2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine Lecavelier

SP: Maktub 1 by Marcus Viana (chorerographer Fabian Bourzat)
FS: I'll Take Care of You by Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart (choreographer Karen Kwan)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just updated Giorgia Isabella Sechi's Fan Fest post in preparation for her Junior GP debut this week, and felt that I should warn you that there is a mistake in her ISU Bio.

When listing her Short Programme music, all the names are correct, but they have somehow managed to put the wrong composer with the wrong piece. (There is also a typing error in the title of the Batman film).

The Short Programme music should be as follows:

"Arrow Theme Song" by Blake Neely; "Dark Knight Rises Theme" by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Barbara Albrechtrova

The Free Skate music is listed correctly:

"Pure Imagination" by Marcus Warner; "If Elephants Could Fly" by Marcus Warner; "Africa" by Marcus Warner; choreo by Barbara Albrechtrova

Can't wait to see them!

CaroLiza_fan

Now that I have seen the FS, I have discovered that there was a mistake there too. It was only the last 2 songs that were by Marcus Warner.

Unsurprisingly, the first song was a cover of the Gene Wilder song from "Willie Wonka And The Chocolate Factory". When I went searching for a version by Marcus Warner before the competition, I couldn't find one. But, that doesn't mean it didn't exist - it just means I couldn't find it. ;)

However, after seeing the routine, I went searching again and it turned out that the version used in the FS is a cover by Stephanie Tarling.

So, it should read:

“Pure Imagination” by Stephanie Tarling; “If Elephants Could Fly” by Marcus Warner; and “Africa” by Marcus Warner; choreo by Barbara Albrechtrova

It is a really beautiful version of the song, so well done to Stephanie!

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that it doesn't turn out like Candyman.
I can see Zhenya doing decent with it but him...not too sure

Oh... I was hoping for something different. But I don't think it can turn out as bad as Candyman, if nothing else then because the music is less tacky.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm hoping that it doesn't turn out like Candyman.
I can see Zhenya doing decent with it but him...not too sure

My fears also...For the love of God I cannot see why first Mozer now Trankov insist on getting them into such aesthetic where they have no connection to: such songs with specific vibe to it/style require lots of work to make it work as a competitive program. They will have elements, because they are very skilled and talented, but I am afraid it will be flattened out by how dissonant their expression/interpretation could be after that 'Candyman' program. They looked so good for me with 'Ordinary People' song, why not to pick something waltz-y, jazzy with lyrics that has more steady rhythm and is more 'neutral'?

pearly

Record Breaker
Maybe they insist on it. I don't know. But this new program wasn't half bad compared to some other stuff they've done in the past.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Maybe they insist on it. I don't know. But this new program wasn't half bad compared to some other stuff they've done in the past.

I agree! Not too bad
Zhenya seems into it...which is nice when you compare it to how she was in Candyman

I do think they need to amp up the pizzazz though. But it's still early for the season so the program will develop.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm unsure about the program - but it is very new, and the choreo clearly still needs time to settle, so I'll reserve judgement on it for now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lots of info from Finlandia in Pairs.

First info from Ziegler & Kiefer

Tarasova & Morosov have a new SP.

We now know Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA' s SP.

And some bio updates, too.

No.NameNation
2Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: "Fortitude" by Haevn; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Hello" by Adele; "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUTNEW!
4Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
SP: "Malagueña"
FS:"Turn To Stone" by Ingrid Michaelson; choreo. by Yuka Sato&Jeremy Abbott
JPNSP ID
6Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN
SP: "When Winter Comes" performed by André Rieu; choreo by A. Maximov, S. Komolov, A. Zhelezniakov
FS: The Great Gatsby soundtrack; choreo by A. Maximov, S. Komolov, A. Zhelezniakov
RUSBio update
7Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: "I Got You (I Feel Good)" by James Brown; choreography by : Peter Tchernyshev, Evgeni Prisiaghny
FS: "The Winter" by Balmorhea; choreo by Peter Tchernyshev, Evgeni Prisiaghny
RUSNew SP
and bio update

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And from Finlandia in dance:

