseph; choreo by Mary Angela Larmer CAN

Brooke MCINTOSH / Brandon TOSTE CAN
SP: "Step In Time (from "Mary Poppins") by R. Sherman; choreo by Alison Purkiss
FS: Pirates of the Caribbean (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Alison Purkiss

Ice Dance:
Nadiia BASHYNSKA / Peter BEAUMONT CAN
RD: Tango: Carmen by Georges Bizet; Flamenco: Carmen by Georges Bizet; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
FD: Cinderella (soundtrack) by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs CAN

Ellie FISHER / Simon-Pierre MALETTE-PAQUETTE CAN
RD: "Tango D'Amor" by Tango Jointz feat. Bellma Cespedes; Tango: "Verano Portena" performed by Tango Quattro; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD: "Look Down" by Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, The Convicts; "I Dreamed a Dream" performed by Glee Cast; Les Miserables Orchestral Instrumental Medley; choreo by Romain Haguenauer

Emily ROSE BROWN / James HERNANDEZ GBR
RD: Tango Instrumental - Mgzavebi by Roni Benise, Bamboleo by Gypsy Kings; choreo by J. Young (RD)
FD: "Happy" by C2C (Coups 2 Cross), "Stand By Me" performed by Ben E. King, "Happy" by C2C (Coups 2 Cross); choreo by N. Buckland, P. Coomes (FD)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yes, but some of us actually watch ice dance and guess what's the rhythm? Tango. In both junior and senior. So rest assured, we will hear these pieces over and over and over :palmf:

Eta: plus we don't know who Buyanova's Carmen will be, it could very well be Kovtun or Danielian.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Stephen GOGOLEV CAN
SP: "Run Boy Run" by Yoann Lemoine, performed by Woodkid; choreo by Mary Angela Larmer, David Wilson
FS: Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Mary Angela Larmer, David Wilson

Aleksa RAKIC CAN
SP: "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice; choreo by Mark Pillay, Joanne McLeod, Megan Wing
FS: Selection by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Mark Pillay, Joanne McLeod, Megan Wing

Nikolaj Molgaard PEDERSEN DEN
SP: "Electro Swing (Freshly Squeezed)" by DJ Dunya - Xylo Swing; choreo by Igor Tsion
FS: Soundtrack selection by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Igor Tsion

Josh BROWN GBR
SP: "Bad Boy Good Man" by Tape Five; choreo by Jeranjak Ipakjan
FS: "I Dreamed A Dream" (from Les Miserables); "One More Day" (from Les Miserables); "On My Own" (from Les Miserables); choreo by Jeranjak Ipakjan

Gabriel FOLKESSON SWE
SP: Elvis Presley Selection; choreo by Stephane Lambiel, Susanne Seger
FS: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Freddie Mercury performed by Queen; choreo by Stephane Lambiel, Susanne Seger SWE

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Virginia Elisa BUSTOS ARG
SP: "Seven Nations Army" performed by White Stripes ft. Haley Reinhart; "Mambo No. 8" by Perez Prado; "Mambo No. 5" by Perez Prado; choreo by Fernando Montiel
FS: "Chandelier" by Sia; choreo by Fernando Montiel

Maia SORENSEN DEN
SP: "La Vie en rose" performed by Pomy Wave; choreo by Michael Huth
FS: "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps" performed by Doris Day; "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps" performed by The Pussycat Dolls; choreo by Michael Huth

Kristen SPOURS GBR
SP: "Caught Out in the Rain" performed by Beth Hart; choreo by Florent Amodio
FS: La La Land (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Florent Amodio

Yi Christy LEUNG HKG
SP: Scene d'amour by Francis Lai, performed by Sarah Brightman; choreo by Rohene Ward (SP)
FS: "Breath of Life" by Florence and the Machine; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne (FS)

Azhar ZHUMAKHANOVA KAZ
SP: "The Show Must Go On" performed by Ademi; choreo by Anastasia Masliuk
FS: "Smile" by Arina Danilova; "Rendez-Vous" by Kelly Joyce; choreo by Anastasia Masliuk

Ana Sofia BESCHEA ROU
SP: "Vogue" by Madonna; choreo by Andrea Vaturi
FS: "Un giorno per noi" (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Andrea Vaturi

Smilla SZALKAI SWE
SP: La La Land (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Catarina Lindgren
FS: Romeo and Juliet; choreo by Catarina Lindgren

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Yes, but some of us actually watch ice dance and guess what's the rhythm? Tango. In both junior and senior. So rest assured, we will hear these pieces over and over and over :palmf:

Eta: plus we don't know who Buyanova's Carmen will be, it could very well be Kovtun or Danielian.

I'm very aware of what the rhythm in ice dance is, thanks :). I personally enjoy tango programs but I understand the sentiment. Back to back Carmens or POTO, not so much.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I heard Carmen used for a junior tango rhythm dance today;).

Also two junior rhythm dances with Libertango in them.

And another senior Cell Block Tango rhythm dance.

Something for everyone.

(Actually there were some really outstanding dance programs at Lake Placid today. McNamara & Carpenter's RD and the Peals' FD being my absolute highlights).

bramweld

Record Breaker
I heard Carmen used for a junior tango rhythm dance today;).

Also two junior rhythm dances with Libertango in them.

And another senior Cell Block Tango rhythm dance.

Something for everyone.

(Actually there were some really outstanding dance programs at Lake Placid today. McNamara & Carpenter's RD and the Peals' FD being my absolute highlights).

Video, do we have video? Please?

pearly

Record Breaker
Ice Dance:
Nadiia BASHYNSKA / Peter BEAUMONT CAN
RD: Tango: Carmen by Georges Bizet; Flamenco: Carmen by Georges Bizet; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
FD: Cinderella (soundtrack) by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs CAN

Cancel this entire season, WE HAVE A WINNER.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Virginia Elisa BUSTOS ARG
SP: "Seven Nations Army" performed by White Stripes ft. Haley Reinhart; "Mambo No. 8" by Perez Prado; "Mambo No. 5" by Perez Prado; choreo by Fernando Montiel
FS: "Chandelier" by Sia; choreo by Fernando Montiel

Kristen SPOURS GBR
SP: "Caught Out in the Rain" performed by Beth Hart; choreo by Florent Amodio
FS: La La Land (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Florent Amodio

Yi Christy LEUNG HKG
SP: Scene d'amour by Francis Lai, performed by Sarah Brightman; choreo by Rohene Ward (SP)
FS: "Breath of Life" by Florence and the Machine; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne (FS)

Now that's some interesting choices.
I want to know how seven nations army (the original song) can be mixed with mambo by Perez Prado:laugh:
I'm interested by Florent Amodio's work too.
Yay Florence and the machine!! Even if it's not the song i love the most.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I'm not really bothered by single skaters doing tango even if it's the SD rythm. They are two different disciplines and I don't think they should pay attention to each other tbh - for example, I only follow Ice Dance sporadically, I'm sure it's true (and the opposite too) for many viewers

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I want this to happen. Kovtun has endeared me with his odd music choices, i.e. Phil Collins, Comedic Beethoven.

I know You secretly LOVE Maxim's programs and appreciate his musical choices' creativity;):laugh:, You are just in little denial;)