No.NameNation
1Mina ZDRAVKOVA / Christopher M. DAVIS
RD: Carmen: Habanera and Entr'acte
FD: Bulgarian folk dance
BULNEW!
FD ID is ??
6Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS
RD: "Bailando Bajo la Luna" by Chiquita Herrada; "Tango Flamenco" by Armik
FD: Yello medley: "Move Dance Be Born," "The Rhythm Divine" feat. Shirley Bassey, "On the Run"
HUNNEW!
7Shira ICHILOV / Vadim DAVIDOVICH
RD: All That Jazz/"Cell Block Tango" from Chicago soundtrack
FD: Notre Dame de Paris soundtrack (Florence, La cour des miracles, Bohémienne, Danse Mon Esmeralda)
ISRID of FD
9Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN
RD: "Come Together" by the Beatles; "Imma Be" (Super Clean Radio Edit version) by The Black Eyed Peas; choreo by
Evgenia Shumskaia, Natalia Sannikova
FD: Nocturne (Vocal-07) performed by Secret Garden; Sarabande Suite (Aeternae) by Globus; choreo by Evgenia Shumskaia, Natalia Sannikova
RUSbio update
10Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV
RD: Tango
FD: "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons
RUSno ID, but RD is all tango
11Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
RD: Paso Doble: Malaguena performed by Blast; Tango: Tango Suite Part III by Al Di Meola; Tango: Carmen's Story performed by Edith Piafs; "Carmen's Story," performed by Edith Piaf; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
FD: Blues: "Am I The One" by Beth Hart; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
RUSbio update

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For those who wanted some team to skate to the Assassin's Tango, a JGP team is:

Julia Kim & /Shokhrukh Sultanov UZB
RD: Tango: "Assassin's Tango" (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; "Palladio" performed by Escala; choreo by Andrei Driganov
FD: "Une vie d'amour performed by Mireille Mathieu; Pardonne-moi ce caprice performed by Mireille Mathieu; choreo by Andrei Driganov

And now all the JPG ice dance and pair teams are in the main list.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There were lots of men we had not seen before at Finlandia, and a couple of updates.

No.NameNation
3Daniel Albert NAURITS
SP:" La identidad inaccesible" by Alberto Inglesias; choreo by Natalja Yanovskaja
FS: "Smile" by Gregory Porter; "Liquid Spirit" by Gregory Porter; choreo by Natalja Yanovskaja
ESTNEW
4Roman GALAY
SP: "El Tango De Roxanne" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, performed by Ewan MacGregor
FS: Pearl Harbor soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
FINNEW
5Valtter VIRTANEN
SP: "Milonga de mis amores by Pedro Laurenz; Pierre Loup Bouquet (SP),
FS: "La Strada" by Nino Rota; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn (FS)
FINNEW
6Luc ECONOMIDES
SP: "Don't Explain" by Nina Simone;"Sinnerman" performed by Nina Simone; choreo by Florent Amodio
FS: "Un Amor" performed by the Gipsy Kings; choreo by Florentine Amodio
FRANEW
8Graham NEWBERRY
SP: "Louder Than Words;" choreo by Florent Amodio
FS: Gladiator (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Florent Amodio
GBRNEW
WDAlexei BYCHENKO
SP: Requiem for a Dream soundtrack
FS:
ISRNEW
11Ryuju HINO
SP: "We're Even" and "Water Pistol Attack" from the Addicted To Love soundtrack by Rachel Portman.
FS: "Le Villi - La Tregenda;" performed by Ondrej Lenard; La Bohemé, Act IV, Final Scene: "Death of Mimi" performed by André Kostelanetz;Andre Kostelanetz & His Orchestra
JPNNEW
12Sota YAMAMOTO
SP: Air on a G String by J. S. Bach; version from the Battle Royale soundtrack; choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
FS: Nobunaga Concerto; choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
JPNBio update
17Mikhail KOLYADA
SP: Music by Muse: "I Belong to You" (+ Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix); choreo by Stephane Lambiel
FS: Adagio from Carmen Suite by Georges Bizet, Rodion Shchedrin; Habanera from Carmen Suite No. 2 by Georges Bizet; choreo by Olga Kliushnichenko (FS)
RUSBio update
18Javier RAYA
SP: "I Have Nothing" performed by Matt Bloyd
FS: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (last season's) choreo by Joey Russell
ESPNEW
21Lukas BRITSCHGI
SP: "Love is a *****" by Two Feet; choreo by Michael Huth, Rostislav Sinicyn
FS: Blues Brothers Medley; choreo by Michael Huth, Rostislav Sinicyn
SUINEW

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So here are the Ladies from Finlandia. Quite a few season debuts here!

No.NameNationInfo
2Katsiarina PAKHAMOVICH
SP: "The Cold Summer of 1953" arranged by Adam Baldwin; choreo by Julietta Akopian
FS: Burlesque (soundtrack) performed by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Julietta Akopian
BLRNEW
3Veronik MALLET
SP: "True Colors" by Cindy Lauper; choreo by David Wilson
FS: "Turning Tables" by Adele; "Let Me Go" by Karl Hugo; choreo by David Wilson
CANNEW
4Michaela Lucie HANZLIKOVA
SP: "Fever" by John Davenport, Eddie Cooley, performed by Peggy Lee; choreo by Fabrizio Pedrazzini
FS: "Nyah" (from "Mission Impossible" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreographer by Fabrizio Pedrazzini
CZENEW
6Viveca LINDFORS
SP: "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreography by Shanetta Folle, Sari Hakola (last season's)
FS: Les Miserables soundtrack
FINNEW
7Emmi PELTONEN
SP: "Caruso," by Lucia Dalli, performed by Jackie Evancho; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Suite for Cello and Orchestra: Sayuri's Theme;(Memoirs of a Geisha) by John Williams;"Chairman's Waltz" (Memoirs of a Geisha) by John Williams; choreo by Mark Pillay
FINNEW
8Lutricia BOCK
SP: "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen
FS: La La Land soundtrack
GERNEW
9Natasha MCKAY
SP: "Song For The Little Sparrow" performed by Patricia Kaas; choreography by Benoit Richaud (SP), Andrew Smith
FS: Rondo Capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Andrew Smith
GBRNEW
10Karly ROBERTSON
SP: "With You" (from "Ghost" musical soundtrack); choreo by Andrew Smith
FS: "In the Arms of an Angel" by Sarah McLachlan; choreo by Andrew Smith
GBRNEW
13Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
SP: Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven; choreography by Daniil Gleikhengauz
FS: "Otono Porteno" by Ensemble Nuevo Tango; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz
KAZUpdate bio
14Camilla GJERSEM
SP:
FS: Introduction and Rondo capriccioso in A minor Op. 28 by Camille Saint-Saëns
NORNEW
15Yujin CHOI
SP: "Nagada Sang Dhol"
FS: Tosca Fantasy
KORNEW
16Hanul KIM
SP: "River Flows in You" by HENRY X Yiruma Collaboration
FS: "Simple Song #3' (From "Youth") by Sumi Jo
KORNEW
18Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
SP: “Assassin’s Tango” from the Mr. and Mrs. Smith soundtrack by John Powell; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
FS: “You Don’t Love Me” by Caro Emerald and “Petite Fleur” by The Hot Sardines; "Cat Groove" by Parov Stelar; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUSBio update
19Antonina DUBININA
SP: "Nur fuer dich" by Mireille Mathieu; choreo by Nikita Mikhailov, Vitali Butikov
FS: "Survivor" (Epic Cover - Tomb Raider Trailer 2) by 2Wei; choreo by Nikita Mikhailov, Vitali Butikov
SRBNEW
20Valentina MATOS
SP: "My Immortal" [Band Version] by Evanescence
FS: "Send In the Clowns"
ESPNEW
21Anita ÖSTLUND
SP: "Je t'aime" performed by Lara Fabian
FS: "The Summer Knows"
SWENEW
22Yoonmi LEHMANN
SP: Bolero by Maurice Ravel; choreo by Alexander Abt
FS: Danse Macabre, Op. 40, by Camille St. Saëns; choreo by Alexander Abt
SUINEW
24Angela WANG
SP: "Praying” by Kesha; choreo by Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Michelle Kwan, Tanith White
FS: "Send in the Clowns” by Barbra Streisand; choreo by Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Michelle Kwan, Tanith White
USANEW

Last edited: